[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I don't know exactly, but I've waited. Were you trying to upgrade from the Sierra or doing a clean install? Here, I tried to upgrade first and it took twice as long.

I don't know exactly, but I've waited. Were you trying to upgrade from the Sierra or doing a clean install? Here, I tried to upgrade first and it took twice as long.

Launched install macos 10.13 from Sierra and installed to another empty partition and after restart booted from that partition.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Okay. I think if you try to boot this way, without checking for ATI injection and waiting a little longer on that gray screen, it will go up the installer and start normally. I'm saying this because that's how it happened here, for me.

Okay. I think if you try to boot this way, without checking for ATI injection and waiting a little longer on that gray screen, it will go up the installer and start normally. I'm saying this because that's how it happened here, for me.

It's booted unchecked right now and I'm waiting over 30 mins, let it on that gray screen another 30 mins?

Maybe take much to load because I have 3 hdd and 1 ssd?

Ssd and 1 hdd is fusion drive.

Between few minutes hdd led is on for few seconds.

Apparently the AMD5000Controller.kext has suffered some uncontrolled since the edition for the Sierra.  :P

I am not aware of anything about this. I've never used Fusion. But is a possibility.

Wow, started installing now after about 45 mins but don't have cursor and not appear option to convert to apfs, it's that normal? Hdd led is off and installing bar not increasing, minutes says 22 and don't decrease.

Restarted at 21 minutes remaining :(

during the installation your compute will restart 2 times, first stage is for copying the installation files to your destination drive, second time is to check/update the firmware and the 3rd stage is for installing macOS Sierra.

• Like 1

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with support of Kaby Lake Graphics. 

• Fixes PAVP freezes on Intel Azul (HD4400, HD4600), Skylake Graphics (HD530) and Kaby Lake Graphics (HD630)
  • Fixes boot logo on all known Intel Graphics starting with HD4000
  • Fixes display initialization issues for Skylake an Kaby Lake

Will be in trunk later. Author is on vacation :)

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.zip

In macOS High Sierra 10.13 use bootarg -igfxbeta. 

In macOS Sierra 10.12.5 build 16F2073 works without bootarg

Notice:

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 build 16F2073 already have NATIVE Kaby Lake support

• Like 3

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with support of Kaby Lake Graphics. 

• Fixes PAVP freezes on Intel Azul (HD4400, HD4600), Skylake Graphics (HD530) and Kaby Lake Graphics (HD630)
  • Fixes boot logo on all known Intel Graphics starting with HD4000
  • Fixes display initialization issues for Skylake an Kabylake

Will be in trunk later. Author is on vacation :)

attachicon.gifIntelGraphicsFixup.kext.zip

Great Job!

Thanks

• Like 1

during the installation your compute will restart 2 times, first stage is for copying the installation files to your destination drive, second time is to check/update the firmware and the 3rd stage is for installing macOS Sierra.

Now continue to boot from same entry in clover and wait another hour?

I installed it as chris 1111 taught, booted through .app, went to the usb installer, formatted the target disk, and after the first reboot, proceeded to the installer on the target HDD itself.

Now continue to boot from same entry in clover and wait another hour?

To be honest the syndromes you described are not normal at all!

The whole process shouldn't take more than 30 minutes form start to finish.

Are you using AFPS or HFS? I understand you said you were using a fusion drive right?

To be honest the syndromes you described are not normal at all!

The whole process shouldn't take more than 30 minutes form start to finish.

Are you using AFPS or HFS? I understand you said you were using a fusion drive right?

Yes fusion drive but not trying to install on it, I'm trying to install to an simple hdd with preformatted hfs+ from Sierra.

After the first reboot you need to chose the target HDD to proceed with the install.

Exactly,

The first stage is to boot from USB and making the preparations after the first reboot you need to boot from clover to choose the drive you are trying to install Mac OS to and after that and so on.

The guide chris1111 posted was before clover 4084 I guess, with clover 4084 and the right config.plist you can install macOS 10.13 like any other versions of macOS. Except the occasional errors using disk utility to create/format AFPS partitions.

Yes fusion drive but not trying to install on it, I'm trying to install to an simple hdd with preformatted hfs+ from Sierra.

Ok,

do you have access to your older/working macOS Sierra?

Exactly,

The first stage is to boot from USB and making the preparations after the first reboot you need to boot from clover to choose the drive you are trying to install Mac OS to and after that and so on.

The guide chris1111 posted was before clover 4084 I guess, with clover 4084 and the right config.plist you can install macOS 10.13 like any other versions of macOS. Except the occasional errors using disk utility to create/format AFPS partitions.

Ok,

do you have access to your older/working macOS Sierra?

Yes, didn't touched it.