Jump to content

AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing


1,119 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Shaneee said:

 

Great. Can you test this one please and if it boots fine the same sysctl output please. You can use kcsuffix=test to boot it once you've run sudo kextcache -u / to build prelinkedkernel.test

kernel.test.zip

Unfortunately it can not boot to desktop and hanged after IOConsoleUsers: ......(2 lines).

Rebooted by previous working kernel and rebuild prelinkedkernel by Kext Utility it can boot to desktop now.

Attached test.txt is what you want.

3 hours ago, AlGrey said:

Give this one a try too with kcsuffix=testb  and save the entire output from 


sysctl -a

 

kernel.testb.zip

Unfortunately it got reboot instantly by Clover r.4586 or Enoch r.2905.

 

test.txt

Edited by jsl2000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AlGrey said:

Try with this one 

kernel.testb.zip

 

 

Btw your test.txt is empty :P

Thanks for this new kernel which can boot to desktop now.

Both Shaneee's and yours can not handle power management as perfectly as Bronya's old kernel in which my FX-6300 hackintosh can restart/shutdown/wake-up from S3 sleep without any issues.

But all the others always got restart from wake-up from S3 sleep or unable to shutdown properly.

testb.txt

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Shaneee said:

Can you please share a screenshot of CPU-Z in Windows and the output of this in terminal please

 


sysctl -a | grep hw.

 

Hey Shaneee, just noticed with your latest test kernel I'm noticing video playback lag. Tested with VLC, IINA, and MPV. All are laggy. Quicktime playback works normal. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 6.42.23 AM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tikizondo94 said:

Hey Shaneee, just noticed with your latest test kernel I'm noticing video playback lag. Tested with VLC, IINA, and MPV. All are laggy. Quicktime playback works normal. 

 

Can you share a CPU-Z screenshot from Windows and the full output from sysctl -a please.

 

Also test latest kernel. Use kcsuffix to test it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

 

Can you share a CPU-Z screenshot from Windows and the full output from sysctl -a please.

 

Also test latest kernel. Use kcsuffix to test it.

Sure Shaneee. 

CPU Outputs.rar

CPUZ.PNG

DESKTOP-CUFK5QD.txt

Terminal Saved Output.txt

Edited by tikizondo94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

That's ok then. Try this kernel with the boot arg -enableleaf see if there is a change in playback. Use kcsuffix=test to boot with it once you've built the prelinkedkernel for it.

 

kernel.test.zip

Latest test seems to play video flawlessly. But i cannot boot with -enableleaf added. 

Terminal Saved Output.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally got to test the new kernel with R7 2700X, the 8 cores 16 threads works great and Geekbench score is good.   However, for some reason my Vega 64 card is scoring really low @ 28000 points.   I replaced with your old kernel and it went back up to 170,000.   Replaced the kernel again and  many relinked kernel reloads but it keeps getting low score.   Luxmark is fine and cinebencz is ok but Geekbench is not even close for some reason.  I'll download again and try over to confirm.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 10.34.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 10.14.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 7.57.29 PM.png

 

I retested and have same results.   I tried my RX 480 and I get black screen.   I put lilu and weg Kexts in and same issue.  I* tested my R7 265 (AKA R9 270X0 it has the same low score in Geekbench compute.

 

On on a side note:   I tested the iMac Pro 1.1 definition and it won’t even load the pre kernel, no +++++++++++++ at all.    

Edited by Gigamaxx
Update
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2018 at 11:50 PM, Gigamaxx said:

I finally got to test the new kernel with R7 2700X, the 8 cores 16 threads works great and Geekbench score is good.   However, for some reason my Vega 64 card is scoring really low @ 28000 points.   I replaced with your old kernel and it went back up to 170,000.   Replaced the kernel again and  many relinked kernel reloads but it keeps getting low score.   Luxmark is fine and cinebencz is ok but Geekbench is not even close for some reason.  I'll download again and try over to confirm.

 

I retested and have same results.   I tried my RX 480 and I get black screen.   I put lilu and weg Kexts in and same issue.  I* tested my R7 265 (AKA R9 270X0 it has the same low score in Geekbench compute.

 

On on a side note:   I tested the iMac Pro 1.1 definition and it won’t even load the pre kernel, no +++++++++++++ at all.    

 

give this one a try 

kernel.test.zip

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...