AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Updated kernel mainly for Ryzen. Bus frequency is fixed thanks to help from AlGrey. L3 Cache detection also fixed. Next step is the core/thread issue. Source is still on 10.13.3 while waiting on Apple. There's also modifications to FX bus detection as a "test" on poor Nvidia performance.

https://github.com/Shaneee92/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/releases/download/1.0.0/Shaneee_HS_10133_.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/23/2018 at 5:03 AM, Shaneee said:

Updated kernel mainly for Ryzen. Bus frequency is fixed thanks to help from AlGrey. L3 Cache detection also fixed. Next step is the core/thread issue. Source is still on 10.13.3 while waiting on Apple. There's also modifications to FX bus detection as a "test" on poor Nvidia performance.

https://github.com/Shaneee92/AMD-High-Sierra-XNU/releases/download/1.0.0/Shaneee_HS_10133_.zip

hi,shaneee,thanks for your new kernel,no need to replace System.kext and Framworks for the new kernel?:)

16 hours ago, Ricky1994 said:

hi,shaneee,thanks for your new kernel,no need to replace System.kext and Framworks for the new kernel?:)

Previous System kext is all you'll need.

Edit: There were some issues with FX L3 cache detection. Should be fixed now in this version,

^ Still borked FX. Will fix this.

Thank you very much Shaneee for this new kernel, it is working perfectly for me :thumbsup_anim:

However, there is still a shutdown issue. When I shutdown my machine, it seems to reset, because it's rebooting instead of turn off. If you need more information for debugging, just ask.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SPO-Fan said:

Thank you very much Shaneee for this new kernel, it is working perfectly for me :thumbsup_anim:

However, there is still a shutdown issue. When I shutdown my machine, it seems to reset, because it's rebooting instead of turn off. If you need more information for debugging, just ask.

No issue here. Try checking FixShutdown in Clover.

6 hours ago, SPO-Fan said:

I‘m already using FixShutdown in Clover. I think ist is kernel related because it is fixed as soon as I switch over to bronyas old kernel, and when I switch back to your kernel the issue is back.

Have you rebuilt caches?   

19 hours ago, Gigamaxx said:

Have you rebuilt caches?   

Yep, I deleted /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache and /S/L/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel, then executed sudo kextcache -i /. Reset happens only in macOS with Shaneees kernel, machine goes off as it should in Windows, Linux, and macOS with the 10.13 bronya kernel.

30 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Yes it works in 10.13.5 but you need to roll back a lot of kexts to get it working correctly. Best to wait on Apple updating the open source site. Whenever that may be...

Is it better to stay on 13.3? What about 13.4? 

Edited by mfaustin

34 minutes ago, mfaustin said:

Is it better to stay on 13.3? What about 13.4? 

10.13.0 to 10.13.5 work fine. 10.13.4 and 10.13.5 need kexts rolled back. Better to wait on updated kernel. 10.13.6 is a no go just now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Im having a really bad lag issue running videos and any software except quicktime player. VLC, Ina, Mpv, etc all run extremely laggy? Just noticed with this latest kernel. 

Can you share the output of the following in Terminal please,

sysctl -a | grep hw.

36 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

@tikizondo94 Try this one and see if the video lag is fixed,

Copy it to S/L/K and run sudo kextcache -u /

Then you can boot Clover with kcsuffix=test    This will keep the current kernel in place in the case this doesn't boot although it does on my Ryzen 5 2400G.

kernel.test.zip

This one works  :thumbsup_anim: Ran VLC and Mpv. All work normal now. Awesomeness. Thanks Shaneee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1