Jump to content

AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing


1,119 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

On 8/23/2018 at 10:15 AM, Shaneee said:

 

Run this app I made to fix the Adobe CC apps,

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt3cbuaxt4y2njm/Adobe CC Fix.zip?dl=0

 

Replacing and removing components from the apps does not work anymore in the current CC 2018 releases. While some apps can be tricked into starting up they will crash using specific functions (Trace in illustrator, Warp Stabilise in AE/PP, Adaptive Wide Angle in PS, etc) and others don't work anymore even with downgraded Camera Raw or other workarounds.

 

I don't know if Adobe is using some very intel-specific compile options or cpu instructions but i suspect these issues will need to be fixed in the kernel.

 

On another note: 

i tried the recent kernels by @Shaneee and @AlGrey and they work great - Nvidia performance is still not 100% but my GTX780 started clocking up/down properly. With the recent work done to get native USB/Bluetooth and audio working the Adobe issues are the last thing keeping me from making this machine usable for work. 

 

Thanks for the continued efforts guys!

 

adobe-cc2018-ryzen-crashreports.updated.zip

Edited by manumental
clarified PS crash trigger, added PS and ID crashreports
2 hours ago, manumental said:

 

Replacing and removing components from the apps does not work anymore in the current CC 2018 releases. While some apps can be tricked into starting up they will crash using specific functions (Trace in illustrator, Warp Stabilise in AE/PP, Color mode change in PS, etc) and others don't work anymore even with downgraded Camera Raw or other workarounds.

 

I don't know if Adobe is using some very intel-specific compile options or cpu instructions but i suspect these issues will need to be fixed in the kernel.

 

On another note: 

i tried the recent kernels by @Shaneee and @AlGrey and they work great - Nvidia performance is still not 100% but my GTX780 started clocking up/down properly. With the recent work done to get native USB/Bluetooth and audio working the Adobe issues are the last thing keeping me from making this machine usable for work. 

 

Thanks for the continued efforts guys!

adobe-cc2018-ryzen-crashreports.zip

 

I can't replicate the issue with colour change in PS. I know about the warp stabilizer crash and I'll look into it when I've got time.

 

@fagneroliveira Can you test this kernel with the FX. Copy to S/L/K and run sudo kextcache -u / to compile prelinkedkernel.test Remove it if it's there first. Then boot Clover with kcsuffix=test

 

 

kernel.test.zip

6 hours ago, fagneroliveira said:

the result of Nvidia 1080ti  with FX8320 on HS version

13.0 is the best preforme on my 1080ti  

13.2 poor

13.3 poor 

13.5 rollback kext 13.3. performance is  poor

13.5  prelinked of 13.0    good but without internet

cap.png

do you see any difference with this one ? 

 

kcsuffix=tsc

kernel.tsc.zip

18 hours ago, AlGrey said:

 

give this one a try 

kernel.test.zip

 

IS there any way to add about 10% to that fix?   Intel setups run Vega at 205,000 to 208,000 even on my 3.2GHz Pentium G3258.   It would be nice to get Intel level performance out of Ryzen for AMD graphics if its possible. 

7 hours ago, AlGrey said:

do you see any difference with this one ? 

 

kcsuffix=tsc

kernel.tsc.zip

Thanks for this new kernel which can boot to desktop in my FX-6300 hackintosh, but its performance score by Cinebench R15 got only 50 % of your previous kernel.testb.

Wake-up got reboot too.

BTW why it showed this kernel by uname -a as :

Darwin iMac-2.local 17.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.4.0: Fri Aug 24 15:24:31 PDT 2018; ~ Shaneee ~ :AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 3.33.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 3.35.42 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
12 hours ago, Shaneee said:

 

I can't replicate the issue with colour change in PS. I know about the warp stabilizer crash and I'll look into it when I've got time.

 

@fagneroliveira Can you test this kernel with the FX. Copy to S/L/K and run sudo kextcache -u / to compile prelinkedkernel.test Remove it if it's there first. Then boot Clover with kcsuffix=test

 

 

kernel.test.zip

This kernel.test can boot to desktop in my FX-6300 hackintosh, but the audio quality was very poor !

Cinebench R15 performance is in average.

9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for this new kernel which can boot to desktop in my FX-6300 hackintosh, but its performance score by Cinebench R15 got only 50 % of your previous kernel.testb.

Wake-up got reboot too.

BTW why it showed this kernel by uname -a as :

Darwin iMac-2.local 17.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.4.0: Fri Aug 24 15:24:31 PDT 2018; ~ Shaneee ~ :AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

that was just some test codes for TSC compiled by yifanlu based on https://github.com/Shaneee92/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU 

 

16 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

IS there any way to add about 10% to that fix?   Intel setups run Vega at 205,000 to 208,000 even on my 3.2GHz Pentium G3258.   It would be nice to get Intel level performance out of Ryzen for AMD graphics if its possible. 

would be nice, but not sure how to achieve it 

Edited by AlGrey
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

 

IS there any way to add about 10% to that fix?   Intel setups run Vega at 205,000 to 208,000 even on my 3.2GHz Pentium G3258.   It would be nice to get Intel level performance out of Ryzen for AMD graphics if its possible. 

 

Any improvement with this one ? 

kernel.tscb1.zip

  • Like 1

 

On 8/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, Shaneee said:

 

I can't replicate the issue with colour change in PS. I know about the warp stabilizer crash and I'll look into it when I've got time.

 

@fagneroliveira Can you test this kernel with the FX. Copy to S/L/K and run sudo kextcache -u / to compile prelinkedkernel.test Remove it if it's there first. Then boot Clover with kcsuffix=test

 

 

kernel.test.zip

Shaneee I did not notice much difference. only the boot that was slower and sometimes it froze for less than 1 sec

23 hours ago, AlGrey said:

do you see any difference with this one ? 

 

kcsuffix=tsc

kernel.tsc.zip

I did not notice the difference in performance.

10 hours ago, AlGrey said:

 

Any improvement with this one ? 

kernel.tscb1.zip

Thanks for this kernel.tscb1 which got the best scores in Cinebench R15 in my FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.3.

Can you fix the power management issue which should be wake-up instead of reboot in FX-6300 hackintosh ?

No such an issue in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh with AMD Radeon 7950 GPU.

I'm not sure whether it's due to your kernel or AMD Radeon 6870 GPU.

Because no such an issue with Bronya's kernel I guess it's due to kernel more than GPU problem.

In Ryzen 1700X hackintosh it got best GPU performance and less well CPU scores in Cinebench R15.

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 9.11.39 AM.png

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 9.12.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 4.24.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 4.24.36 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
3 hours ago, fagneroliveira said:

the result of the last kernels

10133.png

test.rtf

tsc.rtf

tscb1.rtf

report the full sysctl -a output please

17 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for this kernel.tscb1 which got the best scores in Cinebench R15 in my FX-6300 hackintosh at 10.13.3.

Can you fix the power management issue which should be wake-up instead of reboot in FX-6300 hackintosh ?

No such an issue in my Ryzen 1700X hackintosh with AMD Radeon 7950 GPU.

I'm not sure whether it's due to your kernel or AMD Radeon 6870 GPU.

Because no such an issue with Bronya's kernel I guess it's due to kernel more than GPU problem.

In Ryzen 1700X hackintosh it got best GPU performance and less well CPU scores in Cinebench R15.

Will have to look into this, but I have an idea what it could be

18 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

I got about 1-1.5 % increase in performance.   

ok so pretty much none :P

  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, AlGrey said:

You are not even testing the kernels.... all the outputs are for kern.version: Darwin Kernel Version 17.4.0: Fri 24 Aug 2018 20:24:38 BST; ~ Shaneee ~ :xnu-4570.41.2/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64

 

 I tested 

 

and now my kextcache  return child process signal 10. let me see what happened 

5 hours ago, AlGrey said:

report the full sysctl -a output please

Will have to look into this, but I have an idea what it could be

ok so pretty much none :P

 

1700X-tscb1.txt

1700X-backup.txt

FX6300-tscb1.txt

FX6300-backup.txt

Thanks for your kernel.tscb1 which worked smoothly in both Ryzen 1700X & FX-6300 hackintoshs.

Solved previous wake-up --> reboot issue with GPU AMD Radeon 6870:

(1) need roll-back to previous version of WhateverGreen.kext (1.1.2) instead of update to newer version

(2) config.plist : Graphics/RadeonDeInit & Devices/Arbitrary/ (AMD sleep patch for 10.13.2 or higher need Lilu + WhateverGreen)

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...