El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

So no more black screen?

yes but ran into some other issues with imac 17,1 like my wifi card stopped working. i found a stable config of imac 14,2 smbios and HDMI to monitor (display port would shut off after a few minutes and i'd have to power off the monitor to get it back). i think i'll wait for your guide before i go mucking around again  :)

yes but ran into some other issues with imac 17,1 like my wifi card stopped working. i found a stable config of imac 14,2 smbios and HDMI to monitor (display port would shut off after a few minutes and i'd have to power off the monitor to get it back). i think i'll wait for your guide before i go mucking around again :)

If you have a another working pc why not fiddle? That's what I've done along with my posts. Just play around and see what you can get working.

What are the rest of your system specs?

If you have a another working pc why not fiddle? That's what I've done along with my posts. Just play around and see what you can get working.

What are the rest of your system specs?

Your words inspired me and I successfully switched over to the imac 17,1 profile. Only issues is diplayport still turns off randomly.. HDMI works fine and only 32GB of RAM detected instead of the 64GB that is installed.

Your words inspired me and I successfully switched over to the imac 17,1 profile. Only issues is diplayport still turns off randomly.. HDMI works fine and only 32GB of RAM detected instead of the 64GB that is installed.

Well done. I only use hdmi so I can't help with display port.

As for RAM have you put the details of your sticks in the smbios section?

Hi,

You sould disable sata ssdt drop in the clover config, and your SATA controller will work.

I installed the El Captain on my new Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 mothermoard two days ago, and everything works, including sleep too.

Hi! Since I've the same m/b I used your efi folder (mostly dsdt needing) and some patching on clover plist. Everything is working ok except for iMessage. Do you have yours working? If so how?

Hi! Since I've the same m/b I used your efi folder (mostly dsdt needing) and some patching on clover plist. Everything is working ok except for iMessage. Do you have yours working? If so how?

In order to get Messages to work you need a unique serial number and a MLB number. You can use SMBIOS section in clover configurator to generate serial numbers use that and in Rt Variables you can also generate your MLB.

Here is a link with some useful tips about iMessage check it out.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307076-how-to-enable-imessage/?do=findComment&comment=2152975

As far as I know there is no way to generate for smbios 17,1 which is what I and others are using.

I used my old settings from Mac Pro 3.1 but I can't connect. So I suppose everyone who uses imac 17.1 cannot use iMessage. Is there any other alternative smbios who works with skylake?

Hello, I followed your steps, but my chart does not work with my three monitors,

I have the NVIDIA GTX 660 graphics only VGA monitor connected jerking works.

I have put your EFI folder on my boot.

I installed the QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 346.03.05, but does not work

GA-Z170x gaming 5 : skylake 6700K : nvidia gtx 660 : mem-DDR4,

I personally have no experience with dual or triple monitors as I only have space for one connected via hdmi.

I used my old settings from Mac Pro 3.1 but I can't connect. So I suppose everyone who uses imac 17.1 cannot use iMessage. Is there any other alternative smbios who works with skylake?

You could try the 15,1 or ,2 I can't remember which it is. Just make sure you have a bootable usb in case it doesn't work. Post outcome as I would like to use imessage as well.

As far as I know there is no way to generate for smbios 17,1 which is what I and others are using.

Here is how I did it:

In order to get Messages to work you don't necessarily need to use SMBIOS 17,1 all the valid serial numbers and MLB numbers would work, but if you insist on using SMBIOS for iMac 17,1 here's what you need to do.

First you need the SMBIOS details from 17,1 iMacs which is available here at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308706-imac-172-smbios/

Then you need to select a iMac 15,1 and for "Week of Manufacturer" click "shake" dozen of times and the click "Shake" for Unit number dozen of times, you can shake those numbers as much as you like just to make sure that the serial number has a high chance of being unique, then copy the serial number and paste it into iMac 17,1 SMBIOS and then load the config.plist and from Rt Variables choose ROM then click calculate. copy MLB number and paste it to the MLB field on the top. Save the config file, reboot and try Messages and see if it works.

Hello, I followed your steps, but my chart does not work with my three monitors,
I have the NVIDIA GTX 660 graphics only VGA monitor connected jerking works.
I have put your EFI folder on my boot.

I installed the QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 346.03.05, but does not work

GA-Z170x gaming 5 : skylake 6700K : nvidia gtx 660 : mem-DDR4, 

From graphics section on the clover configurator use graphics, set dual link to 1, set the video ports to a number that matches the actual port numbers on your graphic adapter 4 or 5 or whatever ports you see on your card, click Inject Nvidia and click Load VBios.

I connected one monitor to HDMI and the other one to DVI which is my primary display.

Hello, I have only one monitor connected, HDMI, and continues to see bad, slow screen jumps, which settings should I put for nvidia graphics ?, I have proven removing the nvidia graphics and using the graph of the plate and black screen

You are using a nVidia GTX 6600 which is an old card and must be supported by Mac OS X natively. all you have to do is to set flags to nvda_drv=1 and uncheck nv_disable=1 and the inject Nvidia

If uncheck nv_disable=1 screen black

????

You can either use AGDPfix or Maxwell Enabler or you can edit AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext manually or use this patch : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308790-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-on-the-fly-patching-impossible-alternate-idea-but-still-does-not-seem-to-work/?p=2191169

Well done. I only use hdmi so I can't help with display port.

As for RAM have you put the details of your sticks in the smbios section?

I got everything sorted.. was a bad displayport cable of all things. Strange that my VoodooHDA sound doesn't work now through the mini displayport but it worked through regular displayport. whatever.. i'm sure that's fixable and everything else is working great. i'm pretty stoked.

• Like 1

Hey there,

It reached this point restarts

set nv_disable=1 and uncheck the nvda_drv=1 and try again.

In order to get the fix to work you must install nVida web drivers first and after the installation is complete set those flags back to their original values.

Here is how I did it:

In order to get Messages to work you don't necessarily need to use SMBIOS 17,1 all the valid serial numbers and MLB numbers would work, but if you insist on using SMBIOS for iMac 17,1 here's what you need to do.

First you need the SMBIOS details from 17,1 iMacs which is available here at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308706-imac-172-smbios/

Then you need to select a iMac 15,1 and for "Week of Manufacturer" click "shake" dozen of times and the click "Shake" for Unit number dozen of times, you can shake those numbers as much as you like just to make sure that the serial number has a high chance of being unique, then copy the serial number and paste it into iMac 17,1 SMBIOS and then load the config.plist and from Rt Variables choose ROM then click calculate. copy MLB number and paste it to the MLB field on the top. Save the config file, reboot and try Messages and see if it works.

From graphics section on the clover configurator use graphics, set dual link to 1, set the video ports to a number that matches the actual port numbers on your graphic adapter 4 or 5 or whatever ports you see on your card, click Inject Nvidia and click Load VBios.

I connected one monitor to HDMI and the other one to DVI which is my primary display.

You are using a nVidia GTX 6600 which is an old card and must be supported by Mac OS X natively. all you have to do is to set flags to nvda_drv=1 and uncheck nv_disable=1 and the inject Nvidia

So, after feedling a little a figured out that my Ethernet was en1 so I had problems connecting to Mac App Store and icloud. When I changed it to en0 everything works ok. This was the easiest install since 10.6!

Impossible, I've tried everything, made new facility, but nothing, something escapes.

We have the same parts, motherboard, processor, memory, but something is wrong.

I am ........ Bios F4, you have tried to upgrade to F5H?., It gives me a bit of panic, the first plate I had last week to upgrade to F5H and became unusable, not if the plate was was wrong, or was the update, this is a new board

I didn't update the BIOS I use F4,

Check your BIOS's config and compare it to my first post maybe you missed something.

Try removing all the other hard disk from your system, and make sure your SATA controller is set to AHCI

It's ok I know how you feel, but give it some time it will boot. I used this EFI folder to boot my computer with. some times it takes couple of minutes before loading the mac os x

P.S.

It's weird my system won't boot with that folder either!!