one more kernel based on my sources

Vitaliy

214 posts in this topic

I'm glad to see this table if it is the truth. Thanks JaS

No problem,glad we can get past this,

This is why I know it doesn't have nx patched proper.It reboots for me.

I have no NX.

I have nothing against mifki I want to use his kernel also,and I love to give ppl the choice of kernel.

I was just reporting what was wrong and hoping it could be fixed.

kernel by my friend DaemonES based on my sources but with added fsb/hpet/nx autodetection

Well nx auto detection would mean it will work with out wothout NX bit.

It's mistake, this kernel doesn't have nonx patch, because DaemonES haven't this patch. So, send it to him :)

Ok Jas but there are ways for saying so, DaemonES is a good guy, he has done before some mods escpecially usefulls for my mobo, and i have been testing his kernel release before semthex released his new one, in your post you are implying he copied the source, i really dont know if thats true, but i dont read insanely mac as a soap opera alternative; i would prefer 1000% that all the guys with some kernel development ability work together for a greater common goal, the problem is here everyone is trying to make a name for themselves and some (and with these im especifically not refering at you who really deserves it) are getting carried for the donations money.

Anyway, i still have hope for a more unity in our team of developers without those high egos and greedy materialism, i would prefere an OX86 project kernel than an "aberracus kernel" any day.

just my two cents

DaemonES write on Russian forum.

>8084 у меня так смешались сорцы, что я не могу разобратся, где в сорцах mifki этот самый no-NX. По этому я пока жду от него фикса JaS'a (самому с этой проблемой не охота связыватся).

It's mean he couldn't find no-NX patch and waiting for JaS nonx patch.

DaemonES write on Russian forum.

>8084 ? ???? ??? ????????? ?????, ??? ? ?? ???? ??????????, ??? ? ?????? mifki ???? ????? no-NX. ?? ????? ? ???? ??? ?? ???? ????? JaS'a (?????? ? ???? ????????? ?? ????? ??????????).

It's mean he couldn't find no-NX patch and waiting for JaS nonx patch.

ok , I gave my no nx patch to mifki a long time ago,but my patch does not auto detect,just removes the nx dependance from the kernel.NX is only used to lock the kernel to hardware.

Let him know to pm me his email addy and I will send the patch to him.

Jas i have read that "nx-disable execution bit, technology by intel to help prevent buffer overflows", so if it is useffull we shouldn't just turn it off if we have it in our hardware?

So the easy way is to have 2 kernels one with no nx and one without, im wrong? or Semthex and his anonymous crew got a good working salution for that?

Very interesting work, indeed, and congratulations to Russia and Ukraine. biggrin.gif
Yeah :)

Yes, this kernel doesn't include noNX patch, mifki said about noNX due to miss reporting from our testers. I've seen Semthex kernel sources, but I didn't include any line from it, because... Because mifki :)

If you have an Intel ICH4 and higher board, and all works fine, than you don't need HPET emulation, you can also activate HPET emulation through boot parameter nohpet=1.

System working through HPET if you have ICH4 and higher, in other cases running HPET emulation through tsc. So HPET autodetection works correctly.

Yeah :)

Yes, this kernel doesn't include noNX patch, mifki said about noNX due to miss reporting from our testers. I've seen Semthex kernel sources, but I didn't include any line from it, because... Because mifki :)

If you have an Intel ICH4 and higher board, and all works fine, than you don't need HPET emulation, you can also activate HPET emulation through boot parameter nohpet=1.

So would you like the nx patch I figurd out,It is not based on semthex's?

Jas i have read that "nx-disable execution bit, technology by intel to help prevent buffer overflows", so if it is useffull we shouldn't just turn it off if we have it in our hardware?

So the easy way is to have 2 kernels one with no nx and one without, im wrong? or Semthex and his anonymous crew got a good working salution for that?

This is a protection for windows I believe,from attacks.Not needed in Os x.Os x only uses it to lock the kernel it certain hardware

I hope DeamonES gets this kernel to work. I want this No NX with FSB auto-detection. Does he have a chatroon in macspeak.net yet?

Try Semthex's latest kernel It auto sets your fsb for you now.just join his kernel channel and ask for it , someone will give you a link.

"This is a protection for windows I believe,from attacks.Not needed in Os x.Os x only uses it to lock the kernel it certain hardware" this is not only for Windows, it for every kinds of codes that was coded without security-aware in mind. Buffer over flow is a very commond kind of attack that could harm your system deeply if the target is low level system services.

Anyway I'm also looking forward to the collaboration day of all kernel dev.s

"This is a protection for windows I believe,from attacks.Not needed in Os x.Os x only uses it to lock the kernel it certain hardware" this is not only for Windows, it for every kinds of codes that was coded without security-aware in mind. Buffer over flow is a very commond kind of attack that could harm your system deeply if the target is low level system services.

Anyway I'm also looking forward to the collaboration day of all kernel dev.s

Okay , Thanks for the heads up.Still OS X is coded with security in mind.

I have used Os X from the beginning without nx.Never had one issue.

Thats over a year and four months btw.

So I still feel it is a hardware lock.

I've been using the DaemonES kernel for a little while now and it seems magnificent. On my machine it is more stable than semthex's (which would randomly crash in logic pro, and occasionally even in xbench - thats with the fsb set right). Sleep works fine, and reboots are fine too (on a P5LD2-SE). Thanks to all of those involved for their quality work.