New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

I don't really think you can attribute that to the client though. This torrent has gone way up and down the entire time its been going and I know its not my client, its the fact that there are so many people who cap their upload at 1KB/sec......

My original post before the one i made was that i used Utorrent and downloaded at 950 KB/s-1.1 MB/s constant until i caught up with everyone else. Currently now at 96.8%. So what i was saying is that by switching clients i got the torrent way faster then transmission, but at least now i am at the top of the pack, rather than still downloading segments with transmission.

96.7% 3rd day in, oh joy. Good old torrents eh. I thought I might have been a bit harsh when azereus was reporting it would take me 5hrs @ 180kb/s and at that stage I bagged torrents over Usenet. But then I woke up to find like everyone else that things bogged at 65 or so %. So I though ok by the end of the day, but no dice still dead in the water. So I left it all today thinking that's gotta be it, nope 90% but going strong just over an hour left. So I thought cool go for dinner come back and voila we'll be good to go. Sucked in again by the nature of torrents, stuck @ 96.7%.....Just as another user said, that's precisely why I avoid'em where ever possible and go for Usenet binaries, no stuffing around and max use of your bandwith. Not to mention no one would have to {censored} about those who aren't sharing enough after downloading...

Then there's also the case that newsgroups have remarkably been left alone through years and years of crackdowns on every other method of software exchange and thus, its a lot harder to bust someone downloading things off of newsgroups than it is to do so with torrents.

Really good point and too true, I think the perceived complexity factor has something to do with it. I know it kept me away for a while till I made a concerted effort to get my head around it, half an hour later and I was wondering why I'd been so mystified by it for so long. Also when you add SSL encryption the way giganews just has, now there's even more anonimity for the downloader with Usenet.

You're just not connected to him. I am currently connected to him (though I'm not receiving anything at this moment in time) so I can confirm that he's still there.

So there is no one else out there that can seed?

Or they have only one machine and cannot wait to test the new DVD :blink:

There were two seeds earlier and one has now disconnected.

Really good point and too true, I think the perceived complexity factor has something to do with it. I know it kept me away for a while till I made a concerted effort to get my head around it, half an hour later and I was wondering why I'd been so mystified by it for so long. Also when you add SSL encryption the way giganews just has, now there's even more anonimity for the downloader with Usenet.

Well I just use Easynews. Its not as cheap as other unlimited services but I'm not a heavy heavy user anyway and when I want to use it, its nice finding what I want immediately and its also peace of mind knowing that they don't keep records of what I download and when. I also like the fact that if I don't use my 20GB allowance per month (which I usually don't), it rolls over to the next. I'm sitting at 80GB available right now... so really it works out a lot better economically for me too at 9.99 a month as opposed to 20+

Ehh... probably not... because people still will have their {censored} capped at 1KB/sec uploads and junk.

Yep true ive uploaded 9gig already pleased to say but many peeps r capping the upload and now the jumpers(3 days..i had it in an hour) r starting to appear so i would say the last few % will be slooooooooooowww going and itll be fun at the end to see how many hit and run :blink:

Ehh... probably not... because people still will have their {censored} capped at 1KB/sec uploads and junk.

Well mine is on a 20MB connection, and is setup to doll out 15MB for the next 24 hours... so hopefully I'll help out a bit, and those that stay at 1KB/s... Karma sucks for them.

I currently am stucked with 97%. I have a ratio of 2.569. I think I am a good seeder and do not know why is such a problem to seed?

I can say that I have 12 Mb/s download and 1 Mb/s upload line.

Please seed whoever downloaded with 100% ASAP. It should be allready over and more than 500 installs, so we could start tweaking our Hackintoshes. It has taken more than 50 posts all about seeding instead of development and talking about improvments.

greetings

Total Uploaded: 45.74 GB

Upload Rate: 1457 KB/s To 20 Peers

But...

Download rate: 1 KB/s From 7 Peers

and stuck at 97.2% now...........

can anyone who has 100% help us?.......

i think i can be a good seeder also

thx

Total Uploaded: 45.74 GB

Upload Rate: 1457 KB/s To 20 Peers

But...

Download rate: 1 KB/s From 7 Peers

and stuck at 97.2% now...........

can anyone who has 100% help us?.......

i think i can be a good seeder also

thx

There are over 2000 peers, even if there are a few more seeds, it won't help much.

Just wait it out, it's not gonna be long, probably in a few hours.

It's a matter of time, 0.99 is available, so I guess it's a matter of minutes untill the first one in line reaches the 100%.

Hopefully he's gonna seed :)

I´m 99% and gona seed 10:1.

But I also hope people posts their experiences with this new 'benchmark' in hackintosh intallations!