one more kernel based on my sources

Vitaliy

214 posts in this topic

JAs, maybe you should consider in your next ppf using DaemonES kernel as the Basic kernel, all the ppl who uses PRO applications can benefit from it, i don't know why but Semthex one isn't PRO friendly, and pro apps are a very important part of the mac experience.

And now with your invaluable help, having fsb autodetect, hpet emulation by autodetect and no nx hack its p[robably the most valuable Intel friendly kernel.

I use some "pro" apps emntioned too and have not encountered problems with semthex kernel. USB dongle and stuff works fine and application is running smoth without any problem. So I don't know what you are talking about. Even Adobe CS with crappy rosetta works fine. Don'T you think you may have made some setup mistakes?

With this kernel I encountered some timing problems if box is switched on for a longer period of time.

Try Semthex's latest kernel It auto sets your fsb for you now.just join his kernel channel and ask for it , someone will give you a link.

Hello, want to go there, but if anyone can send me a version of colloquy, the homepage is still offline, and can explain me, how to join irc?

did try it several times, but still no success...

can connect to irc.macspaek.net, but did not join to the channels. (special #kernel)

thanks a lot for your patience...

Rene

Hello, want to go there, but if anyone can send me a version of colloquy, the homepage is still offline, and can explain me, how to join irc?

did try it several times, but still no success...

can connect to irc.macspaek.net, but did not join to the channels. (special #kernel)

thanks a lot for your patience...

Rene

I am just going to pm you a link to the new kernel,will save us both a lot of time :construction:

Also I still waiting for DaemonES to post a working kernel with the no nx patch I sent him.

I use some "pro" apps emntioned too and have not encountered problems with semthex kernel. USB dongle and stuff works fine and application is running smoth without any problem. So I don't know what you are talking about. Even Adobe CS with crappy rosetta works fine. Don'T you think you may have made some setup mistakes?

With this kernel I encountered some timing problems if box is switched on for a longer period of time.

My setups are wonderfully working i have like 7 iHacks, so no, i dont think is my mistake. do you think "With this kernel I encountered some timing problems if box is switched on for a longer period of time." is stable anyway?

In any case i havent tried LAST Semthex kernel, JAS could you PM to me too please?

thanks

bofors

you may want to use AppleSMIOS.kext from old hackintosh installation(e.g. 10.4.7)

Thanks, but exactly what problem is this supposed to solve?

On a related note, I just downloaded what I think was the last "official" Vitaliy (Mifki) kernel here:

[link removed... sorry, folks, can't have the complete kernels here :D]

... and it did not come with a copy of AppleSMIOS.kext either.

Guys, Great work. Keep it up. I have now been able to boot with Semthex's and Daemon's NoNX Kernels.

Now, let me get this clear. The latest semthex has FSB autodetect and so does Daemon's NONX, correct?

Yup that's correct !!!!

have great performance with Daemon's.... and latest semthex too !!! but semthex show 'P4 840 D' as 'intel core duo' !!!

P.L.U.R

Tekno.

Guys I'm trying to try different kernels with my 10.4.8 setup. I remember from the 10.4.3 days that you could boot with different kernels but can't remember what was the syntaxis.

Is it "mach_kernel_1" or mach_kernel_1

It is mach_kernel_1 :dev:

is there a guide for all this tricks? currently i keep on editing my plist to try out a kernel. Would be lovely if there was another way. Where do i put the syntaxis mentioned above? Do i need to rename my kernels in that manner mach_kernel1?

Thanks.

The following files are on the site (translated into English and kept in order):

1) VITALY Kernel for Intel SSE3 CPUs with NX (and SMBIOS kext included)

2) VITALY Kernel for Intel SSE3 CPUs without NX (and SMBIOS kext included)

3) DaemonES Kernel for Intel SSE3 CPUs without NX

4) xnu_.diff.zip

5) DaemonEnvy24.zip

------

Basically, you should download the 3rd one. However, the no NX patch doesn't work in the DaemonES kernel! Part of me is wondering if they even tested this kernel on a no-NX system at all. It'll reboot as soon as extensions are loaded and the kernel itself is supposed to kick in.

If you like the Vitality kernel and don't have NX, use his no-NX build. If you don't like that, use Semthex. Only use this one if you're feeling lucky. Even the people with NX reported drops in benchmarks. It's got a lot of work ahead.

Sorry to be blunt, but this will save a lot of aggravation for newbies. I had to put it out there. I'm not trying to discredit the effort.

The following files are on the site (translated into English and kept in order):

1) VITALY Kernel for Intel SSE3 CPUs with NX (and SMBIOS kext included)

2) VITALY Kernel for Intel SSE3 CPUs without NX (and SMBIOS kext included)

3) DaemonES Kernel for Intel SSE3 CPUs without NX

4) xnu_.diff.zip

5) DaemonEnvy24.zip

------

Basically, you should download the 3rd one. However, the no NX patch doesn't work in the DaemonES kernel! Part of me is wondering if they even tested this kernel on a no-NX system at all. It'll reboot as soon as extensions are loaded and the kernel itself is supposed to kick in.

If you like the Vitality kernel and don't have NX, use his no-NX build.If you don't like that, use Semthex. Only use this one if you're feeling lucky. Even the people with NX reported drops in benchmarks. It's got a lot of work ahead.

Sorry to be blunt, but this will save a lot of aggravation for newbies. I had to put it out there. I'm not trying to discredit the effort.

Your correct,it isnt working the latest DaemonES nonx build.It is the same non working kernel as vitality original posted the other day.I am going to take a shot at compiling it today.