AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

This one works  :thumbsup_anim: Ran VLC and Mpv. All work normal now. Awesomeness. Thanks Shaneee!

Were you experiencing poor Nvidia performance before at all? If so how is it now?

On 8/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, Shaneee said:

Thanks for this new Ryzen kernel which can boot with "-s, then Exit" to dektop in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh at 10.13.3 (17D47).

Its performance by Cinebench R15 or Geekbench was very good indeed.

Without these boot arguments it always got invalid kernel opcode (64-bit): .......... errors repeatedly and unable to login desktop !

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 7.02.42 PM.png

1700x.txt

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 7.08.48 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000

On 8/11/2018 at 10:43 PM, Shaneee said:

@tikizondo94 Try this one and see if the video lag is fixed,

Copy it to S/L/K and run sudo kextcache -u /

Then you can boot Clover with kcsuffix=test    This will keep the current kernel in place in the case this doesn't boot although it does on my Ryzen 5 2400G.

kernel.test.zip

Thanks for this new Ryzen kernel which can boot with "kcsuffix=test -s then exit" to dektop at 10.13.3 and its performance was also very good.

It can identify cpufamily not 0 now.

One severe bug was unable to shutdown which got restart always in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh, while Bronya's old kernel booted or shutdown faster than this one.

But the major issue was still related to unable to rebuild prelinkedkernel (run sudo kextcache -u / successfully) at 10.13.4 or 10.13.5 even roll-back so many kexts from 10.13.3 in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 7.31.20 PM.png

test.txt

Edited by jsl2000

21 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Were you experiencing poor Nvidia performance before at all? If so how is it now?

Not that i can notice. These are my current benchmark results with the "new" kernel. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 1.02.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 1.05.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 1.06.59 PM.png

31 minutes ago, fagneroliveira said:

With the fx8350  i receite kernelpanic 

using   kcauffix=test ir not using 

image.jpg

Yeah we are working on fixing the FX issues with the new kernel. Can you test this one with kcsuffix please. Replace the kernel then run

sudo kextcache -i / && sudo kextcache -u /

kernel.test.zip

first of all, thx for all the great work you guys are doing with kernel developement and help.

now i got a question. do i really need to use the system.kext? i installed osx high sierra on my dell 6230 and then just replaced the kernel for use with my ryzen system, and it works.

i just wonder what the system.kext may do and maybe i miss something?

iam not using onboard usb ports. i bought two usb pcie cards which have native support. so maybe thats why i dont have any problem so far?

regards

2 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Can you run a cinebench or other OpenGL app like Uningine?

Yeah, Nvidia performance still just isnt there with AMD support yet. Cinebench scores below, and Uningine Valley crashes within 20 seconds. Starting off at 22fps.

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 5.08.17 AM.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Yeah, Nvidia performance still just isnt there with AMD support yet. Cinebench scores below, and Uningine Valley crashes within 20 seconds. Starting off at 22fps.

Can you test this one please with Cinebench. See if it scores higher,

kernel.test.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaneee said:

kernel.test.zip

Thanks Shane, we really appreciate your work on these kernels.    I’ve been on vacation so I can’t test yet but will do so soon!   They don’t seem to work on my iPhone, lawl!

Just now, Gigamaxx said:

Thanks Shane, we really appreciate your work on these kernels.    I’ve been on vacation so I can’t test yet but will do so soon!   They don’t seem to work on my iPhone, lawl!

Not a problem. Thanks to algrey for helping me out. Maybe I could compile arm for your iPhone lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shaneee said:

kernel.test.zip

Score is slightly higher on Cinebench. Valley still crashes. I will say general speed and app opening is extremely fast and smooth with this kernel. Best to date so far. With these new Ryzen kernels should i be leaving the CPU section in clover blank? or does it matter?

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 3.45.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 3.57.26 PM.png

1 hour ago, tikizondo94 said:

Score is slightly higher on Cinebench. Valley still crashes. I will say general speed and app opening is extremely fast and smooth with this kernel. Best to date so far. With these new Ryzen kernels should i be leaving the CPU section in clover blank? or does it matter?

I've got nothing set in the CPU tab. Can you try booting with kcsuffix=test -enableleaf and see if it makes a difference. 

47 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

I've got nothing set in the CPU tab. Can you try booting with kcsuffix=test -enableleaf and see if it makes a difference. 

added -enableleaf "with kcsuffix=test" to my bootargs. Didnt seem to make a difference. Only thing i noticed was i lost wifi. System still runs smooth and fast. Fastest boot time to date. Also i cleared all my settings in CPU in clover. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 6.47.27 PM.png

Hello  Shaneee.

I just got my brand new ryzen 2700 and gigabyte x470 ultra gaming board. And of course really want to install 10.13.6 on it like I had on my purged intel PC. Could you please guide me with this? Honestly I don't know where to start with AMD cpu. I installed hackintosh many times on intel PCs with not much hustle before but now I need some guidelines I believe to succeed. I have real mac too so I can make bootable USB installation, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings. 

On 8/16/2018 at 6:21 AM, shrisha said:

Hello  Shaneee.

I just got my brand new ryzen 2700 and gigabyte x470 ultra gaming board. And of course really want to install 10.13.6 on it like I had on my purged intel PC. Could you please guide me with this? Honestly I don't know where to start with AMD cpu. I installed hackintosh many times on intel PCs with not much hustle before but now I need some guidelines I believe to succeed. I have real mac too so I can make bootable USB installation, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings. 

10.13.6 isn't working currently. We need to wait on updated kernel sources.

Also we've fixed the issues on FX now just looking to correct the fsb detection and work on the Nvidia issue if it is indeed kernel related.

Hi Shaneee  I could not test your kernel  on FX my installation is broken.

when I rollback the kext for 10.13.3  for bulldin the prelinked kernel  it work and  gave me a prelinked   install Nvidia instal but don't work.

I tried install Nvidia for 10.13.3 and don't work the driver for 10.13.5  don't work  either.

ever get black screen or vesa driver I messed up 3 partition trying  to resolve. 

guys  how  rollback correctly ? all kexts in / S / L / E or just a few?

7 hours ago, Shaneee said:

10.13.6 isn't working currently. We need to wait on updated kernel sources.

Also we've fixed the issues on FX now just looking to correct the fsb detection and work on the Nvidia issue if it is indeed kernel related.

For what it's worth, I'm running 10.3.3 and using your latest Kernel from Github (Ryzen 2700 + 1080ti). Last night running benchmarks with Uningine Valley, I noticed something interesting -- that the benchmarks / performance was virtually identical whether or not I had everything set at the lowest quality or the highest quality (which is to say, not great, averaging 22 FPS).

Edited by Carebearclaws
typos
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, tikizondo94 said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 3.45.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 3.57.26 PM.png

For valley, do you have audio of any kind working?    It crashes on intel as well if there is no audio output available.   

1 hour ago, Gigamaxx said:

For valley, do you have audio of any kind working?    It crashes on intel as well if there is no audio output available.   

Yeah I have audio. It makes it about 10 seconds into the benchmark then it crashes. 

22 hours ago, fagneroliveira said:

Hi Shaneee  I could not test your kernel  on FX my installation is broken.

when I rollback the kext for 10.13.3  for bulldin the prelinked kernel  it work and  gave me a prelinked   install Nvidia instal but don't work.

I tried install Nvidia for 10.13.3 and don't work the driver for 10.13.5  don't work  either.

ever get black screen or vesa driver I messed up 3 partition trying  to resolve. 

guys  how  rollback correctly ? all kexts in / S / L / E or just a few?

We know it doesn't work on FX but have fixed that and next release will work. Rolling back the prelinkedkernel will work because it holds the old kernel. 

Edit: Updated kernel, https://github.com/Shaneee92/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/releases/tag/1.2.0

18 hours ago, Shaneee said:

We know it doesn't work on FX but have fixed that and next release will work. Rolling back the prelinkedkernel will work because it holds the old kernel. 

Edit: Updated kernel, https://github.com/Shaneee92/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/releases/tag/1.2.0

Thanks for this new kernel which can boot to desktop in my FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.3 smoothly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for this new kernel which can boot to desktop in my FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.3 smoothly.

Can you please share a screenshot of CPU-Z in Windows and the output of this in terminal please

sysctl -a | grep hw.