one more kernel based on my sources

Vitaliy

214 posts in this topic

I installed using the Jas DVD. It wasn't a clean install, but the Semthex kernel worked fine. I popped this new kernel in, renamed it to mach_kernel2, and get an instant reboot when I try to boot using it.

Do I have to use the Jas DVD a 2nd time with Vitality checked off instead of Semthex? Did the choice affect anything other than which kernel was installed?

I just cloned my friends iMac 10.4.8 partition (Macintosh HD) onto my SATA drive, popped in the mifki kernel and the system works great, I only had to edit the info.plist for ethernet to work (audio has never worked for me) and I'm not having any problems so this kernel is sweet.

Out of curiosity, is it possible for you to modify the kernel to obtain the "Machine Name" and "Machine Model" from the com.apple.Boot.plist file or default to Mac/ACPI if the options are not set?

Hi Takuro,

I have the same problem as you, and I have latest JaS 10.4.8 installed, which is continuous reboot with this partcular kernel...

Maybe the solution will be to install the combo from Apple and drop that kernel, as some dudes did.

Since my system is fully working now, i give it a pass for now, but i will try that on vmware...

Cheers

i just ran into a problem with this kernel.

I put the computer to sleep. Goes to sleep fine.

I wake up computer. Seems fine.

I run an application (like browser, or chat) to access internet. DOESN'T CONNECT.

I go to Network config in System Preferences, it says im connected to the internet (WEIRD).

I go to restart the computer, it hangs on restart.

P.S. I lost 5 points on my XBench

Ok. It definately isn't my setup that caused the system to instantly reboot. I tried the Vitality/Mifki kernel w/ no NX. It worked beautifully.

However, this one still doesn't seem to work no matter what I do. No errors. No warning. It just reboots as soon as the kexts finish loading.

Since my SSE3 Intel Pentium 4 CPU has 800Mhz bus, I guess that means I have 200Mhz FSB, which means I have the correct FSB to run Vitality's kernel as-is. There wouldn't be any benefits if I even could've gotten this foreign-compiled kernel working anyway, right?

This kernel works fine on my Core2 system(Gigabyte DS3 mobo) but,

the reboot problem is still there :)

Vitaliy..could you please look into this reboot problem?

There are lots of ppl having this problem and we desperately need some help! :)

Sorry, couldn't keep up, but what is "reboot problem"?

This kernel works fine on my Core2 system(Gigabyte DS3 mobo) but,

the reboot problem is still there :)

Vitaliy..could you please look into this reboot problem?

There are lots of ppl having this problem and we desperately need some help! :)

kernel by my friend DaemonES based on my sources but with added fsb/hpet/nx autodetection

don't know much about it, feel free to try

LOL ok well the nx auto-detection he got wrong,tell him to look over semthex's source again.It even took semthex a few times to get it right,how do I know this.The kernel just reboots for me.I have no nx.

SO sad to say it but this kernel is not working for ppl without NX.

Non patched NX.

LOL ok well the nx auto-detection he got wrong,tell him to look over semthex's source again.It even took semthex a few times to get it right,how do I know this.The kernel just reboots for me.I have no nx.SO sad to say it but this kernel is not working for ppl without NX.

NO, i have no nx (celeron d 315) and DaemonES kernel works fine for me for four days already.

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.26GHz

Processor ID: GenuineIntel Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9

Darwin 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Fri Nov 3 20:57:08 GMT 2006; dima:xnu-792.13.8/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

NO, i have no nx (celeron d 315) and DaemonES kernel works fine for me for four days already.

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.26GHz

Processor ID: GenuineIntel Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9

Darwin 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Fri Nov 3 20:57:08 GMT 2006; dima:xnu-792.13.8/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

YES It has the NX bit, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron_D

Read up,I know what I am talking about.All you new guys come here thinking you know {censored}.This is so f***ing funny.

Dont come here with your one post and tell my I dont know what I am talking about.I have no nx and this kernel reboots for me.Semthex's has nx patched and it works fine.This kernel that Vitality posted does not have the nx bit patched.when it does and its done right.I will be more then happy to try it again.

The system just won't reboot properly although it shuts down ok.

If you go to this thread you can see many ppl with Gigabyte DS3 mobo (965P chipset) having this issue.

Maybe it's a DS3 specific problem because, when I installed the same mifki's kernel(sse3/hpet/nx) on

Asus P5LD2 mobo (945P chipset), I did not have this problem. System just reboots fine.

This is all very weird, it's time to scream out for help! :)

YES It has the NX bit, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron_D

Read up,I know what I am talking about.All you new guys come here thinking you know {censored}.This is so f***ing funny.

looking here http://techreport.com/cpu/index.x?sort=nx

celeron d 315 does not have nx.

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron_D

>In mid-2005, Intel refreshed the Celeron D with EM64T and XD Bit (eXecute Disable) enabled. Model numbers increase by 1 over the previous generation (e.g. 330 became 331), and were only manufactured for LGA 775.

i have 315, not 316.

And this cpu manufactured for s478, not lga775.

looking here http://techreport.com/cpu/index.x?sort=nx

celeron d 315 does not have nx.

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron_D

>In mid-2005, Intel refreshed the Celeron D with EM64T and XD Bit (eXecute Disable) enabled. Model numbers increase by 1 over the previous generation (e.g. 330 became 331), and were only manufactured for LGA 775.

i have 315, not 316.

And this cpu manufactured for s478, not lga775.

LOL the wiki is wrong

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/sempron_3.html

315 has execute bit disable.

I know what I am talking about. Socket 478 & lga775 celeron d 315 has it.see below

I looked it up in a Intel Spec. and it tells that Celeron D series since a certain date are all NX enabled no matter of ModNum and not to mention there are much less "real" mod nums than listed on the net.

The system just won't reboot properly although it shuts down ok.

If you go to this thread you can see many ppl with Gigabyte DS3 mobo (965P chipset) having this issue.

Maybe it's a DS3 specific problem because, when I installed the same mifki's kernel(sse3/hpet/nx) on

Asus P5LD2 mobo (945P chipset), I did not have this problem. System just reboots fine.

This is all very weird, it's time to scream out for help! :)

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!

No really, we need to fix this guys, it's not only the DS3 users.