El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

Oh, sorry, I forget upload.

http://cl.ly/dtbU

I am looking at this guide about USB 3.0 issue, but I see also do not understand.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html

Here is the thread.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/176407-testing-thread-skylake-platform-os-x.html

Thanks a lot,

But what ever I do I can't get the audio to work, it show the devices and all the input/output sources but still no sound!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot,

But what ever I do I can't get the audio to work, it show the devices and all the input/output sources but still no sound!

Also install VoodooTSCSync.kext and set IOCPUNumber to 3(i5) or 7(i7)

For audio check out my thread, a guy posted how to fix it there. 

Hi Majonez,

good work, thanks.

I do have 16GB 2800 MHz DDR4, but it shows 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4.

Any idea?

Frequency detection is not supported yet, I think it is just a cosmetic thing.

I just patched the size detection, which is essential to the system.

This my CPU Info. Thanks before Majonez :)

http://d-h.st/3ghw

I think, it will work.

@giacomoleopardo No, I'm using the latest stock "Z170XGaming3.f5d":

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2188103

About USB: I'm using the FakePCIID.kext and the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. My ports are working, but I can't test them with USB3 device.

@hashish.k I see that you have a different motherboard (Z170X-UD5). You should patch your DSDT too, and do not use my DSDT to your sys, because it can cause hangs and craches.

• Like 1

Frequency detection is not supported yet, I think it is just a cosmetic thing.

I just patched the size detection, which is essential to the system.

http://d-h.st/3ghw

I think, it will work.

@giacomoleopardo No, I'm using the latest stock "Z170XGaming3.f5d":

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2188103

About USB: I'm using the FakePCIID.kext and the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. My ports are working, but I can't test them with USB3 device.

@hashish.k I see that you have a different motherboard (Z170X-UD5). You should patch your DSDT too, and do not use my DSDT to your sys, because it can cause hangs and craches.

Yey, thanks you very much Majonez. It works :D

Now, i can see multiplier of my cpu again :D

post-1311960-0-78883200-1448312442_thumb.png

Hi Majonez,

Thanks for your input. I have the hardware sensors in my clover/kexts/10.11 and I see that i have power management enabled with the intel power gadget. 

And How do i patch DSDT to enable sleep? sorry DSDT patching is new to me. 

I extracted my DSDT by pressing F4 on the clover screen and I get errors trying to compile the DSDT. I am attaching my DSDT, any help will be appreciated.

DSDT.aml.zip

Actually on my gaming 7 if I change the boot speed between 800 and 1000 mhz it affects what OS X shows for installed memory and speed.  If you have less ram showing change it to whichever one it is not currently set to and then reboot and your memory should show up.

• Like 1

Also install VoodooTSCSync.kext and set IOCPUNumber to 3(i5) or 7(i7)

For audio check out my thread, a guy posted how to fix it there. 

Thanks bomerr,

It seems my sound card doesn't like to play unless i install voodooHDA.

Thanks a lot,

1st, copy and overwrite my EFI folder to your EFI partition. 2rd, remove all about AppleHDA lines from Kernel And Kext Patches. At last, download the audio_cloverALC-110.command.

1st, copy and overwrite my EFI folder to your EFI partition. 2rd, remove all about AppleHDA lines from Kernel And Kext Patches. At last, download the audio_cloverALC-110.command.

I just did that on a fresh OS and the result was I could see the devices in system preferences but there was no sound, none whatsoever.

I also tried what bomerr said but still nothing :(

on the other hand voodooHDA 2.8.8 is working just fine which makes me wonder why toledo's script doesn't work for me.

Maybe that's because i didn't patch the DSDT for my system but as I understand you didn't use DSDT yourself.

The only patch I found in your DSDT was: "Rename HDAS to HDEF" which I used exactly as you did.

One more thing SMBIOS for new iMac 17,1 won't work for me so I have to change it to iMac 15,1 and I wonder why?! 

Another wird thing is every once in a while my system crashes and I get the BIOS error which asked me to load default settings. I patched my BIOS to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries. Does any of you guys having the same problem??

I just did that on a fresh OS and the result was I could see the devices in system preferences but there was no sound, none whatsoever.

I also tried what bomerr said but still nothing :(

on the other hand voodooHDA 2.8.8 is working just fine which makes me wonder why toledo's script doesn't work for me.

Maybe that's because i didn't patch the DSDT for my system but as I understand you didn't use DSDT yourself.

The only patch I found in your DSDT was: "Rename HDAS to HDEF" which I used exactly as you did.

One more thing SMBIOS for new iMac 17,1 won't work for me so I have to change it to iMac 15,1 and I wonder why?! 

Another wird thing is every once in a while my system crashes and I get the BIOS error which asked me to load default settings. I patched my BIOS to disable IOAPIC 24-119 Entries. Does any of you guys having the same problem??

To get audio working with the script you need to first inject the layout ID in clover and add the reset fix.

To fix BIOS reset, enable AppleRTC in clover. 

It's finally working thank you guys for all your efforts and helps.

:)  :)  :)

So has anyone found a working USB 3.0 solution?

All of my USB 3.0 Ports are working with Yassinex's configurations. Thanks again Yassinex.

You can find my GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 Working Solution : Here

- Usb 2.0 and 3.0 and All ports mapped ( Expect 2 internal USB3 ports )

- Internal  + External SATA working. (Intel + ASMEDIA ASM1061 on PCI-E )

- HDMI Audio Working.

- Internal Audio Working.

- Lan Network ( Killer 2200 ) Working.

- Sleep/Wake... Working.

- Cpu SSDT Patch for i7 6700k

- Ram OK

- CPU/GPU ACPI monitoring ok

- Wifi and BT Working oob (  BCM94360CD with PCI-E adapter)

-  A Nvidia GTX 970 (Strix) working with WebDrivers.

- I did not test the Intel Gigabyte LAN

- I did not test the Integrated GPU (Intel 530)

- I tested 3.1 ports ( Type A and C ):  not working ( It uses PCI-E lines )

I'm using the beta BIOS F5c : which activate Thunderbolt 3. You unlock MSR,  disable IOAPIC 24-119 entry with this version VS F4    

Here it is

Thanks : to Pike R Alpha, Andres ZeroCross, Majonéz, RehabMan, Todeleda, Toleda, ammulder,....ad many others.

• Like 3

yassinex: About the thunderbolt. How can I check if board / BIOS has TB3 working? Any new menu / options or something? I have the lesser model next one down on that list - Gaming 3. Which also seems to have a new Beta BIOS published there (co-incidentally also named F5d). It is the same md5 which I posted earlier. There is 1 new BIOS option in the menu about USB 3.1/TB power delivery. Bit I can't see any thunderbolt infos anywhere.

- HDMI Audio Working.

- Sleep/Wake... Working.

- Ram OK

I'm using the beta BIOS F5c : which activate Thunderbolt 3. You unlock MSR,  disable IOAPIC 24-119 entry with this version VS F4    

Here it is

Thanks : to Pike R Alpha, Andres ZeroCross, Majonéz, RehabMan, Todeleda, Toleda, ammulder,....ad many others.

Thanks a lot yassinex,

and thanks to all the gurus for their hard work.

yassinex: About the thunderbolt. How can I check if board / BIOS has TB3 working? Any new menu / options or something? I have the lesser model next one down on that list - Gaming 3. Which also seems to have a new Beta BIOS published there (co-incidentally also named F5d). It is the same md5 which I posted earlier. There is 1 new BIOS option in the menu about USB 3.1/TB power delivery. Bit I can't see any thunderbolt infos anywhere.

You can see it on Windows (Device Manager). You have to install drivers. Use the Gaming 7 TB drivers from Gigabyte website.

There is no known drivers for TB3 on mac atm.

• Like 1

- HDMI Audio Working.

- Sleep/Wake... Working.

- Ram OK

Here it is

- HDMI Audio Working.

- Sleep/Wake... Working.

- Ram OK

Here it is

Great thanks! 

I lose win10 activation when I flash the beta BIOS. So, I keep my BIOS in latest stable, but working fine.

Is there any reason why the gaming 7 motherboard wouldn't work as well as the gaming 5? 

As far as I know there are some differences between Gaming 5 and Gaming 7 which are in Memory support, HDMI 2.0, ASMedia® ASM1061 Controller, etc...

You can see the whole comparison in here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=5481,5498

At first when my attempts failed to install El Capitan on my new Skylake computer I took a shot at good old Yosemite and find out that all my USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports are working. I didn't test USB 3.1 and USB TypeC. everything worked just fine. Yassinex posted his EFI and Config files for EL Capitan and I tested them. Everything works just fine on my computer now and I migrated from Yosemite to El Capitan.

You can give Yassinex's folder a try and see how it works out. 

yah, after a lot of research I think I am just going to go with the gaming 5. The reason I was favoring the 7 over the 5 was because of the fact that the 7 now has thunderbolt support but it looks like that might be coming to the 5. 

Other than that I see no reason to not want the 5 over the 7. To me they are almost the same board with the exception of the audio and usb 2 support which isn't an issue for me. 

edit: after some more research about the audio option on the 7 I have decided that I will be avoiding the 7 in favor of the 5 or possibly the ud5 th.