Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Replacing the current build in the info.plist does not seem to work any more. I was pulling my hair out all night after the security update to 17G8030. But I found this and solved my problems:

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

Miraculously, I now am updated to 387.10.10.10.40.130 !

Thank you, 

Hope it helps ya!

I will Update my Hackintosh, again, later with the 17G8030 Update and the 387.10.10.10.40.130 NVIDIA Web Driver.  I will Edit this Post when done.  (May take a day as I'm using the computer most of today.)

I will Update the Mac Pro some time after getting the Hackintosh Updated.

Good luck everyone.  :)

[EDIT:]

7-31-2019 at 9:08 AM - PDT

FINALLY got time to Update the Hackintosh.  All went well, no problems, no issues.  Now on 17G8030 with NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.130.

Will try to get the Mac Pro Updated later.

Good Luck everyone.

Edited by TimeLord04
Update to Post.
  • Like 1

Folks, I'm trying to run 387.10.10.10.40.130 on High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030). 

The web driver tool installed fine, but when I enable the driver it switches back to the "default macOS graphics driver". I don't even know where the error logs are. I'd appreciate some help here.

Installed using Olarila. Running Haswell-E cpu on Asus x99 board. Installation was smooth. Did not make any extra DSDT patches.

Guest ricoc90
1 hour ago, rubenhak said:

Folks, I'm trying to run 387.10.10.10.40.130 on High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030). 

The web driver tool installed fine, but when I enable the driver it switches back to the "default macOS graphics driver". I don't even know where the error logs are. I'd appreciate some help here.

Installed using Olarila. Running Haswell-E cpu on Asus x99 board. Installation was smooth. Did not make any extra DSDT patches.

nvda_drv=1 is set?

On 8/12/2019 at 4:55 AM, ricoc90 said:

nvda_drv=1 is set?

I didnt have nvda_drv=1 set, and after some research looks like the boot flag was replaced by NvidiaWeb SytemParameter. 

So i followed this:  Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86

After boot - black screen

Tried this: Why InsanelyMac does not support tonymacx86

managed to recover by removing the nvidia web drivers.

Did reinstall and seeing same black screen. 

Please help :)

Edited by Cyberdevs
Links were removed.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have audio. I'm using dual 1080ti in SLI config. I'm using an active displayport -> hdmi adapter ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDT0072 ) as my monitor/TV only has HDMI inputs. In windows, I have audio, but when I boot into mac I don't have audio. System Report always says my display is connected via 'DVI or HDMI', even though it's technically a displayport.

Any ideas?

Edited by createthis

On 8/16/2019 at 5:26 PM, ianporce said:

Anybody got the fix for 17G8030? I am freaking out :(

I am running on:

MacBook Pro Mid 2010 17" i5 GeForce GT 330M 512MB

Cuda driver: 418.163

GPU Driver: 387.10.10.10.40.130 ((GPU not Supported) error message)

9-3-2019 at 3:45 PM - PDT

@ianporce,

OK - I'm taking a stab at this...  idk...  This is a guess.

This Card, GT 330M with 512MB RAM on it IS FERMI/PRE-FERMI...  I actually picked up a Post on the WOW, (World of Warcraft), Forum by TiaPriestess where she answers a question about Classic WOW and this same Card.  There she identifies the Model of the Card as "Tesla" AND Predates Metal Support.

Since this Card is THAT OLD, the NVIDIA Web Driver, (in my mind), SHOULD NOT be needed, INSTEAD use the onboard Apple Default Driver.  I DON'T BELIEVE the NVIDIA Web Drivers have ANY support for Tesla Cards; HENCE the "GPU NOT SUPPORTED" Message.

Again, this is my best guess...  I was HOPING that someone with MORE knowledge than I could speak to this.  I'm STILL HOPING that someone with more knowledge than I WILL STILL come and chime in here.

Try Uninstalling the Web Driver AND the CUDA Driver THEN Reboot and try with JUST the Apple Default Video Driver.  See if your System THEN recognizes the Card.  My other concern here is the "M" which means "Mobile", (typically), which means the Card CANNOT be readily replaced with something newer because the System is a Laptop.  So, I'm NOT even sure what other Options you have here.

Good luck.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]  My knowledge of NVIDIA Cards comes in much later down the Line...  My first GPUs of use were EVGA GTX-750TI SC 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Cards and were of Maxwell design.  I'm now on Pascal with my Hackintosh on the MacVidCards' GTX-1070 8GB GDDR5 VRAM and a Secondary EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card.

My Mac Pro 5,1 System is on Maxwell Mac-Flashed GTX-970 4GB GDDR5 VRAM and a Secondary Pascal EVGA GTX-1050 2GB GDDR5 VRAM Card.  ALL of my Cards REQUIRE the NVIDIA Web Driver to function properly in MacOS, AND for my Number Crunching program, (BOINC), I also REQUIRE the CUDA Driver.

Edited by TimeLord04

On 9/2/2019 at 11:44 AM, createthis said:

I don't have audio. I'm using dual 1080ti in SLI config. I'm using an active displayport -> hdmi adapter ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDT0072 ) as my monitor/TV only has HDMI inputs. In windows, I have audio, but when I boot into mac I don't have audio. System Report always says my display is connected via 'DVI or HDMI', even though it's technically a displayport.

Any ideas?

i have appleALC.kext , lilu , and what evergreen on hard drive -library / extensions

and VoodooHDA.kext in my efi , kext folder

i have my audio via displayport but my audio output says hdmi four times

im assuming one for each port 

check each one until you hear a sound hope this helps  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zUh4rZ-8gmSrOBDKzCd8faJeez7iiZ9R/view?usp=sharing

do not use different versions of lilu and whatevergreen from your efi and your hard drive try the VoodooHDA.kext

first then lib/ ext

IMG_2949 2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, cosmoLV said:

After OS X security update 10.13.6 (17G8037) No new web drivers :( struggling after each restart that i need to update, but nothing happens. 

Can you roll back to 17G8030?  NVIDIA Web Drivers are ALWAYS delayed up to 48 Hours from new Security Update Release.  With the weekend upon us, we may be delayed on new Drivers until Monday.

9-27-2019 at 4:05 PM - PDT

Got Hackintosh, (in Signature), Updated to 17G8037 with new NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.131.  No issues to report, BOINC/SETI@Home Number Crunching states in Event Log that Drivers are Updated and working.  Number Crunching for SETI@Home will pick up and Crunch tonight at 6PM - PDT.  [EDIT:]  9:20 PM  Crunching OK on Hackintosh.

I will Update the Mac Pro 5,1 at a later date.

9-27-2019 at 9:20 PM - PDT

Mid-2010 Mac Pro 5,1 Updated to 17G8037 and NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.131.  No issues to report, BOINC/SETI@Home Number Crunching states in Event Log that Drivers are Updated and working.  Turned SETI@Home on to Crunch.  No Errors to report.

Edited by TimeLord04
Update to Post.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there

I realize this forum is a bit out of my league when it comes to my level of tech knowledge, however I'm looking to get a bit of advice for a problem I've been working on for a while.

I'm looking to update my NVIDIA GeForce driver manually as my computer seems to be too old to update any further than MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 - which I currently have installed and running well.

I'm currently using a Macbook Pro (13 inch, mid 2010) with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB graphics card.

Is there any way to update the driver safely? Even if its not to the newest version, It would be super helpful in terms of performance for programs and games I'm attempting to run.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

On 10/26/2019 at 10:25 PM, chaneliooo said:

Hi there

I realize this forum is a bit out of my league when it comes to my level of tech knowledge, however I'm looking to get a bit of advice for a problem I've been working on for a while.

I'm looking to update my NVIDIA GeForce driver manually as my computer seems to be too old to update any further than MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 - which I currently have installed and running well.

I'm currently using a Macbook Pro (13 inch, mid 2010) with NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB graphics card.

Is there any way to update the driver safely? Even if its not to the newest version, It would be super helpful in terms of performance for programs and games I'm attempting to run.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

10-29-2019 at 2:45 PM - PDT

What Version of 10.12.6???  (16G??????)

The NVIDIA Web Driver is released for EACH OS Version Release.

Once you know which 10.12.6 you are on, you can go here:  MacVidCards' NVIDIA Web Driver List and Links.

At MacVidCards' Site, locate the SPECIFIC 10.12.6 NVIDIA Driver for your System, DL it, Install it, Reboot, and you should be good to go.

IF you also need CUDA Driver, (Scientific Number Crunching, or other SPECIFIC CUDA Apps), let me know, and I'll try to dig up the MacVidCards' CUDA Driver List.

TimeLord04

10-29-2019 at 2:47 PM - PDT

High Sierra 10.13.6 Security Update 006 has been released as of today.  Another waiting game for NVIDIA Drivers to catch up.

Good Luck everyone.  :)

TimeLord04

Edited by TimeLord04
System Server merged my two Posts into one. Clarified New Post from Old Post.

Hello dear InsanelyMac Forum Memebers,

so I recently upgraded from a 2011 MBP with GPU failure to a 2014 MBP with the nVidia GT 750M,

after I re-booted my old Backup on the new MBP still running 10.13.6 I started to figure out the whole nVidia Driver thing.

I made the CUDA work with a lots of googleing and patience.

I upgraded to the new Security Update last night and now everything is screwed up again.

Now my question is: How long does it usually take for the Web-Driver thingy to be updated by nVidia after security update?

or is it worth loading the old backup again and totally re-adjust my mac again,

it's gonna take me a day but better than waiting 2 moths for an update?

maybe someone here can help me, I'd very much appreciate it. thanks. :)

Hello dear InsanelyMac Forum Memebers,

so I recently upgraded from a 2011 MBP with GPU failure to a 2014 MBP with the nVidia GT 750M,

after I re-booted my old Backup on the new MBP still running 10.13.6 I started to figure out the whole nVidia Driver thing.

I made the CUDA work with a lots of googleing and patience.

I upgraded to the new Security Update last night and now everything is screwed up again.

Now my question is: How long does it usually take for the Web-Driver thingy to be updated by nVidia after security update?

or is it worth loading the old backup again and totally re-adjust my mac again,
it's gonna take me a day but better than waiting 2 moths for an update?

maybe someone here can help me, I'd very much appreciate it. thanks.
Hello. Remotely I could help to fix CUDA and Nvidia drivers

Trimis de pe al meu Pixel folosind Tapatalk