Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Thanks again. 

Looks like my OS was corrupted somehow. I got apple support to send me the link to High Sierra and reinstalled the OS and everything worked fine. Got GPU CUDA working!! 

Appreciate everyones help. 

Edited by Stixx1001

Just Updated the Hackintosh in the last 2 Hours!!!  FRAKKED OVER ENTIRELY the "Open Tabs/Session Save" of FireFox!!!  Am having to recover Open Tabs from the Mac Pro, Copy Links To an e-Mail, then will Open Tabs ONE BY ONE on the Hackintosh with the e-Mail Links!  40+ Tabs to work with!!!  FRAKKING FRUSTRATING!

Update did successfully install 17G7024 onto Hackintosh-Andromeda, (other than FF Issues), NVIDIA Driver followed to .128.  Once I finish copying Web Links from Mac Pro - Daedalus to Hackintosh-Andromeda, will Update Daedalus to 17G7024 and Driver .128.

BOINC and SETI@Home work fine on both Systems.

Hope everyone else has better luck with their Open Tabs Sync in FF than I did.

[EDIT:]

4:45 PM - PDT

FINALLY!!!  Restored ALL Open Tabs in FF on Hackintosh-Andromeda!

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

[EDIT 2:]

5:45 PM - Pacific

Mac Pro - Daedalus Updated to 17G7024 and NVIDIA Driver 387.10.10.10.40.128, and CUDA Driver 418.163.

NO ISSUES here, NOT even FireFox.

Edited by TimeLord04
Update to Post.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:15 AM, Stixx1001 said:

Thanks again. 

Looks like my OS was corrupted somehow. I got apple support to send me the link to High Sierra and reinstalled the OS and everything worked fine. Got GPU CUDA working!! 

Appreciate everyones help. 

hey man, think I've had the same issue as you. The terminal script has installed the driver for me (none of the direct downloads were working), but the CUDA panel shows it still hasnt detected a GPU. Think I need to reinstall the OS, would you have the link that Apple sent to you?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Having problems with 387.10.10.10.40.128. We have a mid 2010 Mac Pro running the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6(17G7024) and GTX 970. Every time I install or upgrade to 387.10.10.10.40.128 I get stuck in a boot loop. Boot restarts after displaying the Apple and the status bar gets to about half way. If I reinstall 387.10.10.10.40.127 the machine boots as expected, but doesn't appear to use default mac drivers even though the Nvidia driver is selected.

Any suggestions? besides reinstalling High Sierra?

1 minute ago, JasonG2214 said:

Having problems with 387.10.10.10.40.128. We have a mid 2010 Mac Pro running the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6(17G7024) and GTX 970. Every time I install or upgrade to 387.10.10.10.40.128 I get stuck in a boot loop. Boot restarts after displaying the Apple and the status bar gets to about half way. If I reinstall 387.10.10.10.40.127 the machine boots as expected, but doesn't appear to use default mac drivers even though the Nvidia driver is selected.

Any suggestions? besides reinstalling High Sierra?

IF you have a Mac ATI Card on hand, shut down the System, pull the 970 install the ATI Card and Boot the System.  Once in, Install 387.10.10.10.40.128, then Shut Down the System again.  Pull the ATI Card, and reinstall the 970.  Reboot with the 970.

This should help get the New Driver Installed and working for the 970 without having to Reinstall High Sierra from scratch.

IF you do NOT have a Mac ATI Card, I'm NOT sure what to suggest.  Hopefully someone else will chime in.  My Mid-2010 5,1 System came with a Mac ATI HD5770 1GB VRAM Card.  I no longer use it, I have a Mac GTX-970 4GB GDDR5 VRAM Card myself along with a secondary EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 6:38 PM, TimeLord04 said:

IF you have a Mac ATI Card on hand, shut down the System, pull the 970 install the ATI Card and Boot the System.  Once in, Install 387.10.10.10.40.128, then Shut Down the System again.  Pull the ATI Card, and reinstall the 970.  Reboot with the 970.

This should help get the New Driver Installed and working for the 970 without having to Reinstall High Sierra from scratch.

IF you do NOT have a Mac ATI Card, I'm NOT sure what to suggest.  Hopefully someone else will chime in.  My Mid-2010 5,1 System came with a Mac ATI HD5770 1GB VRAM Card.  I no longer use it, I have a Mac GTX-970 4GB GDDR5 VRAM Card myself along with a secondary EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card.

Could you please upload your config.plist? I can't get my hackintosh's graphics to work with HDMI on 10.13.6 (17G7024), a friend of mine got it to work but with displayport instead.

My specs: i5 3570k, GTX 1050TI 4GB, Gigabyte H61M-S2PV motherboard and a LG 2560x1080 monitor (HDMI).

18 minutes ago, Nicola Ananda said:

Hi, I have already install nvidia, but in About Mac still use Intel. how to solved this problem?

pic.png

Post config.plist

What is your graphics card??

Make a signature of hardware on your profile

Edited by chris1111

On 6/16/2019 at 3:53 PM, LireMei said:

Could you please upload your config.plist? I can't get my hackintosh's graphics to work with HDMI on 10.13.6 (17G7024), a friend of mine got it to work but with displayport instead.

My specs: i5 3570k, GTX 1050TI 4GB, Gigabyte H61M-S2PV motherboard and a LG 2560x1080 monitor (HDMI).

The Post that you've quoted from me pertains to the Real Mid-2010 Mac Pro 5,1 System; NOT a Hackintosh.  So, NO Config.plist File to attach...

As for my Hackintosh settings, unfortunately I've NOT used the InsanelyMac method to "build" the System, I used "The-Unmentionable-Place's" Method.  So, I'm NOT sure my Config.plist will help.  Sorry....  :(  Also, I don't connect a monitor, at all, to my 1050 Card; I just use it for CUDA Number Crunching.  The Primary Card on the Hackintosh is the MacVidCards' GTX-1070 and IS connected via HDMI.  The Primary Card on the Mac Pro is the Mac GTX-970 and is connected via DVI-D.

Good luck, I hope someone else will be able to get you a good Config.plist file for you.

Hi, 

Sorry to be a newb about this but where does this driver come from? Nvidia does not seem to have a later driver for Mac than 387.10.10.10.40.105 - I did find an updated CUDA driver 418.163 and update to that. And will this install normally or does it need to be done in the shell?

Thanks for the help

Nvidia Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.40.128 --> build 17G7024 (thanks to flowriderNew!

Hi folks,

Not a hackintosh question, but maybe you experts can help me. I have been using the web driver on my 2012MBP (Geforce 650M) for a long time, but not without issues... which started at 'sierra' and kept going at first it would crash (kernel panic), but with this latest updates the problem changed (for the better) - instead of crashing it starts 'glitching' (screen artifacts) then the window server (or whatever that is called on osx) dies and takes me back to login screen - works fine when I log back in (for a while). Feels like somehting is getting corrupted in the driver code and the UI restart fixes it.

Ideas on how to make it better (except reverting to the vanilla driver, that performs like arse esp. on 2D accel). One thing that might be contributing to this is that I use windows 10 VM on Fusion with accel enabled (because without accel it performs like arse too :)

2 hours ago, b0fh said:

Hi folks,

Not a hackintosh question, but maybe you experts can help me. I have been using the web driver on my 2012MBP (Geforce 650M) for a long time, but not without issues... which started at 'sierra' and kept going at first it would crash (kernel panic), but with this latest updates the problem changed (for the better) - instead of crashing it starts 'glitching' (screen artifacts) then the window server (or whatever that is called on osx) dies and takes me back to login screen - works fine when I log back in (for a while). Feels like somehting is getting corrupted in the driver code and the UI restart fixes it.

Ideas on how to make it better (except reverting to the vanilla driver, that performs like arse esp. on 2D accel). One thing that might be contributing to this is that I use windows 10 VM on Fusion with accel enabled (because without accel it performs like arse too :)

Well, as to the 650M and Web Drivers....  Yes, Web Drivers have had issues even going back to El Capitan.  However; the "glitching and artifacts" that you state are now cropping up happened to me on a used EVGA GTX-750TI SC Card in my first Hackintosh on El Capitan, 10.11.6.  Thankfully, I had a Secondary and identical card in another PCI-e Slot.  I called EVGA on this issue, and they told me that the Card was at fault - it was a "...Video Pipeline Issue...." AND TO no longer use the card to display to a monitor.  It WAS; however, just fine at Number Crunching calculations.  My solution was to reverse order the Cards in the respective PCI-e Slots, and make the Secondary Card now Primary, and the failing Card Secondary.

Thus, I suspect, (due to the age of that System you have, and the age of that particular Card/Device), that the 650M may be having internal issues.  Before stating this for fact, as you mention, you can force use the Apple Default Driver.  I would do this first and see if your artifact problems subside or continue.  IF they continue, the Card would be the likely culprit.

Since then; however, the MOBO on that Hackintosh took a dump, and I had to build the New Hackintosh listed in my Signature.

As to your Windows 10 issues, IF possible, stop using VM, purchase a 2TB Western Digital "MyPassport" USB Drive and use BootCamp to have Windows 10 installed Natively and just Dual Boot when you need Windows access.  Perhaps NOT as convenient as launching the VM in MacOS, BUT you'd get Native Speeds from Windows on the External Drive.  (Minus any bottleneck at the USB controller(s).  Or even USB 3 vs USB 2.)  At last check, the 2TB MyPassport USB Drive was going for $79 Plus Tax at my local computer source.  I'm sure you can get it off Amazon as well.

ymmv

Good luck, my friend.  :)

Also, as a recommendation...  Since you are using both Windows and MacOS, IF you take the External Drive route for Win 10, I HIGHLY recommend Paragon's NTFS for Mac application.  ($19.95 USD, one time charge.)  NTFS for Mac will allow you, from within MacOS, to Read AND Write to the Windows Drive.  I'm NOT entirely sure that this is possible in VM; however.  I use NTFS for Mac daily.  AND since going Hackintosh and using MacOS as my Primary Daily System, I have NOT rebooted into Windows since 2016.  However; as stated, I use NTFS for Mac daily.  I make new Folders on the Windows Drive from within MacOS and Save new Windows Files and Apps that I "might" choose to use should I reboot to Windows.

Like I said, though, since going MacOS I haven't needed nor had the desire to go back into Windows 7 Pro.  (AND I will NEVER have Win 10 on ANY of my personal Systems.  Unfortunately, dad has no choice.  So, I maintain his two Win 10 Pro Systems as needed.)

[EDIT 2:]

I also have Triple Boot on the Mac Pro 5,1 in my Signature.  (All drives listed in Sig.)  (MacOS High Sierra, Sierra, and BootCamp Win 7 Pro x64.)  For the BootCamp Drive situation; here too, I have NTFS for Mac on the High Sierra Drive.  Again, I'm able to Read AND Write from within MacOS to the Win 7 Pro x64 Drive.  NO VM needed...

Edited by TimeLord04
Notation on USB speeds.

11 hours ago, ashol_ said:

Can somebody confirm that gtx 1650 works in high Sierra (10.13.6) with this new driver (Nvidia Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.40.128)?  Thanks

Unfortunately, NO, because it IS a Turing, (RTX Style), Card that has been "cut down" and labelled as "GTX".  IT WILL NEVER be able to run in MacOS, UNTIL Apple and NVIDIA 'kiss-and-make-up' and release New Web Drivers WITH Turing Support.

ONLY Cards UP TO Pascal will work.  Pascals are "10x0".  (NOT 16x0, NOR 20x0.)

Edited by TimeLord04
Card Classification Clarification.
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, Melonsuti said:

It worked!!! I've followed your instructions and voilà. Running flawlessly again. Thanks a lot!!!!:thumbsup_anim:

hello, can you tell me that you how to patch it after install the web driver ?

I installed the webdriver. but it can not worked. My graphics is nv quadro p1000 4G./i9 9900k/Gigabyte Z390 UD

image.png.0bca79951df2a73fd931dc59dae465cb.png

Edited by ping

The graphics is Unknown 8MB...If I do not inject nvdriver on boatload.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seems know the script will install and auto patched it....  But my graphic show display 8MB remain....

not recongnition.

Edited by ping

• 3 weeks later...

17G8029 just released - 2019-004 Security Update.

Now we need to wait for NVIDIA Drivers, again.

7 minutes ago, TimeLord04 said:

17G8029 just released - 2019-004 Security Update.

Now we need to wait for NVIDIA Drivers, again.

or just sideload tho old driver) all good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

That doesn't work for Scientific Number Crunching under BOINC.  MUST have proper Web Driver for CUDA to function properly on my two GPUs.

1 hour ago, MICKHAEL said:

How?

EDIT: Uninstalled existing drivers from the NVIDIA Driver Manager, rebooted and reinstalled drivers with nvidia-update which automatically patches the installer and everything works again.

Edited by jesstech

New Web Driver: 387.10.10.10.40.129

Good luck everyone.  :)

Just Updated the Hackintosh, (in Signature), to 17G8029, and new Web Driver - 387.10.10.10.40.129.  No issues to report.

I will Update the Mac Pro at a later time.

Edited by TimeLord04
Update to Post.
  • Thanks 2

FYI, Apple has pulled 2019-004 High Sierra & Sierra updates. Source

I would assume that the new nvidia web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.129 will work once the fixed 2019-004 updates are out again. This is why you never install brand new updates :)

2 hours ago, an1r0n said:

FYI, Apple has pulled 2019-004 High Sierra & Sierra updates. Source

I would assume that the new nvidia web driver WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.129 will work once the fixed 2019-004 updates are out again. This is why you never install brand new updates :)

Typically, I DON'T install Updates UNTIL NVIDIA releases the new Web Driver.

I don't know why Apple decided to pull the Update, my System, (with BOINC Number Crunching for SETI@Home), and all it's Software Peripherals is working just fine.

I will wait until they AGAIN release a new Update, and further wait to see IF NVIDIA releases a New Web Driver for that - THEN Update my System, again.

Good Luck everyone.

TimeLord04

Just read the Article you Linked.  I turn Sleep OFF due to BOINC Number Crunching.  For IF my System were to Sleep, it WOULDN'T Crunch.

So, this is why I didn't notice the issue.  IF they do what they did last time, then Upon the New Update from Apple, NVIDIA will come out with a Newer Web Driver.

ymmv

TimeLord04

Edited by TimeLord04
Update to Post.