AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

No sign of the 10.13.4 sources yet but I've revised my kernel a bit. This version has no OPEMU. If there are issues with FX etc I'll add it back in. I've not managed to fix the core/thread count on Ryzen yet. This is working just fine on my test partition but doesn't on my main drive for some reason. Please test and report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ufho6p323twp06/kernel_minimal_test.zip?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shaneee said:

No sign of the 10.13.4 sources yet but I've revised my kernel a bit. This version has no OPEMU. If there are issues with FX etc I'll add it back in. I've not managed to fix the core/thread count on Ryzen yet. This is working just fine on my test partition but doesn't on my main drive for some reason. Please test and report.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ufho6p323twp06/kernel_minimal_test.zip?dl=0

Thanks for the kernel 

This kernel Boot on fx  but for some Reason the time of Boot  Had increased.

you new Kernel dont boot on Intel cpu too.

4.21 minutes for your old Kernel and 

5.03 for this new.

mobo is Gigabyte ga970a-d

this same Setup with the 10.13.2  dont have Long Time for Boot. The 10.13.3  isues on usb3.0. Start use and the hackintosh reboot.

and the 10.13.4

long time for Boot, NVIDIA very Slow  comparing with 10.13.3 and  the system dont Not recognise usb 3.0.

this Month i will Change my PC 

Ok Clover kext injection isn't working either. I was experimenting with minimal edits to the source. I'll revise the original source with my updated changes again without the OPEMU and upload once done. Without OPEMU a few apps crash on startup.

Something I'm doing is breaking kext injection and I don't know what... Even using my original source Clover doesn't inject for some strange reason. I'll upload another test once I sort it.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:39 AM, Gigamaxx said:

I was reading about issues with these updates, the new bios is adding P states so set to 0 and also one user reset cos and removed battery to completely reset the bios.

Update:  I just updated my bios to F20 and I have 3.6 GHz working no problems so far.   I am going to swap out my 1700 for a 2400g noe that I have the updated bios for more IGPU graphics testing.   I'm also wondering why my Uningine scores were much better with the 2200G versus my new 2700X it may be the integrated graphics support?

Most apps will work, xCode is no problem, as long as you use AMD video cards it should work well.    

Hi there, Could you please tell us how to set P States to 0 in BIOS? I also experience this problem after upgrade the newest BIOS can't set OC to use MacOS, only can use default CPU frequency.

Thanks

Edited by joy2000

2 hours ago, joy2000 said:

Hi there, Could you please tell us how to set P States to 0 in BIOS? I also experience this problem after upgrade the newest BIOS can't set OC to use MacOS, only can use default CPU frequency.

Thanks

I found mine for Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 in "Perepherals/Zen CMD/Pstates".   Check your settings the option may not be in Frequency settings like overclocking CPU settings.    

On 5/21/2018 at 1:04 AM, Gigamaxx said:

I found mine for Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 in "Perepherals/Zen CMD/Pstates".   Check your settings the option may not be in Frequency settings like overclocking CPU settings.    

thanks again. I'll try.

2 hours ago, fagneroliveira said:

Does anyone know   How to tell which Version os hackintosh amd  the Problems  with the NVIDIA Board started with?

maverick, Yosemite, elcaptain?

i am  start to studyng to See if i find a Solution for the amd Professor and nvidia Board 

It was first realized in Sierra,  but earlier testing for Ryzen was in Mavericks to El Capitan but then quickly jumped to Sierra where most users began using web drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason any kernel I now build whether it's with an older source or not kext injection in Clover is broken. Anyone got any ideas? I took a known working diff, added Ryzen patch to test on my system. It boots but not to desktop as no FakeSMC because no kext injection...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SPO-Fan said:

@Shaneee Did you try some older Clover verisons? There was a change to Kext injection, I think it was r4497. Maybe that would be a possibility to find the problem.

Would you share your diff, so others can try to solve the problem?

This is a good idea. when I had clover 4392 he always accused opcode error and  highsierra don't boot  but in  4380 boot fine and 4411  too .  this was very strange.

2 hours ago, SPO-Fan said:

@Shaneee Did you try some older Clover verisons? There was a change to Kext injection, I think it was r4497. Maybe that would be a possibility to find the problem.

Would you share your diff, so others can try to solve the problem?

It's not Clover. If I replace the kernel with the one booting my main system it works again. My diffs are all available. The one I've got to hand is here, https://amd-osx.com/files/Shaneee_HS_Minimal.diff.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just finally managed to build 10.13.3 xnu with @Shaneees diff above. It will boot, but it stucks before the desktop because of missing fakesmc, so clover kext injection does not work (Ryzen 5 1600). Is there any clover log so we could get a hint? Or maybe there were some compiler changes in xcode (but wouldn‘t that mean that kext injection must break in a coming official kernel too?)

@DP1991 This probably won‘t be fixed in the near future. I think it would require changes in Adobe‘s code and not in the kernel.

9 hours ago, SPO-Fan said:

I just finally managed to build 10.13.3 xnu with @Shaneees diff above. It will boot, but it stucks before the desktop because of missing fakesmc, so clover kext injection does not work (Ryzen 5 1600). Is there any clover log so we could get a hint? Or maybe there were some compiler changes in xcode (but wouldn‘t that mean that kext injection must break in a coming official kernel too?)

@DP1991 This probably won‘t be fixed in the near future. I think it would require changes in Adobe‘s code and not in the kernel.

Yeah it was an xcode version issue. Compiled kernels now working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPO-Fan said:

Nice to hear that it‘s working again. I tried latest Xcode (9.4.1) on 10.13.3 and 10.13.5 with no luck. Which version of Xcode are you using?

I'm using Xcode 9.2 with matching CLI to build 10.13.3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! 
Im currently on the latest Sierra macOS. Is it safe to upgrade to the latest High Sierra Build?
If yes, what would be the right kernel?

Thanks in advance, you guys are doing great work for us! 

Btw, is there something I can do to support kernel development?

Edited by dermarder

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fagneroliveira said:

the kernel work on the 10.13.6  but the   with the problems :

don't boot  in safe mode

without prelinked 

and if use voodoopstate, lilu, Nvidiagrafixup, whateergreen   you will have black screen.

and Nvidia don't have accell

Hi, could you tell me which kernel you use ?

And how did you install 10.13.6 ?

I could not boot to 10.13.6 installer USB with 10.13.3 kernel

Thanks

7 hours ago, ksc91u said:

Hi, could you tell me which kernel you use ?

And how did you install 10.13.6 ?

I could not boot to 10.13.6 installer USB with 10.13.3 kernel

Thanks

i install on intel and copy. with copy cloner

Shaneee I  try 10.13.6 just for curiosity

On 7/13/2018 at 3:15 AM, Shaneee said:

Don't use 10.13.6. I experienced major issues with WindowServer. Ended up going back to 10.13.5. Wait for updated kernel.

They haven’t released any new open source since 13.3!    Wonder what’s taking them so long?   

• Like 1