one more kernel based on my sources

Vitaliy

214 posts in this topic

10.4.8 works great on my Dell Inspiron 6400 after a load of reinstalls to work out how to get it working properly. :( Any other Inspiron 6400/E1505 users, feel free to use my tutorial to get it working too :D

Only thing that doesn't work is both cores but I can live with that.

Thanks Vitaliy, DaemonES & Semthex for all your efforts!

Edit: DaemonES Kernel crashes on clicking More Info... on About this Mac. dual cores don't work, same with Semthex kernel. Seems that the Vitaliy kernel is best for me at least for the moment - everything works great with cpus=1 on it.

chelhydra I didn't research a lot, because such things like misreporting is not interesting for me. I work on another project.

BTW, one russian hacker cracked Leopard kernel and booted to gui :)

Billy due to new politic of applelife administration page is closed now, but direct link to the kernel available at any time.

Yesterday guy from our forum (nickname 8084) accidentally discovered, that all cpuid calls in decrypted binaries (for AMD from semthex FAQ) replaced by int 0xfb call, i.e. kernel set user trap to int 0xfb, and filled proc regs with Intel's cpuid (for function 0). So I decided implement the same trick in my kernel (for compatibility support, now users have a choice), it was simple, now users reporting, that GUI booted on AMD too. Need more testing now, I think, that tomorrow I'll implement nForce4 HPET support :)

So credits to semthex, ruffus and guys, who's helps him.

Guest bikedude880
BTW, mifki cracked Leopard kernel and booted to gui :censored2:

Show me proof like last time. I know he's credible, but I'm a skeptic. :shock: