El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

I believe rebooting instead of shutting down is caused by nVidia driver and configurations, Have you installed nVidia Web Driver or not? and sometimes wrong cpu power management and/or wrong DSDT settings might be the cause.

Messages and FaceTime problem is because of the serial number in most cases and finally if you are using toledo's audio command that might be the cause for the audio related problems, not sure why but I experienced some problems with toledo' s audio script so i switched to VoodooHDA which works just fine./quote]

Yes I am using the nvidia web driver, the only way I could get the Web driver working was to use the iMac 14,2 smbios which doesn't show my cpu right (i7-6700k) so that could be the shutdown problem. I'm using Yassinex's dsdt and ssdts. I'm also using a h110i gtx aio water cooler. Toledo's script is what I'm using also but I've found it just stops working after a couple of reboots so may switch to voodoo.

S

Here's what Pike came up with for fixing the Black Screen with newer SMBIOS (MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17)

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch © Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaXg=
</data>
</dict>

Here's what Pike came up with for fixing the Black Screen with newer SMBIOS (MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17)

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch © Pike R. Alpha</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

Ym9hcmQtaWQ=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

Ym9hcmQtaXg=

</data>

</dict>

Do we add that in kexts to patch in clover config?

Also where can I find initial information about this?

S

Hi, Thank you for your all effort to this work.

I am using VoodooHDA. Sound is work very well, but apple audio control is not working..It looks like working but actually not working.

If you using VoodooHDA, is it common problem?

my board is Gaming 7, the codec is Creative CA0132 High Definition Audio Chipset

Realtak ALC is not working, only Voodoohda is working in my machine,

Please help me.

Joe

All another

Hi, Thank you for your all effort to this work.

I am using VoodooHDA. Sound is work very well, but apple audio control is not working..It looks like working but actually not working.

If you using VoodooHDA, is it common problem?

my board is Gaming 7, the codec is Creative CA0132 High Definition Audio Chipset

Realtak ALC is not working, only Voodoohda is working in my machine,

Please help me.

Joe

All another

Hi there,

Take a look at this topic you might find it useful.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2194865

Hi there,

Take a look at this topic you might find it useful.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2194865

Thanks for the link, but I could not find the my issue there.

What audio are you using for you MB?

I thought Gaming5 has the same Audio layout with Gaming 7.

If your audio function is working fine, can you provide it to me?

Thank you!!

Joe

Add the code to your config.plist under "Kernel and Kext Patches"

Source: https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/patching-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-kext/

I added the code into config.plist, with the iMac 17,1 smbios and latest nvidia web drivers with the flag nvda_drv=1 still booting to black screen.

Thanks for the link, but I could not find the my issue there.

What audio are you using for you MB?

I thought Gaming5 has the same Audio layout with Gaming 7.

If your audio function is working fine, can you provide it to me?

Thank you!!

Joe

There are some differences in audio chipsets 

Audio

GA-Z170X Gaming 5

1. Realtek® ALC1150 codec
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  4. Support for S/PDIF Out

GA-Z170X Gaming 7

1. Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
  2. Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
  3. TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifier
  4. High Definition Audio
  5. 2/5.1-channel
  6. Support for S/PDIF Out

I personally use VoodooHDA 2.8.8 and there is a new version of it available for download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 V3 in download section.

I've posted some tips about VoodooHDA configurations here at this topic that you might find useful.

here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2199304

If you are going to use toledo's script you got to remove all the related patches from your config.plist. Find anything with HDA name and remove them, save the plist and then run toledo's command. You have to make sure your Layout ID is set to 1 which is the layout for mainboards with 6 audio jacks.

• Like 1

I added the code into config.plist, with the iMac 17,1 smbios and latest nvidia web drivers with the flag nvda_drv=1 still booting to black screen.

I Haven't check the patch myself because I'm using AMD Radeon graphic adapter. But while I was surfing the web I came across a patch called "ADGPFix" which can be found at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/424-agdpfix/

Let me know how it worked out.

Audio

GA-Z170X Gaming 5

2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel

GA-Z170X Gaming 7

4. High Definition Audio
  5. 2/5.1-channel

I personally use VoodooHDA 2.8.8 and there is a new version of it available for download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 V3 in download section.

I've posted some tips about VoodooHDA configurations here at this topic that you might find useful.

here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2199304

If you are going to use toledo's script you got to remove all the related patches from your config.plist. Find anything with HDA name and remove them, save the plist and then run toledo's command. You have to make sure your Layout ID is set to 1 which is the layout for mainboards with 6 audio jacks.

Thank you!!

But is your audio controller working? How do you control your audio strength?

S/P/Audio, I checked all options and It looks like working well, but When I change audio strength, the feedback is changed but the sound strength is the same..

Is it only my problem?

This is very annoying when I play game or watching movies.

Joe.

Audio

GA-Z170X Gaming 5

2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel

GA-Z170X Gaming 7

4. High Definition Audio
  5. 2/5.1-channel

Dear Ciberdev,

Thank you for your support again,

Is the toledo's script working in my System?

I tried it before, but no sound at all with his script. Since my MB's codec is creative, and toledo's sound is based on Realtek. 

Or it should be working in mine? if so, I will try reinstall the realtek.

Joe.

You're welcome.

I use my keyboard to control the volume, I have an Apple wireless keyboard and I use it to adjust the volume. It works just fine.

I didn't understand your problem what do you mean by "feedback is changed but the sound strength is the same"?

You're welcome.

I use my keyboard to control the volume, I have an Apple wireless keyboard and I use it to adjust the volume. It works just fine.

I didn't understand your problem what do you mean by "feedback is changed but the sound strength is the same"?

Sorry, for my bad English. :))

I have wired Corsair Keyboard which has sound controller too. But it was working well in my previous system.

But with VoodooHDA, the adjust the volume feedback is working fine but actual volume is not changed. Good thing is my speaker system has volume controller so I can change volume manually. But you know, it is very annoying work overtime I want change the volume.

I think your's working perfect w/o issue at all, May I see your audio setting and Kernel setting in config.plist?

This is only thing left for my Mac to be perfect. :))

Joe

Your english is quiet good :) I just didn't know what you mean :) .

By the way here is my config.plist settings

oh, So you using realtek not, voodoohda. Yep. ok Now I think Creative codec has some problem.

I wish I have gaming5 not 7. :(

Thank you!!

Joe

oh, So you using realtek not, voodoohda. Yep. ok Now I think Creative codec has some problem.

I wish I have gaming5 not 7. :(

Thank you!!

Joe

I have Realtek codecs here in my kext plist but my active settings works with VoodooHDA

I have Realtek codecs here in my kext plist but my active settings works with VoodooHDA

Hi, again.

So your volume controller working with VoodooHDA.

Can you give me the instruction guide for Audio?

I tried many many times...but only VoodooHDA is working w/o volume controller.

wen I use other board with El Capitan I was using Realtek audio and volume controller was working very well.

So I just want to use Realtek kext.

Please help me. I am noob for DSDT method. I only use clover configurerator and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Thank you!!

Joe

Just wanted to know if you guys did anything to get your USB 3.0 ports up and working at full speed? The 3.0 ports work on my Gaming 5 mobo, but I have a feeling that they are not working at full speed. Transferring videos from my camera takes hours!

Also, are the temp and CPU FAN RPM sensors working properly for you guys?

Hi, again.

So your volume controller working with VoodooHDA.

Can you give me the instruction guide for Audio?

I tried many many times...but only VoodooHDA is working w/o volume controller.

wen I use other board with El Capitan I was using Realtek audio and volume controller was working very well.

So I just want to use Realtek kext.

Please help me. I am noob for DSDT method. I only use clover configurerator and #####.

Thank you!!

Joe

take a look at these instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/?p=2194865

and:

http://www.insanelym...a-or-voodoohda/

Just wanted to know if you guys did anything to get your USB 3.0 ports up and working at full speed? The 3.0 ports work on my Gaming 5 mobo, but I have a feeling that they are not working at full speed. Transferring videos from my camera takes hours!

Also, are the temp and CPU FAN RPM sensors working properly for you guys?

What is your maximum transfer rate? I tested the speed of USB 3.0 on various computers including an original MacBook Pro 15" Late 2015 and an original MacBook Air Late 2015 and my own computer as well and maximum transfer speed is 130 MB/s which is a good speed if you experience lower speed it might be because of various factors. The first factor might be because of misconfigured USB 3.0 settings in config.plist. In theory USB 3.0 can transfer up to 6 Gb/s which is not yet achieved by any external device or I haven't came across one.

I'm using iStatMenu and it seems my sensors are working correctly