[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Good,

But before I continue, tell me how did you made the USB disk, and you are using Clover 4084 right?

Right now I'm not using usb, launched .app from Sierra and selected new formatted partition on hdd that I told you.

Yes, I'm using clover 4084.

Tried with USB but same result after first reboot.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ok, here's what I propose you to do:

1. Boot back into macOS Sierra

2. Mount the EFI patriots on the USB drive you are using to boot the computer and copy the EFI folder in some place safe

3. Open disk utility and erase the USB disk and the Hard Disk you want to install macOS on, let the USB disk be named "Untitled"

4. Open terminal and paste the following command: (I assume Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app is already in the Applications folder)

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app —nointeraction

5. Once the USB disk is created install clover on the EFI partition, make sure you install all the required parts for your computer or just mount the EFI partition and copy/paste the EFI folder you were using before.

6. Make sure you use the latest Bios Version and the correct BIOS Release Date in the SMBIOS section to avoid the Firmware Verification error during the second stage of the installation.

7. Boot from USB and choose the macOS installer

I've installed it on mine a couple of times now with no issues. I also applied your X79 PM patches. Clover 4084 and a usb installer made via createinstallmedia.

I disabled my ASM1042 ports in BIOS and use a FL1100 card instead for USB3. Maybe that helped? Any idea why boot is sticking for you?

Thanks, I finally installed MacOS 10.13. My problem was that the hard drive I was using was damaged. :blush:

Is there a clear way to bypass the OSInstall.mpkg error yet? Both my machines stop at this error when booting from USB. Booting from .app is fine. Clover 4084, apfs.efi in driversuefi, bios version and date updated, createinstallmedia usb creation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got this error

87c060f552c18ec515e57a4213f60ef0.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

IMHO Make sure the destination hard disk is OK. you might have damaged HDD

Is there a clear way to bypass the OSInstall.mpkg error yet? Both my machines stop at this error when booting from USB. Booting from .app is fine. Clover 4084, apfs.efi in driversuefi, bios version and date updated, createinstallmedia usb creation.

Hi Savage,

see this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2441157

I've beed using this method and it works overtime without any errors. I even installed macOS High Sierra on USB disks several times just to make sure.

IMHO Make sure the destination hard disk is OK. you might have damaged HDD

I'm very sure it's not damaged, I'm not sure if the driver for sata is ok because if I make usb and select disk utility stay with loading disks a veeery looong time.

Had anyone else experienced the bug that, when your computer goes into video sleep, after it wakes up, the mouse is no longer visible?  I am having multiple problems with sleep.  Lid sleep doesn't work.  Selecting sleep from the Apple menu does work but, after waking up, there is no video.  I thought I'd try the old-school sleep trick and that's when I found out that you lose your cursor after waking from video sleep.  DP2 can't come fast enough for me.

Had anyone else experienced the bug that, when your computer goes into video sleep, after it wakes up, the mouse is no longer visible? I am having multiple problems with sleep. Lid sleep doesn't work. Selecting sleep from the Apple menu does work but, after waking up, there is no video. I thought I'd try the old-school sleep trick and that's when I found out that you lose your cursor after waking from video sleep. DP2 can't come fast enough for me.

I have a similar issue like you.

One of my issues is battery indication on statusbar.

I checked battery indication in setting. But after reboot, battery indication is disappered

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I've installed High Sierra from within Sierra, with Clover 4061 with an unchanged config, Here you can see what i did.

What make me confuse is, RevoBoot did some commits & managed to boot 10.13  without mentioning "FirmwareFeatures(Mask)" nor APFS at all.. Is Enoch did the same things?

Not sure, but I would think, that RevoBoot already provided the information, so didn't need to change that (see https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/blob/clang/i386/libsaio/smbios/getters.h#L348)

For all those, who suffers from "Failed PCIe Configuration" Error on BCM94352 (in High Sierra it ends with kernel panic), a part from Clover-config with patches. 3 Patches per kext.

Thank you.

I wonder did you get handoff-hotspot in 10.13?

I have something wrong with BTFirmwareUploader.kext. All Bluetooth kexts are loaded, but still no bluetooth hardware.

Yes. BTFU is gone in 10.13. I reported this issue to him. His eapdfix too.

Before fix BTFU, try rehabman's bluetooth driver.

Now i got BT, but hotspot-handoff are not working.

I checked patch. Still same like 10.12

@sherlocks,

where is AirPortBrcmNIC located, I only have AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG in S/L/E

I have the kernel panic as said by Neo.aka.Darkman above, 

so how do I use his plist.

Is that the complete patch or we se this in addition to your earlier patch described in post 297 in here.

Please advise.

@sherlocks,

where is AirPortBrcmNIC located, I only have AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG in S/L/E

I have the kernel panic as said by Neo.aka.Darkman above, 

so how do I use his plist.

Is that the complete patch or we se this in addition to your earlier patch described in post 297 in here.

Please advise.

My patch is an addition to existing patches. So you copy these 6 patches into your Clover-config to other Wi-Fi patches.

• Like 1

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext with support of Kaby Lake Graphics. 

• Fixes PAVP freezes on Intel Azul (HD4400, HD4600), Skylake Graphics (HD530) and Kaby Lake Graphics (HD630)
  • Fixes boot logo on all known Intel Graphics starting with HD4000
  • Fixes display initialization issues for Skylake an Kaby Lake

Will be in trunk later. Author is on vacation :)

attachicon.gifIntelGraphicsFixup.kext.zip

In macOS High Sierra 10.13 use bootarg -igfxbeta. 

In macOS Sierra 10.12.5 build 16F2073 works without bootarg

Notice:

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 build 16F2073 already have NATIVE Kaby Lake support

Where can I get a copy of 10.12.5 build 16F2073

My patch is an addition to existing patches. So you copy these 6 patches into your Clover-config to other Wi-Fi patches.

just to be sure your patches plus  those for 10.12 or your patch plus the newer patches for high Sierra.

just to be sure your patches plus  those for 10.12 or your patch plus the newer patches for high Sierra.

old patches for sierra are no longer useful in high sierra. There are now 2 new kexts for BCM94352. You need all High Sierra patches + my patches.

• Like 1

old patches for sierra are no longer useful in high sierra. There are now 2 new kexts for BCM94352. You need all High Sierra patches + my patches.

which would you suggest there are a couple suggested like so!!!!

BCM94352-Airport-Extreme, credit Sherlocks based on skvo original.  by sherlocks

com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC

6B100000750D

6B1000009090

com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC-MFG

6B100000750D

6B1000009090

BCM94352-fvco, credit Sherlocks based on the-darkvoid original

com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC

81F952AA000074BF

81F952AA00006690

com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC-MFG

81FF52AA000074C4

81FF52AA00006690

New patch for Wifi bcm4352 id 0x43b1 -> id to be use in DSDT 0x43a0.

id 43a0 move from AirPortBrcm4360  to AirPortBrcmNIC

fcvo patch replace 81f952aa 000074bf with 81f952aa 0000ebbf

pci patch replace 4139c544 8b75d075 with 4139c5e9 92000000

by Fred

what should one opt.

also I have the AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext ,which is the second, theres nothing in ionetworkingfamily.kext.