Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, blache said:

108 does not exist, cannot find it. I still do not have a clue what to do. My Mac Pro keeps on toggling back to the default macOS driver. I do not know anything about programming, i do photo and video mostly....

Any easy option anyone?

Its right there on page 1 of this thread, about 4 links down under the " 10.13.6 " heading. Just downloaded it myself.

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.108.pkg

Ignore me, move along, move along.

Edited by tarasis

2 minutes ago, tarasis said:

Its right there on page 1 of this thread, about 4 links down under the " 10.13.6 " heading. Just downloaded it myself.

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.108.pkg

That's NOT the Driver I was talking about...  I was specifically addressing the one BELOW that, 387.10.10.15.15.108  <<---  Seems to have been pulled.  The Link now goes to a black page stating that this Driver was "...pulled due to errors...."

I DID manage to grab 387.10.10.15.15.108 BEFORE it was pulled.

387.10.10.15.15.108 WAS the one that Flowrider/Lou kept recommending.  I DON'T know how blache can get this Driver, now...  I CAN'T "Attach" here, as the Driver is 67.5MB, and Attachments are Limited to 10MB.

Sorry blache.

8 minutes ago, TimeLord04 said:

That's NOT the Driver I was talking about...  I was specifically addressing the one BELOW that, 387.10.10.15.15.108  <<---  Seems to have been pulled.  The Link now goes to a black page stating that this Driver was "...pulled due to errors...."

I DID manage to grab 387.10.10.15.15.108 BEFORE it was pulled.

387.10.10.15.15.108 WAS the one that Flowrider/Lou kept recommending.  I DON'T know how blache can get this Driver, now...  I CAN'T "Attach" here, as the Driver is 67.5MB, and Attachments are Limited to 10MB.

Sorry blache.

Apologies.

Upload to Google Drive? Dropbox? Possibly email it to me (I believe its set to received up to 100mb files, need to verify) and I can put it on my webserver.

8 minutes ago, tarasis said:

Disculpas

Subir a Google Drive? Dropbox? Posiblemente me lo envíe por correo electrónico (creo que está configurado para recibir hasta 100 mb de archivos, es necesario verificarlo) y puedo ponerlo en mi servidor web.

here friend

https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/MFUSPWDb/file.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

First of all, this is an amazingly informative thread!  Thanks to all of you for keeping this up!

So, I just recently discovered the hard way that Mojave doesn't support CUDA (updated from El Capitan... long, painful story). 

I'm now on High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019) and the CUDA drivers seem unstable (laggy, jittery movements, windows start turning transparent when dragged, etc.).  Currently, I am on Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.122 and CUDA Driver for Mac 418.105.  I have tried to use previous Web Driver versions, but can only go back to .118 (it appears that earlier versions aren't compatible with my OS build).  

Does anyone know if there is some combination of Web Driver/CUDA for Mac driver that is more stable, or even if that should make a difference at all?  None of my CUDA enabled apps (Adobe CC, DaVinci Resolve) can use CUDA processing if the default MacOS web driver is enabled.  The latest Adobe CC apps (e.g. Premiere 13.0) require High Sierra 10.13 or later for hardware processing to be enabled, so I'm kind of stuck here with this OS.  Am I just going to have to settle with OpenCL (or Metal)?

Any thoughts on this are highly, highly appreciated!

My system:

Mac Pro mid-2012

2x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Quadro K5000 for Mac

9 minutes ago, aok314 said:

Hello,

First of all, this is an amazingly informative thread!  Thanks to all of you for keeping this up!

So, I just recently discovered the hard way that Mojave doesn't support CUDA (updated from El Capitan... long, painful story). 

I'm now on High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019) and the CUDA drivers seem unstable (laggy, jittery movements, windows start turning transparent when dragged, etc.).  Currently, I am on Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.122 and CUDA Driver for Mac 418.105.  I have tried to use previous Web Driver versions, but can only go back to .118 (it appears that earlier versions aren't compatible with my OS build).  

Does anyone know if there is some combination of Web Driver/CUDA for Mac driver that is more stable, or even if that should make a difference at all?  None of my CUDA enabled apps (Adobe CC, DaVinci Resolve) can use CUDA processing if the default MacOS web driver is enabled.  The latest Adobe CC apps (e.g. Premiere 13.0) require High Sierra 10.13 or later for hardware processing to be enabled, so I'm kind of stuck here with this OS.  Am I just going to have to settle with OpenCL (or Metal)?

Any thoughts on this are highly, highly appreciated!

My system:

Mac Pro mid-2012

2x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Quadro K5000 for Mac

I'm on the same Web Driver, (387.10.10.10.40.122), and same CUDA Driver, (418.105), on both my Mid-2010 Mac Pro 5,1 and my Hackintosh, (iMac 18,3 Profile), BUT do NOT use the same software packages.  I do utilize CUDA for Number Crunching.

I've NOT had any screen issues, nor weird graphics issues on either of my Systems.  No laggyness, jittery movements either.  I will keep my eyes out for these issues, but I've been using CUDA for Number Crunching for quite awhile.

Hopefully, others here will report in, as well, and may have more information for you.  Wish I could be of more help.

Good luck.

Edited by TimeLord04
Corrected spelling.

Thanks.  And just to be clear, these issues are evident without even opening/using those applications.  Dragging any Finder, Chrome, System Preferences, etc. window will do it.  I haven't tried any GPU intensive work like rendering inside Adobe apps yet because the GUI is too buggy with these CUDA drivers (so I'm on the default OS driver now).

Maybe this is specific to the Quadro K5000?  I know it is one of the rare Metal capable cards (among the older cards).  Maybe Nvidia just didn't bother to write for it in the newer CUDA updates?  That would be odd, but then again, this whole situation is odd as well.    

*UPDATE:  I just had a chat with Nvidia tech support.  It was suggested that I contact PNY about a possible VBIOS firmware upgrade.  That, and to reboot my computer and reseat my card, lol.  Patiently awaiting email response from PNY.  

**UPDATE 2:  I received a response from PNY saying that there is no VBIOS update for the Quadro K5000 for Mac.  Today, I was finally able to do a clean install of High Sierra 10.13.6 (massive pain to find a complete installer .pkg to put on a bootable drive, btw... thanks Apple!).  It looks like that did the trick!  Well, either that, or the new .123 webdriver that just happened to have been released since my issues began.  Probably something leftover in the upgrade from El Capitan.  Nonetheless, problem looks to be SOLVED.  

Edited by aok314
Update

5 hours ago, TimeLord04 said:

The Link now goes to a black page stating that this Driver was "...pulled due to errors...."

The driver/link has been removed by Nvidia (from their server) because many Apple users have complained about driver's instability on different configurations.

Apple has released High Sierra 2019-002 Security Update.  NO Web Driver yet.  I will keep an eye out for the new Web Driver and THEN Update both the Hackintosh and the Mac Pro.

• Like 1

^^^^You really don't need that.  Just completely remove the previous Web Driver, and allow Gatekeeper to allow the installation of Web Driver 108.  Those kind of patches can cause OS issues down the road.

Lou

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Nvidia WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.123 is now available for macOS HighSierra 10.13.6 (17G6029).

I'm only up right now due to insomnia...  (3:05 AM - Pacific...)  I'll Update MacOS to (17G6029) on both the Mac Pro and the Hackintosh later today.  Then Update the Web Driver on each System as well.

[Update:]  6:36 AM - Pacific:  The Hackintosh is Updated and now on 17G6029 with NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.123.  No issues in Updating.  Will get the Mac Pro 5,1 done later.  [EDIT:]  8:31 AM - Pacific:  Number Crunching via BOINC is running smooth...  No issues to report.

[Update 2:]  8:31 AM - Pacific:  The Mac Pro is Updated and now on 17G6029 with NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.123  No issues in Updating.

Edited by TimeLord04
Update.
  • Like 1

Since 30.106 back in April of last year, I'm getting weird artifacts in Chrome and some other apps. Seems to be a buffer issue of some kind. Text is hidden. The screen doesn't update when scrolling or loading. Text disappears when moused over. That sort of thing. Does not happen in Safari, so I've been using Safari as a workaround.

Hardware wise, I'm running dual 1080 Tis in an SLI config with my iGPU disabled in the bios.

Software wise, I'm running 10.13.6 with 387.10.10.10.40.123.

I just updated for the first time in a while and noticed it's still happening, so I thought I would report it here.