[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Hi there, these texts are apfs logs and you can avoid seeing them by installing CsmVideoDxe

Is that the only "solution" to this? As since I did not install Clover in the ESP it seems the CsmVideoDxe trick isn't working.

Works only for UEFI, not ESP Legacy install

I know, that's why I ask  :D It's not a big deal though. When High Sierra is released I'll wipe my SSD and install Clover in UEFI  :)

Did you try UEFI in Optiplex 790 ?

Yes and it refused to boot Clover (that is: Installed Clover in UEFI mode, rebooted into Bios -> Boot mode -> UEFI)  :hysterical: I had to restore my EFI partition with an empty image in order to be able to reinstall Clover in legacy and make it work again

Is that the only "solution" to this? As since I did not install Clover in the ESP it seems the CsmVideoDxe trick isn't working.

Is there any workaround without using CsmVideoDxe? I don't use that driver as I have CSM disabled in BIOS (otherwise I do not get native 4K resolution with my Nvidia card in Clover).

As far as I know there are two options to avoid the APFS log from showing before the clover bootloader starts:

1. Option one is to use a modified version of APFS.efi which has the logs disabled, although it will show few lines upon load

2. Using the CsmVideoDxe.efi to prevent the logs from showing (Thanks @chris1111 for finding this solution)

CSM is also disabled in my BIOS/UEFI settings. I see only few lines which the disappear in a sec.

• Like 2

Yes and it refused to boot Clover  :hysterical: I had to restore my EFI partition with an empty image in order to be able to reinstall Clover in legacy and make it work again

Yes and it refused to boot Clover  :hysterical: I had to restore my EFI partition with an empty image in order to be able to reinstall Clover in legacy and make it work again

My UEFI tests on the Dell Optiplex were good in creating a simple part Fat 32 and moving Clover manually
First I made tests on a USB key in FAT 32 at the start and I activate UEFI in the Bios

F12 and I boot on in UEFI to the USB and I  select any OS  :)
Its work but not better then Legacy  :rolleyes:
I do not find very stable after the bios is Freeze (Scaring)  :hysterical:  :P
I handed in Legacy

I'll try to install Clover in UEFI again later.  :)

Anyone knows how to fix this, by the way? I can't turn Bluetooth off within High Sierra:

14:29:49.156472 +0200	kernel	**** [IOBluetoothHostController][RequestPowerStateChangeFromUserSpace] -- ON -> OFF (thread: 0xf160)
14:29:49.156487 +0200	kernel	**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][RequestTransportPowerStateChange] -- entering -- ON -> OFF -- this = 0x3000 ****
14:29:49.156491 +0200	kernel	**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][RequestTransportPowerStateChange] -- exiting -- Power state change in progress -- cannot perform RequestTransportPowerStateChange() -- ON -> OFF -- this = 0x3000 ****
14:29:49.156495 +0200	kernel	**** [IOBluetoothHostController][RequestPowerStateChangeFromUserSpace] -- ON -> OFF (thread: 0xf160) -- returning 0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)

Though, when I reboot bluetooth actually is turned off. 

Well done!

Could I please ask you to post your config.plist and DSDT.aml? I would like to take a peek at how your Intel HD IGPU configuration looks like.

Cheers :)

Here is my DSDT and config.plist but you can't find anything about IGPU 'cause I am not using any settings for IGPU in Graphics section on config.plist. I am just using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext for IGPU

As far as I know there are two options to avoid the APFS log from showing before the clover bootloader starts:

1. Option one is to use a modified version of APFS.efi which has the logs disabled, although it will show few lines upon load

2. Using the CsmVideoDxe.efi to prevent the logs from showing (Thanks @chris1111 for finding this solution)

CSM is also disabled in my BIOS/UEFI settings. I see only few lines which the disappear in a sec.

I am using second method and no logs anymore even CSM enabled/disabled doesn't matter.

But my boot time now very slow. I don't know is this effect the boot time. My boot time now almost 1 min with NVME. 

• Like 1

Here is my DSDT and config.plist but you can't find anything about IGPU 'cause I am not using any settings for IGPU in Graphics section on config.plist. I am just using IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext for IGPU

I am using second method and no logs anymore even CSM enabled/disabled doesn't matter.

But my boot time now very slow. I don't know is this effect the boot time. My boot time now almost 1 min with NVME. 

I don't think your boot time should be affected with the csmvideodxe. you can boot with verbose mode to see why it's taking that long.

I don't think your boot time should be affected with the csmvideodxe. you can boot with verbose mode to see why it's taking that long.

This is the verbose most hanging out; I don't understand whats going on :)

post-803029-0-99563400-1505835989_thumb.jpg

But now I have a wifi problem after restart or new start my BCM94360CD combo card does not connect to the wifi. I can just make a connection after reset the modem. But every restart I must the reset to modem to connection with my wifi. I deleted all network settings restart and create a new connection but it doesnt work. What can I do?

This is the verbose most hanging out; I dont know understand whats going on :)

But now I have a wifi problem after restart or new start my BCM94360CD combo card does not connect to the wifi. I can just make a connection after reset the modem. But every restart I must the reset to modem to connection with my wifi. I deleted all network settings restart and create a new connection but it doesnt work. What can I do?

In which stage on the boot you get the delay? right after the HID: Legacy Shim 2?

and about your wifi I'm not sure what could be the cause of the problem you have. you can send me your efi folder and I will take a look to see if I can find what's wrong.

Does anyone else have any issue with the recovery partition disappearing in High Sierra? First boot after fresh install it shows up in boot.log and i can set a custom entry for it but even with the custom entry it does not show up on repeat reboots. Extremely puzzling. I'll do a reinstall and post logs.

I made clean install GM and no recovery partition? I check diskutil list it show "not mounted". Maybe apple hide it on GM?

did you try a fresh install?

In which stage on the boot you get the delay? right after the HID: Legacy Shim 2?

and about your wifi I'm not sure what could be the cause of the problem you have. you can send me your efi folder and I will take a look to see if I can find what's wrong.

Verbose is coming HID: Legacy Shim 2 and stopped there. Thats mean after the HID: Legacy Shim 2 right?

I also see logs when I try shutdown and restart is that normal?

I think I fixed my wifi for right now. Here is what I do; I deleted all connections and settings from my devices. And go to main Computer which it is connection with Ethernet. I open the modem settings from browser and reset all settings changed SSID and Password then connect all devices with this new SSID and Password. 

Looks everything works now except Slow Boot and logs :)

I attached my EFI;

EFI.zip

• Like 1

On my system, I've CsmvideoDxe installed and CSM disabled for UEFI BIOS video card: it works.

Good to know, thanks.

I have the same question, and also the same situation with you :D

Now I know this is apfs logs but actually i don't want to see it :)). You know, I'm using Gigabyte mobo, when it appears, the "Gi" will go up slowly but "gabyte" stay there :lol:

Same thing here. Also using APFS.efi seems to increase the time between BIOS screen finishing and Clover loading.

So, the two alternatives still both show a few lines? That's mildly annoying. I won't worry about a fix until they can be removed completely, but I appreciate the reply.

Good to know, thanks.

Same thing here. Also using APFS.efi seems to increase the time between BIOS screen finishing and Clover loading.

So, the two alternatives still both show a few lines? That's mildly annoying. I won't worry about a fix until they can be removed completely, but I appreciate the reply.

CsmVideoDxe.efi doesn't do anything to the logs on my gigabyte board.

Csm disabled.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CsmVideoDxe.efi doesn't do anything to the logs on my gigabyte board.

Csm disabled.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh, I'm using Gigabyte but I have not tested it.

I just mentioned this problem yesterday and think this only happen to me  :lol:. Now I know many people also see these text like me, the apfs logs  :yes:

hi,someone tells me how to install from usb in hfs mode and not like apfs 

thank you

Somewhere in this topic someone mentioned changing the firmware features, which forces the installer to install on HFS+j:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2471719

Not sure if it still works though

Alternatively you could:

1. Install on a separate disk or partition, format another harddisk or partition as HFS+j and clone your installation to the HFS+j formatted disk or partition or

2. From an installation on another disk or partition, directly deploy the install on another HFS+j disk or partition by using the startosinstall method and --converttoapfs NO

"/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs NO --volume /Volumes/DEST_DISK --rebootdelay 30 --nointeraction

hi,someone tells me how to install from usb in hfs mode and not like apfs 

thank you

Also try this,

Format as hfs+j, before stage 2 start to install, try to edit true to be false. It may works fine.

/macOS Install Data/minstallconfig.xml

<key>ConvertToAPFS</key>

<false/>