[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Hi, 

After apfs gm install I have full tracked options in system preferences to configure with rehab man's vodoops2controller.kext.

But after a couple of boots the trackpad pref pane show no tracked found though I have full functionality as I had configured earlier.

What's the problem? I removed nvram plist, repaired permissions, reinstalled rehab mans vodoops2controller.kext but still empty, pref pane.

Any suggestions

Thanks.

Somewhere in this topic someone mentioned changing the firmware features, which forces the installer to install on HFS+j:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/?p=2471719

Not sure if it still works though

Alternatively you could:

1. Install on a separate disk or partition, format another harddisk or partition as HFS+j and clone your installation to the HFS+j formatted disk or partition or

2. From an installation on another disk or partition, directly deploy the install on another HFS+j disk or partition by using the startosinstall method and --converttoapfs NO

"/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall" --applicationpath "/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs NO --volume /Volumes/DEST_DISK --rebootdelay 30 --nointeraction
If follow what you mentioned, no need to change xml file? Can i keep hfs+j when update new version?

Now installer always force to change hfs+j to apfs.

I dont know info your terminal command.

Thanks in advance.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

If follow what you mentioned, no need to change xml file? Can i keep hfs+j when update new version?

Now installer always force to change hfs+j to apfs.

I dont know info your terminal command.

Thanks in advance.

There's no need to change the xml file indeed. I've been on HFS+j myself from DP1 up to DP8 without any issue. I believe that as long as the OS is on HFS+j disk, an update won't convert to APFS. At least, it was for me like that in the DP's... I don't know how it will be after the HS release.

The terminal command is a command to deploy the High Sierra installation directly into the destination disk. You can parse "--converttoapfs NO" to it to disable the APFS conversion:

Usage: startosinstall --volume <target volume path>

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--license, prints the user license agreement only.
--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed with --license.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS.
--installpackage, the path of a package to install after the OS installation is complete; this option can be specified multiple times.
--usage, prints this message.
--volume, path to the target volume.

Example: startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Target --converttoapfs YES 

More info: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/48793

There's no need to change the xml file indeed. I've been on HFS+j myself from DP1 up to DP8 without any issue. I believe that as long as the OS is on HFS+j disk, an update won't convert to APFS. At least, it was for me like that in the DP's... I don't know how it will be after the HS release.

The terminal command is a command to deploy the High Sierra installation directly into the destination disk. You can parse "--converttoapfs NO" to it to disable the APFS conversion:

Usage: startosinstall --volume <target volume path>

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--license, prints the user license agreement only.
--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed with --license.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS.
--installpackage, the path of a package to install after the OS installation is complete; this option can be specified multiple times.
--usage, prints this message.
--volume, path to the target volume.

Example: startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Target --converttoapfs YES 
More info: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/48793
Thank you so much

/Applications/Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" --converttoapfs NO ,work from usb installer ??

No, it's a tool within the installer.app to deploy directly onto a harddisk or ssd. When the tool is done your system will reboot to start the installation from that disk. In other words: You'll need a working macOS install, the macOS High Sierra beta.app from the AppStore and a spare empty harddisk or SSD. 

If you insist in creating an USB installer, I'd try the method from camillionario I linked to earlier.

Edit: Or maybe it depends on in which way you created the USB. I think if the install .app is on the USB, it might be possible. Not sure though.

Goodevening to all, sorry in advance but is quite difficult to follow all the 191 pages...

i have installed Mac OS 10.13 GM in apfs from scratch on my first system in rig (I have even create a new "default" config.plist instead of using the one from Sierra)

in summary, the system boots fine but I'm having graphic glitches on my gtx 660ti gfx after a while... at first it looks good ( I mean when the os boot up) but after a while (I don't know what happens or what kind of app or something else related) it starts to give me the glitches attached...

do you know if on my gfx can I install some Nvidia driver to avoid this??

i also attach my current config.plist file (p.s. I don't have anymore a "custom" dsdt.aml file in the appropriate folder)

thank you for your feedback

Archivio.zip

Now that the final release is nearly here i think its time i fixed my bluetooth issue on my laptop.

I lose bluetooth sometimes after sleep and i can not get it back by rebooting, i have to shutdown then boot up.

I have attached ioreg of before sleep and after sleep with bluetooth not available in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and both installed to S/L/E

Vendor:14E4, Device: 43B1

EDIT: Seems ok now after a decent sleep bluetooth came back.

I updated AirportBrcmFixup.kext to latest  :thumbsup_anim:

Edit 2: I stand corrected, after a longer sleep bluetooth is gone again  :( please help

config.plist.zip

Shane’s MacBook Pro.zip

Shane’s MacBook Pro after sleep.zip

Shane’s MacBook Pro after sleep reboot.zip

Hi, 

After apfs gm install I have full tracked options in system preferences to configure with rehab man's vodoops2controller.kext.

But after a couple of boots the trackpad pref pane show no tracked found though I have full functionality as I had configured earlier.

What's the problem? I removed nvram plist, repaired permissions, reinstalled rehab mans vodoops2controller.kext but still empty, pref pane.

Any suggestions

Thanks.

- Rightclick -> show content on VoodooPS2Controller.kext

- Go to Contents -> Plugins -> VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

- Rightclick -> Show content

- Edit Info.plist, replace:

<key>Darwin 16.x</key>

with

<key>Darwin 17.x</key>
  • Like 1

- Rightclick -> show content on VoodooPS2Controller.kext

- Go to Contents -> Plugins -> VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

- Rightclick -> Show content

- Edit Info.plist, replace:

<key>Darwin 16.x</key>

with

<key>Darwin 17.x</key>

Hi I have both Darwin 16.x and 17.x both already in the info.plist.

post-179304-0-43170600-1506091560_thumb.jpeg

can anyone try to identify the problem I have with USB...I have installed 10.13 GM everything was fine using 10.13 beta 8-9 USB port limitation patch, then I have restored my 10.12 to the new SSD running 10.13 and now looks like I have a problem of USB port limitation...is the patch different for the GM release?

if so can you please let me know what should I change?

running 10.13 on APFS

figure out that the problem is not port limitation...my keyboard/mouse connected via USB HUB my keyboard is apple keyboard with USB HUB, when i connected the mouse directly to PC i have no problems, but when connecting the keyboard i have problem, connecting general keyboard is working fine.

the Apple keyboard is working fine under 10.12 and 10.13 GM (without the restore i did) also the HUB...so it make me wonder what could have been changed once i restored my system...? anyone have any idea?

• Like 1

My High Sierra GM boot slower compared to Sierra. It stop at this verbose boot screen for about 15s. Will erase this disk make it go faster through this line? Any solution? Thanks

Disable TRIM. It doesn't work well on apfs formatted SSD's with SandForce controllers and maybe several other old controllers...

• Like 2

Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 :

Capacité : 275,06 Go (275 064 201 216 octets)

Modèle : Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1                  

Révision : M0CR040

Works well here APFS and trim Activated

Boot  fast no probleme 

• Like 1

Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 :

Boot  fast no probleme 

Sure. Crucial MX300 uses modern Marvell 88SS1074 controller...

Well, I'm on SSD, Disable TRIM works great, much faster.

Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 :

Boot  fast no probleme 

Please verify the TRIM patch

post-1767774-0-43653300-1506178060_thumb.png

P/s: Is there a way to enable VGA output with Intel GFX HD4000? It will be great if that can be patch through Clover

For those who are interested

I just bought a great little Graphics Card Saphire Radeon 5570
This card is native any version of OS X from 10.6 to 10.13 
Working only Inject ATI with Clover; thats it!  :thumbsup_anim:

post-951341-0-15751600-1506197838_thumb.jpg

post-951341-0-88447700-1506198067_thumb.png

• Like 6

Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 :

Boot  fast no probleme 

What do you consider as fast. Mine boots 10 secs from clover to login screen. Is this OK? My El Capitan takes only 6 secs.

What do you consider as fast. Mine boots 10 secs from clover to login screen. Is this OK? My El Capitan takes only 6 secs.

same here 

this is very good for High Sierra, you will not find faster I think

• Like 2

Well, I have just discovered a fun thing with FMM on HS.

When you lock your Hack through iCloud, when your hack received the lock command, It will do a abrupt and your hack with restart :D.

Because I'm using EmuVariableUEFI-64 so that when abruption occurs, it doesn't save the nvram content so nothing was locked.

Does this happen on other High Sierra MacBook?