El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

Yes the average will change because the frequency does change (between 900mhz and 4ghz) but that is the same issue as I'm having.

I have also performed the same steps as yourself with similar results. The Intel power gadget also will not work for me.

So we need to get speed step (Speed Shift for skylake) working.

Yes the average will change because the frequency does change (between 900mhz and 4ghz) but that is the same issue as I'm having.

I have also performed the same steps as yourself with similar results. The Intel power gadget also will not work for me.

So we need to get speed step (Speed Shift for skylake) working.

Yes this is a new challenge which I'm working on too so let's see how it goes.

After a few searches I found a beta version of Pike's ssdtPRGen.sh for skylake and I was able to extract ACPI whit his command but still no luck.

the SSDT I extracted myself and the file ssdtPRGen.sh extracted are almost identical so I guess it must be related to CPUPower management kext or something like that.

I have found a way to fix SpeedStep problem.

I found a kext called AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and copied it to my clover's kext folder and now everything seems to work.

I also found another way to install Intel Power Gadget:

I used a software called "Pacifist"

Open the "Install Intel Power Gadget.kg" with Pacifist, Select "Contents of Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg" hit Command+S or right click on it and select "Install to Default Location". Click "Use Administrative Privileges" then click Install. Type in your password when prompted, when it's done run the application form "Applications" folder.

Cheers!

post-1011040-0-51918500-1453100822_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-72301300-1453101664_thumb.png

I have found a way to fix SpeedStep problem.

I found a kext called AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and copied it to my clover's kext folder and now everything seems to work.

I also found another way to install Intel Power Gadget:

I used a software called "Pacifist"

Open the "Install Intel Power Gadget.kg" with Pacifist, Select "Contents of Install Intel Power Gadget.pkg" hit Command+S or right click on it and select "Install to Default Location". Click "Use Administrative Privileges" then click Install. Type in your password when prompted, when it's done run the application form "Applications" folder.

Cheers!

Can you post the kext plzzz

Thanks, That has certainly helped while using AICPUPMI but HWMonitor is still inaccurate (hasn't changed)

Although i did get a Single-Core Score of 4310 and a Multi-Core Score of 15977 in geekbench.

Good?

CPU Package Frequency changes from x0.0 up to x120.0 while system is idle, on full processing power it sticks to x40.0

There is another patch called AICPMPatch which I didn't run it on my computer because I'm not sure what it does and I don't wanna mess my computer up. But will keep searching.

That's good enough on 64-bit Single-Core I get 4519 and on Multi-Core I get 17427 and with 32-bit I get 4153 on Single-Core and on Multi-Core get 15627

There is another patch called AICPMPatch which I didn't run on my computer because I'm not sure what it does and I don't wanna mess my computer up. But will keep searching.

Its worth a shot, If you post link or kext ill happily give it a go.

I didn't overclock my computer. But I think if you OC you computer you need to change memory frequency in Kernel and Kext Patches if you already added memory info.

But it would be useful if you could post the log or a screenshot of some sort.

As far as AICPUPM log shows CPU frequency won't be lower than 800 MHz and won't be higher than 4200 MHz 

here is what the log says:

1/19/16 10:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 800 MHz

1/19/16 10:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 4000 MHz
1/19/16 10:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 4200 MHz

I checked the log for another CPU on another machine with 3rd generation intel CPU and it says:

1/19/16 10:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 1600 MHz
1/19/16 10:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 3200 MHz
1/19/16 10:28:41.000 AM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 3200 MHz

Patch applied, no positive or negative effect. Still will not idle below 900mhz.

It's good to know that the BIOS update went smoothly but I myself rather to wait for a final release. But thanks for sharing. :)

I have been testing Intel Power Management on some original iMacs and results are the same as I predicted, the frequency of the CPU has a minimum and a maximum and in both cases the frequency switches between those two numbers.

I guess speedstep works as it should be on our systems. Although HWMonitor seems a little bit off but Intel Power Management shows the correct data.

It's good to know that the BIOS update went smoothly but I myself rather to wait for a final release. But thanks for sharing. :)

I have been testing Intel Power Management on some original iMacs and results are the same as I predicted, the frequency of the CPU has a minimum and a maximum and in both cases the frequency switches between those two numbers.

I guess speedstep works as it should be on our systems. Although HWMonitor seems a little bit off but Intel Power Management shows the correct data.

That's good to know that ours is as it should be. I will test some other cpu sensor kexts to see if it corrects hwmonitor.

Here is the Settings I use with VoodooHDA 2.8.8 I haven't installed the V3 version yet but there are no fundamental changes.

Hi, when I do this it doesnt seem to remember the setting after reboot. This is only a problem because the Input Gain gets loaded as very high, and that creates some line noise / feedback. When I reduce the Input Gain control to 0 (zero) in PrefPane, then its fine.

But it always come back / start happening again during the Verbose mode boot sequence.

Hi, when I do this it doesnt seem to remember the setting after reboot. This is only a problem because the Input Gain gets loaded as very high, and that creates some line noise / feedback. When I reduce the Input Gain control to 0 (zero) in PrefPane, then its fine.

But it always come back / start happening again during the Verbose mode boot sequence.

You need to put the VoodooHDA settings loader in your login items or use the new VoodooHDA 2.8.8 v3. I use the latter with no issue.

Google SSDT-i5-6600K.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml and put them under ACPI>Patched under clover's EFI folder. It might solve you hardware monitor problem.

Did it work?

Adding those DSDT into ACPI/patched didnt seem to make any obvious difference. However I did notice already (before doing that) the CPU Freq would turbo up to 4.6 GHz, without any 3.5 Ghz limit. Just had to run a benchmark to make it budy enough. And therefore speedstep working OK because of that too. Which is great :)

Also already had Rehabman FakeSMC kext (& sensors within) from 31st Dec 2015. So maybe we might assume that was why it already worked. As were discussed here shortly afterward. Same thing you recommended.

The only remaining thing I dont see in HWMonitor of iStat Menus is CPU fan speed. So like its missing entirely from sensors (not even 0 rpm anymore). Maybe that can't be fixed anyhows so no problem.

Also tested ASUS BT400 Bluetooth dongle, which work fine automatically. No modification needed.

You need to put the VoodooHDA settings loader in your login items or use the new VoodooHDA 2.8.8 v3. I use the latter with no issue.

Yep. Already did that, before posting msg.

Good to hear that it work out for you :)

if you are using VoodooHDA 2.8.8 V3, all you need to do is to right click ad open the VoodooHDAsettingsLoader and click open. In the new version Mac OS won't let programs to be loaded from unidentified developers, Right click and on the loader and click open and you'll be ok and it will load overtime you reboot.

• Like 1

Updated to OS X 10.11.3 successfully.

Are you guys able to control the FAN/RPM speed using HWMonitor? 

@cyberdevs how do I get you logs? Just have an itch to OC my 6500 to 3.6GHz or higher. 

I have updated to 10.11.3 successfully too no problem so far.

I didn't OC my computer Rajesh, so I'm not sure what kind of log you require, if you be more specific I might be able to help you.

Hi Cyberdevs,

My Noise / Feedback problem seems to be about the iGain default setting. So have seen answer elsewhere on the VoodooHDA sub-forum:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303020-voodoohda-287-feedback/

Problem solved.

I had the same problem with VoodooHDA's Input Gain so after putting the "VoodooHdaSettingsLoader" in login items under user and account preferences and reducing the Input Gain until I didn't hear the static noise and then restarting the computer the noise was completely gone and the input gain adjustment was completely working.

I don't know what might have be the cause for your malfunctioning voodooHDA settings, but as long as you.

The other thing is that I don't use a microphone so there is no feedback noise.

Here is the version of FakeSMC.kext that I'm using maybe it help you with the sensors not showing the right values. The FakeSMC.kext is provided by RehabMan and AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext is provided by Pike.

@Rajesh I was finally able to install Intel Power Management by using pacifist to install the package's content in to its default location you might wanna check that.

FakeSMC.kext.zip

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.zip

OK Thanks.

It seem that if you edit the info.plist inside the VoodooHDA.Kext, then maybe it not necessary to have startup / login SettingsLoader item at all. Shall try removing that (the login item) and also adding the IntelPowerManagement kext next,

Hi dreamcat4,

You're welcome and thanks to you for the tip on VoodooHDA :) Good Job!