HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Have you installed VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext ? That kext fixed a lot (not all) of those issues on my system (ASRock N68-S Athlon 64 x2 5600+).

If a problem occurs with AppleUSBEHCI, you may have to fix and bypass the damned new USB management under OS X 10.11 :unsure:… Have a look here or here.

Thanks for your reminding about VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext which really improve a lot for 10.11.2.

But no cure for this issue: Adobe Flash Player installer crashes everytime I try to launch it !

By the way I found if this new AMD kernel in /System/Library/Kernels its prelinkedkernel improve booting procedure significantly for Enoch 2795 with Kernel=kernel only (without / or /Extra/)  !

[Hope to be solved as soon as possible]

Many app esp. those installers not working at all.

Edited by jsl
  • Like 1

Error: still waiting for root device

OS X 10.11.2, Kernel R2, Sata AHCI mode IDE mode does not work tried, DVD disabled, GraficEbable = No exposed

Previously installed 10.10.5 included Sata ACHI mode all set to normal
What to do?

Have you tried npci=0x3000 if that doesn't work try npci=0x2000.

Error: still waiting for root device

OS X 10.11.2, Kernel R2, Sata AHCI mode IDE mode does not work tried, DVD disabled, GraficEbable = No exposed

Previously installed 10.10.5 included Sata ACHI mode all set to normal
What to do?

Sounds like you got the same problem (well, a slightly different one actually) that zheselevko has with new USB Management in El Capitan. My guess is the installer can't boot because of a non working/seen USB port. See here or here.

..... Still waiting for root device" has a different cause. ..bios settings or your HFS+ HDD is not plugged into the correct SATA slot !

• Like 1

Actually, the "Still waiting for root device" message could be very well caused by a USB problem.

If the OS X installer can't find the files it needs, it will end up with this error. And as I said, El Capitan has a new USB management which makes a lot of USB 2.0/3.0 ports unrecognized. This is not about the CPU being used, there's a lot of similar problems on Intel's systems too.

It largely depends on what hardware you have (and USB chipset manufacturers too) so I can't be sure this is the problem here but looking at the specs of the mobo could be a hint.

• 1 month later...

I have a Asus m5a99x pro r2 motherboard and i cant figure out how to edit my dsdt. I mean i have the program and i extracted it but i dont know what to edit. Apparently i have usb5 also i dont know how to attach files. I dont use forums very often

install the DSDT Editor or MacIASL, then export a raw DSDT and upload it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310293-help-topic-el-capitan-usb-fix-and-dsdt-patch/

However, El Capitan should work without USB fix in the DSDT, see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/?st=10#commentsStart

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have installed and tested the Apple Graphics Tools, the Quartz Debug, it can possibly resolve the graphics issue ?

what exactly is your present problem?

I choose any country (look screenshot), hit enter and nothing is happening. Really strange... 

probably is depends? no idea why?

restart your system then boot with these flag: -s npci=0x2000 / or 0x3000 nv_disable=1 usekernelcache=No

then add:

/sbin/fsck -fy                                 (click Enter button)

/sbin/mount -uw /                          (click Enter button)

rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone        (click Enter button)

reboot     or    exit                            (click Enter button)

• Like 1

I've solved that problem! Buttons were not responding, probably kernel issue, so i've used tab button and then space button and here I am:

kSC5RdS.jpg?1

Guys, I'm joining to the kernel testing!  :thumbsup_anim:

p.s. this is Bronya 10.11.2 rc1 kernel, sure I'll test other kernels. Oh and damn, that system works faster than Yosemite, only need to fix those color artifacts.

sysctl.rtf

• Like 1

How can I do that if it won't even boot? Will I have to remove the hard drive and modify it on my other hackintosh?

Did you ever get it figured out? I'm having the same problem, El Capitan installed fine, but now that I try to start up it gets to [APCI Patcher] and then reboots. I've tried it with a few different kernels (Shanee, Bronya) but to no avail.

My Specs:

MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX

CPU: AMD FX8350

Graphics: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GT 740

I've tried every boot flag I can think of. npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 apci=off -x -f nv_disable=1 cpus=1 etc. etc.

Any ideas?

Did you ever get it figured out? I'm having the same problem, El Capitan installed fine, but now that I try to start up it gets to [APCI Patcher] and then reboots. I've tried it with a few different kernels (Shanee, Bronya) but to no avail.

My Specs:

MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX

CPU: AMD FX8350

Graphics: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GT 740

I've tried every boot flag I can think of. npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 apci=off -x -f nv_disable=1 cpus=1 etc. etc.

Any ideas?

try this:

boot from installer with the following flags

-s CsrActiveConfig=127 KernelBooter_kexts=Yes

once at the terminal, type the following, without the stuff in parenthesis:

mount -uw /

mkdir /Volumes/HD

ls /dev/disk* (you need to find your El Capitan hard drive, usually disk0s2)

mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s2 (or whatever your hard drive is) /Volumes/HD

mv /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel.bak

cp -rf /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/*

shutdown -r now

after the reboot, boot with -f and whatever other flags you need

I've written here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310026-help-topic-el-capitan-all-question-about-problems-that-can-occur-during-installation/page-22?p=2209757&do=findComment&comment=2209757

.......installed and tested the Apple Graphics Tools with Xcode 7.3 ==> Quartz Debug, it can be possibly resolve the graphics issue ?

the kernel is just tested by a user, the first start test showed without changes. Although the kernel is very quickly but the green glitchy are there. I wait for the next report.

not working, I've test that already with Graphics Tools for Xcode 7.2 with Quartz Debug, not resolve the graphics bug :)

• Like 1

Hi, i was trying to create a VM (android 4.4) using VMware Fusion using Spakk's kernel and modified System.kext from post            #654             and VMware complained that it can't read symbols from kernel, switched to Bronya's kernel_10.11.2_rc2_FX_without_opemu with vanilla System.kext and had the same kernel symbols error, reverted back to Y2k4u's kernel 10.11.2R1 and VMware worked fine No symbol errors.I'm just telling you that in case you've missed something ;)

Bronya has already asked him about the kernel symbols error and Y2k4uk wants give no information and Nobody will run after him and beg for this information!. ^_^

All kernel programmers help us repeatedly for many years, to resolve the problems on OS X and that without having to get any Cents for her very good Job !!
I am thinking particular to the following: Bronya, Andy Vandijk, Sinitek and Tora Chi Yo, and if Y2k4uk not like want to do, then that's his cause, and I would not like to further talk about it......
  • Like 4

Hey,guys. i tried almost all kernels from this topic, but i still failed.

Test on CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 610e processor 2.40 Ghz

RAM:4.00GB Video card:AMD Radeon HD 5450

OS X version:OS X EI Capitan-10.11.2

Installed by usb disk.

First i tired  attachicon.gif10112R2.zip by y2k4u . Here is the photo 

attachicon.gifIMG_2054.JPG

Then i tired a kernel download from a china forum. seem like worked but stuck at system uptime nanoseconds.

attachicon.gifIMG_2052.JPG

Hope someone help me ,thanks very much.

Use bootflag npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000. Here is kernel testing topic, post you problem in Help topic.

Test on CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 610e processor 2.40 Ghz

RAM:4.00GB Video card:AMD Radeon HD 5450

Installed by usb disk.

post-1629754-0-58081100-1453717653_thumb.jpg

Then i tired a kernel download from a china forum. seem like worked but stuck at system uptime nanoseconds.

post-1629754-0-59439800-1453717867_thumb.jpg

Test on CPU:AMD Athlon™ II X4 610e processor 2.40 Ghz

Installed by usb disk.

Upload your Extra folder please.

Test on CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 610e processor 2.40 Ghz

Installed by usb disk.

attachicon.gifIMG_2054.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2052.JPG

same thing here mate,

created usb with shaneee's method but the error i'm receiving is a recurring " apple usb ehci" or sth like that