one more kernel based on my sources

Vitaliy

214 posts in this topic

Thank you.

Did JaS happen include this version of AppleSMBIOS.kext with his 10.4.8 (reseed)?

I don´t know if it´s the right place to ask, but both, mifki´s and semthex kernels does need this kext?

a bit offtopic, but how are you going to test amd and other stuff on a MACPRO?

I will still test install on this intel box.Installing is not an issue.It is making this box do any real work that causing it to crash,and work on amd like I always do,with testers.the mac pro will be used for making pkgs and isos and such.

Congratulations JaS.

DaemonES I've tried your latest kernel, now sleep works the only two things that doesn't works to me are

- Safe Sleep (Hibernate)

- Logitech Control Center 2.1 and 2.11, it crashes an icon located in System Preferences.

Great work mifki, DaemonES.

JAS, why mac pro and not imac 24 or mbpro?

just curiosity

Congratulations for your new mac man, u derver it, i couldnt donate to you (i would have donates at least 20 bucks) but here in my coubntry i dont have access to paypal.

Anyway, whats really happening with your intel box?

enb14 it seems, that version of modified kernel itself not have much impact on sleep/hibernate issue.

pet1 I going to solve restart issues, and after that development will be finished (but now we consider on SSE2 emulator implementation).

Any enhancements or tweaks in this new kernel. If I have sse 3 and nx. Which one should I use. Mifki or yours? That's why I want to know if yours is tweaked or more bare like mifki's.

You've asked me about the difference in my kernel, and kernel, which I'm developing now...

My kernel based on mifki, so it has some addition tweaks.

- High accuracy FSB autodetection.

- HPET autodetection, in case, when you have non-Intel mobo emulation will be running.

joe75 I think yesterday I've solved this issue (for singleuser mode only), grab new version from russian site. Anyway we have no solution for GUI on AMD.

[Link removed due to DMCA violation]

pet1 maybe you not discovered yet, but FSB autodetection is very useful thing, it helps avoid sound issue, Safari and some pro apps crash. Recently semthex implemented FSB autodetection in his version of kernel too, but his kernel more modified, so if you have hardware compatible with my kernel - use it.

joe75 I think yesterday I've solved this issue (for singleuser mode only), grab new version from russian site. Anyway we have no solution for GUI on AMD.

pet1 maybe you not discovered yet, but FSB autodetection is very useful thing, it helps avoid sound issue, Safari and some pro apps crash. Recently semthex implemented FSB autodetection in his version of kernel too, but his kernel more modified, so if you have hardware compatible with my kernel - use it.

I was comparing yours to mifki's.