one more kernel based on my sources

Vitaliy

214 posts in this topic

enb14 it seems, that version of modified kernel itself not have much impact on sleep/hibernate issue.

pet1 I going to solve restart issues, and after that development will be finished (but now we consider on SSE2 emulator implementation).

Have you tryed Safe sleep on your hackintosh?

Remember that safe sleep is hibernate and sleep is just sleep.

http://www.andrewescobar.com/archive/2005/...ep-your-mac%20/

basically you need to exec this on a shell

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

and then when you click "Sleep" on the apple icon you will be hibernating (this available on real macs) with your modified kernel it only sleeps not deep sleep, what do you think could be the issue that doesn't lets do safe sleep?

bottleNeckKiller it only 50% finished, so will not work yet.

enb14

and then when you click "Sleep" on the apple icon you will be hibernating (this available on real macs) with your modified kernel it only sleeps not deep sleep, what do you think could be the issue that doesn't lets do safe sleep?
As I sad kernel doesn't much impact on sleep. It only manages kext's, when system goes to sleep/hibernate.

joe75 instant reboot on system load or kernel panic?

Hi DaemonES,

your kernel is running great. Hibernate (S3) works here, which was working already with mifki's kernel. :gathering:

Only problem left is the reboot. I just hangs with a spinning wheel. The reboot works with semthex last kernel(s) but again hibernate doesn't. Do u need any more details?

Thanx for your work!

Hi DaemonES,

your kernel is running great. Hibernate (S3) works here, which was working already with mifki's kernel. :gathering:

Only problem left is the reboot. I just hangs with a spinning wheel. The reboot works with semthex last kernel(s) but again hibernate doesn't. Do u need any more details?

Thanx for your work!

DaemonES,

Please fix the reboot problem. :)

It seems that mifki's kernel runs a bit faster on my system (Gigabyte 965p ds3 mobo, Core2 Duo E6300, Nvidia 7900GT, ddr2 2GB)

Thanks for you work, really appreciate it! :)

DaemonES,

Please fix the reboot problem. :gathering:

It seems that mifki's kernel runs a bit faster on my system (Gigabyte 965p ds3 mobo, Core2 Duo E6300, Nvidia 7900GT, ddr2 2GB)

Thanks for you work, really appreciate it! :)

Yeap, everything is working fine with this kernel and core 2 duo. Only issue remaining is reboot.

Thanks

Just uploaded new version to the old place. I hope reboot problem were fixed (noNX seems too), so you can try it.

Yeap, reboot fixed.

Thanks dude! :construction:

btw "about this mac" reports cpu as core 2 solo!! is that the kernel doing funny stuff or the latest AppleSMBios.kext i used to get the mhz right?

DaemonES, sorry I couldn't report back quicker.

It reboots on system load, it says

mDNSResponder: DNSPlatformRawTime: last_mach_absolute_time

mDNSResponder: DNSPlatformRawTime: this_mach_absolute_time

mDNSResponder: DNSPlatformRawTime: went backwards by ticks :setting correction factor

sometimes it may boot, but shuts down saying the same thing

Yeap, reboot fixed.

Thanks dude! :)

btw "about this mac" reports cpu as core 2 solo!! is that the kernel doing funny stuff or the latest AppleSMBios.kext i used to get the mhz right?

Strange,this is what semthex's kernel did for a while.I dont think this part is really needed with the point your kernel is at DaemonES.

JaS I have no any relation to semthex. Just playing hw.cpu_family in kern_mib.c, I thought it may helps to solve cpuid checks in apple binaries, but unfortunately - no results (some time before that I put Core 2 Duo id, now it's core solo/core duo).

Info about cold reboot were taken from Linux kernel. So please don't mislead people.

JaS I have no any relation to semthex. Just playing hw.cpu_family in kern_mib.c, I thought it may helps to solve cpuid checks in apple binaries, but unfortunately - no results (some time before that I put Core 2 Duo id, now it's core solo/core duo).

Info about cold reboot were taken from Linux kernel. So please don't mislead people.

How did I mislead people ? semthex kernel did have this happening reporting Core 2 and core solo , and he did it for a specific reason.Not just playing around.So I was saying that your kernel is not at the point where this is needed.

Also he has removed this as now it is no longer needed for his kernel.

I know you kernel devs all hate each other hand have your issues,but dont drag me into it.I have been nothing but good to you.

Hi mifki and DaemonES

I have a sse3/hpet non-nx cpu. I tried both ur latest kernel mods. the non-nx-nonhpet by DaemonES and the hpet/non-nx by mifki (i also put the AppleSMBIOS kext u provided).

Both tests work great, mifki's yours is a bit slower, especially when redrawing menus, and launching apps.

But they both work good, and they report PCI cards (which not the case with Semthex), also correct cpu type.

However your kernel, DaemonES does not work with vmware, it gives a kernel stack fault, like first semthex releases.

Even then Semthex latest releases did not work for me good with vmware, i can now boot to gui, but continuous crashes and restarting of Finder make it impossible to use...

Thank you, good work

Edit: The PCI cards disappeared from System Profiler, so same as Semthex for this...

How to change the kernel after I installed Mac OSX Jas 10.4.8 with Semthex's kernel without reinstall everything? Because I really want to try the other kernels (Mifki's kernel and DeamonES's kernel) to see what kernel is the best to me?

Simple replace the "mach_kernel" from each owner? Or need to do more?

Please help me!

I have the Intel 3.0G with SEE3 & HPET supported, while NX unsupported!

Thank you!

Back up ur old mach_kernel, u can just drop in Documents and call it mack_kernel.old.

Delete the one in root folder.

Unpack the zip file of Daemon or mifki, the mifki one has also AppleSMBIOS.kext.

(use the latest downloads).

Then copy the kernel u want to try in your root directory by dropping it there.

And drop AppleSMBIOS.kext into /System/Library/Extensions (after backing up and deleting the original one).

I tried DaemonES without mifki's AppleSMBIOS.kext, and it worked fine.

I used AppleSMBIOS.kext with mifki's because he included it, and since they do not put a guide file, I guess I wanted to play safe, but AppleSMBIOS.kext modified is included in JaS release installation, but maybe mifki did more, I dont know...

Delete Kextcache files in /System/Library

Repair permissions as usual, and it should work.

This is how i do mine...

Good luck