AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Shaneee said:

And the prelinkedkernel built? It wouldn't build on my test drive without these replacements. I copied one at a time rebuilding the prelinkedkernel each time.

Thnx, but indeed prelinkedkernel will not rebuild. Also not with the kexts replaced. So I did the trick by replacing the prelinkedkernel with one from my main 10.13.3 system.

It boots, USB is working this time (thanks to the USB kexts above), but my screen boots to blank. I'm using DisplayPort connector. Will retry with HDMI.

when you install a new kernel always do a kextcache -u / before reboot

open the console log and if the prelinkedkernel isnt rebuild you will have in the log the kext that break it

if the prelinkedkernel can't be rebuild the system will always be unstable

i do get some bugs if i have a few osx versions on same machine (10.11/12) - maybe this happens with other users

Edited by jalavoui
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jalavoui said:

when you install a new kernel always do a kextcache -u / before reboot

open the console log and if the prelinkedkernel isnt rebuild you will have in the log the kext that break it

if the prelinkedkernel can't be rebuild the system will always be unstable

i do get some bugs if i have a few osx versions on same machine (10.11/12) - maybe this happens with other users

Thanks, this should work, but we have tried it HS 13.4 does not want to work with this method for Ryzen CPU systems.   For El Capitan, Sierra and HS 13.3 it works but for 13.4 we have the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryzen 7 2700X with Gigabyte X470 Gaming mobo works.  Higher clocks, better scoresimageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7     

It has 2 power steppngs (Geekbench) always stuck with one on the 1700.    

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 8.40.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 10.53.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 10.36.28 PM.png

Edited by Gigamaxx
  • Like 2

A little better, Vega still isn't up to par but I will try RX 480 to see if it acts like intel.   I'm in Beta 13.5 though so kernel support may not be optimal.    A really bitchn looking fan though with a nice copper tube heatsink versus the older RBG fan on 1700.

54589985796__32DED299-5FA9-4D09-A2FD-6669A73AE3F7.MOV

Edited by Gigamaxx

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, basically thats what I did.  I just put in a test disk and it booted first try.   Audio, ethernet etc.. may need fixes if they aren't the same.    I got a new mobo X470 but if you upgrade your current board bios most of your fixes should still work.

I updated the bios on my x370. When I boot up I can’t go past 3000ghz it’s unstable for some reason. I have a 1700 . 

I updated the bios on my x370. When I boot up I can’t go past 3000ghz it’s unstable for some reason. I have a 1700 . 

• Like 1

I'm so excited about building a new Ryzen CPU 2 th generation with 65W @ TDP, and RX 480 for the same power consumption reason. but i hesitate, only because something will not work, i don't know but like App's Xcode a game, i don't care about professional applications because i don't use them and i'm not professional to, but something like video editing Final Cut etc....

I just want to know how it works, and is it worth it versus my current system build on macOS speaking? Because i don't care about windope!

19 hours ago, bbmatias3 said:

I’m using a msi x370 carbon gaming pro

and I updated to the latest bios 

my hackintosh works but only on 3.0ghz

I was reading about issues with these updates, the new bios is adding P states so set to 0 and also one user reset cos and removed battery to completely reset the bios.

Update:  I just updated my bios to F20 and I have 3.6 GHz working no problems so far.   I am going to swap out my 1700 for a 2400g noe that I have the updated bios for more IGPU graphics testing.   I'm also wondering why my Uningine scores were much better with the 2200G versus my new 2700X it may be the integrated graphics support?

18 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

I'm so excited about building a new Ryzen CPU 2 th generation with 65W @ TDP, and RX 480 for the same power consumption reason. but i hesitate, only because something will not work, i don't know but like App's Xcode a game, i don't care about professional applications because i don't use them and i'm not professional to, but something like video editing Final Cut etc....

I just want to know how it works, and is it worth it versus my current system build on macOS speaking? Because i don't care about windope!

Most apps will work, xCode is no problem, as long as you use AMD video cards it should work well.    

Edited by Gigamaxx
  • Like 1

When I leave the cpu on auto I can boot with busrstio=30 and it runs good 

when I try to adjust the cpu speed to let’s say 36 it boots but seems to get stuck , like it’s booting but it’s having trouble 

not sure what the issue is

whay clover settings are you using? 

Also does the 2700x have integrated graphics?

Edited by bbmatias3

6 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

I was reading about issues with these updates, the new bios is adding P states so set to 0 and also one user reset cos and removed battery to completely reset the bios.

Update:  I just updated my bios to F20 and I have 3.6 GHz working no problems so far.   I am going to swap out my 1700 for a 2400g noe that I have the updated bios for more IGPU graphics testing.   I'm also wondering why my Uningine scores were much better with the 2200G versus my new 2700X it may be the integrated graphics support?

Most apps will work, xCode is no problem, as long as you use AMD video cards it should work well.    

Xcode installation crashes the machine for me on x399.  Never able to boot from clover installed on hard drives, stuck with USB stick forever.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 2:51 PM, ydeng said:

Xcode installation crashes the machine for me on x399.  Never able to boot from clover installed on hard drives, stuck with USB stick forever.

I'm getting an error for xCode "scanning for Plugins failed".   Ryzen 2700X, X470 in HS 13.5 beta.    Works fine in 13.3.

Edited by Gigamaxx

On 5/7/2018 at 6:08 PM, sajmonella9 said:

Any test for Nvidia GPU ? on 10.13.4 . I mean... still gpu performance is 50% less that normal?

Yes the Performance is poor

Anyone had  the Problem with the USB 3.0 my hackintosh   Say no have usb3  but the Port usb 3 work.

but of i remove the device in the usb 3 the hackintosh Reboot.

Shannne some one Progress in your Kernel? 

F967D85B-7E22-4E8F-99C1-0FA3A46FA692.png