[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I can deal with manually ticking a box for a DP1. Everything else on my laptop is working even my wifi without any new patches, just need to change the country code. IntelGraphicsFixUp fixed the "stretched" apple logo on bootup. Trackpad works, touchpad, brightness and volume keys.

Yes. Actually i dont need wifi patch(to use. Except airport extreme). Basic function is nop.

Remains battery indication, hotspot-handoff(patch is same but show that cant use(no)).

I didnt expect many fixe in dp1. Just confirm work or not. Just for me

Thanks

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Yes. Actually i dont need wifi patch(to use. Except airport extreme). Basic function is nop.

Remains battery indication, hotspot-handoff(patch is same but show that cant use(no)).

I didnt expect many fixe in dp1. Just confirm work or not. Just for me

Thanks

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

For WiFi all i use is FakeID

<string>0x43a014E4</string>
And this patch

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
</plist>
  • Like 1

FWIW, I think I figured out the cause of the AppleACPIPlatform panics with a friend (s/o shawnanastasio). The panic occurs in _isprint, which is supposed to determine if a character is printable or not. It looks up the char value (uses it as an index) in a lookup table. In AcpiTbPrintTableHeader (which calls _isprint), the chars in the AcpiTblHdr->Signature, AcpiTblHdr->OemId, AcpiTblHdr->OemTableId, and AcpiTblHdr->AslCompilerId are checked for unprintable chars (using _isprint) [those invalid chars are replaced with a question mark]. However... it looks like Apple forgot to cast the char as unsigned, causing char values over 0x7F to become a negative integer (acpica casts it to an unsigned char, preventing the index from becoming negative). So if the Signature, OemId, OemTableId, or AslCompilerId in the ACPI table header have chars that are greater than 0x7F, they'll cause _isprint to use a negative index (causing the panic). The MATS ACPI table has a 0x98 as a char val in the AslCompilerId, causing the panic when it's not dropped. I have some more info here.

Great discovery! Please announce me if you'll have a solution in the meantime. Thanks.

For WiFi all i use is FakeID

<string>0x43a014E4</string>
And this patch

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
</plist>

this works for me only if I use the pcie kernel panic patches by neodarkman, other wise its a kennel panic.

Do you have those or  simply this patch fixes it for you?

I can deal with manually ticking a box for a DP1. Everything else on my laptop is working even my wifi without any new patches, just need to change the country code. IntelGraphicsFixUp fixed the "stretched" apple logo on bootup. Trackpad works, touchpad, brightness and volume keys.

how does your trackpad work ,any fixes?

Hello,

About USB max limit port patch, use this one instead under 10.13: (Target kext: AppleUSBXHCIPCI)

83 7D 84 10 -> 83 7D 84 xx

Note: xx means your new max limit port, which is typically 0x16 for 9-series and 0x1B for 100-series.

Hi PMHeart,

I can confirm that the patch works on 100 series, but it only works with the installed version of macOS Sierra. The patch won't work on my bootable USB 3.0 flash drive.

macOS High Sierra installer only loads from USB 2.0 ports.

this works for me only if I use the pcie kernel panic patches by neodarkman, other wise its a kennel panic.

Do you have those or simply this patch fixes it for you?

how does your trackpad work ,any fixes?

I have no other patches and no kernel panics.

I didn't need to do anything for my trackpad and it works great. I'm using appleps2smarttouchpad I think it's called.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is there any hope for Sky Lake laptops? Not a single method works for me. Previously I got a kernel panic (similar to this one), but with Clover 8084, it results in instant reboot.

I have installed IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, Lilu, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, FakeSMC and booted with -lilubeta -igfxbeta -igdvmtbeta, it didn't work.

(I will upload my Clover folder later, I'm currently on windows).

Is there any hope for Sky Lake laptops? Not a single method works for me. Previously I got a kernel panic (similar to this one), but with Clover 8084, it results in instant reboot.

I have installed IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, Lilu, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, FakeSMC and booted with -lilubeta -igfxbeta -igdvmtbeta, it didn't work.

Here's the Clover folder

Ok, I'm on Kaby Lake, Dell XPS 15  9560. I finally was able to boot into HS! Yay, My trackpad works, but I can not get my USB ports working. What can I do to get these ports working? I thought USBinjectall.kext would help, but nope.  My usb mouse doesn't detect, bluetooth isn't detected, etc --anything that runs through usb. This is a notebook so I expect this type of setback, but is there a kext or something that I can get to get this problem alleviated?

Ok, I'm on Kaby Lake, Dell XPS 15 9560. I finally was able to boot into HS! Yay, My trackpad works, but I can not get my USB ports working. What can I do to get these ports working? I thought USBinjectall.kext would help, but nope. My usb mouse doesn't detect, bluetooth isn't detected, etc --anything that runs through usb. This is a notebook so I expect this type of setback, but is there a kext or something that I can get to get this problem alleviated?

I'm not sure if one exists for 10.13 yet but maybe try a port limit increase patch as well as USBInjectAll.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello @Muntashir; how about this one? Here.

• Like 1

Hi,

I've Skylake 6600K - HD530,

I used the new clover 4084 but it doesn't work with Sierra upgrade to High Sierra (not clean install).

Can someone upload his own clover which can update Sierra to High Sierra without problem (Skylake + HD 530)

This is my config.plist which works with Sierra without problem and igfx works with acceleration and without glitches.

The 4084 boots up to the middle of loading bar and it restarts.

config.plist1.zip

Hi,

I've Skylake 6600K - HD530,

I used the new clover 4084 but it doesn't work with Sierra upgrade to High Sierra (not clean install).

Can someone upload his own clover which can update Sierra to High Sierra without problem (Skylake + HD 530)

This is my config.plist which works with Sierra without problem and igfx works with acceleration and without glitches.

The 4084 boots up to the middle of loading bar and it restarts.

try this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyfwjrft7spxirl/GA-Z170X-Gaming%205%20High%20Sierra.zip?dl=0

Just beware that I wasn't able to get my HD 530 to work yet because I use 1070 and I have to remove it to see if I can get HD530 to work. I simply didn't want to go to the process.

You might need to add Inject Intel=True and put in the ig-platformid

• Like 1

try this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyfwjrft7spxirl/GA-Z170X-Gaming%205%20High%20Sierra.zip?dl=0

Just beware that I wasn't able to get my HD 530 to work yet because I use 1070 and I have to remove it to see if I can get HD530 to work. I simply didn't want to go to the process.

You might need to add Inject Intel=True and put in the ig-platformid

Thank you so much buddy, but I got this error "gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" and it immediately restarts.

I took a shot and upload it.

post-1665664-0-00261000-1497186415_thumb.jpg

do you have lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext?

if not add them to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and add the following boot flags to your config.plist under boot section:

-lilubeta, -igfxbeta, -alcbeta,

-alcbeta is for sound, if you need it just in case ;)

Thank you, but it doesn't change.

Well to be honest I didn't have any luck booting into macOS High Sierra by using IGFX yet. I got the same errors so I assumed they might be because of my 1070 GPU.

What is your mobo?

• Like 1

Well to be honest I didn't have any luck booting into macOS High Sierra by using IGFX yet. I got the same errors so I assumed they might be because of my 1070 GPU.

What is your mobo?

I tested with both igfx and dedicated graphics (gt210).

on both it doesn't work.

my mobo is Gigabyte z170-D3H

What is your mobo?

My IGFX HD530 works like a charm in 10.13 with Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup. 

• Like 2