El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

I've updated my bios to latest beta F5H I believe with no issues.[/quote

]

Some improvement with F5H ?

I haven't noticed any improvement. My main reason for updating is to try remove duplicate entries in BBS. Every reboot adds an extra entry.

ame="gorki gorki" post="2212850" timestamp="1454450900"]

I haven't noticed any improvement. My main reason for updating is to try remove duplicate entries in BBS. Every reboot adds an extra entry.

Did it solve the bulk entries? It's so annoying, every once in a while i have to remove them manually and what about IOAPIC did they put it in the bios by default or it's still missing?

Did it solve the bulk entries? It's so annoying, every once in a while i have to remove them manually and what about IOAPIC did they put it in the bios by default or it's still missing?

No it hasn't solved the bogus entries and yes ioapic is still an option in bios.

it's a shame I have another computer with an ASUS mainboard which has no problem with those bogus entries and works great with El Capitan

@gorki gorki

Try the latest EFI i uploaded and let me know if it worked.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2212873

Have exact same issue on ga-z170x gaming 3, all the way up to latest f5m firmware.

Now I have 2 disks, one is windows 10. However someone else on tmacx86 thread said he has same problem with only the mac disk and nothing else. He also suggested to maybe try removing the apple rescue / recovery partition. But have not heard anything back.

Also: at time people with other Manufacturer's boards say there is same problem. Or with linux. So its rather confusing to know what is what.

it's a shame I have another computer with an ASUS mainboard which has no problem with those bogus entries and works great with El Capitan

@gorki gorki

Try the latest EFI i uploaded and let me know if it worked.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2212873

My asus laptop gives me no grief, running windows 10 on ssd and el capitan on a external.

With my desktop I have windows 10 as drive 0 and clover is on drive 1 with Mac os. Unsure if it's the order of things or maybe need to install osx first on drive 0 then leaving that drive in install win 10 on drive 1. Dunno.

There a 3 things with the desktop which still niggle at me.

1. Bogus entries.

2. Still not 100% convinced on power management.

3. Sleep doesn't work but I think it's due to aio liquid cooler and when waking I get messages about usb devices being disconnected improperly.

Have exact same issue on ga-z170x gaming 3, all the way up to latest f5m firmware.Now I have 2 disks, one is windows 10. However someone else on tmacx86 thread said he has same problem with only the mac disk and nothing else. He also suggested to maybe try removing the apple rescue / recovery partition. But have not heard anything back.Also: at time people with other Manufacturer's boards say there is same problem. Or with linux. So its rather confusing to know what is what.

Yes me too on the same board, updated to the latest firm but nothing fixed. I also noticed that sometimes when I boot in bios I can't change the boot order of my drives, I have to manually select my drive and through pressing space get it all the way up where I need it. BUT my biggest problem is I can't get my pc to sleep nor with win10 or El Capitan. It goes to sleep for a second and then wakes up again. Is your sleep working at least on win?

I only have Mac OS X on my system. I didn't install windows so the problem is not related to the number of partition which mac os x or/and windows is installed. The problem is in UEFI management either with clover boot loader or BIOS itself.

Regarding the sleep, it doesn't work either but I thought the problem is because of AMD GPUs, so it's confirmed that on nVidia it doesn't work too?!

Yes me too on the same board, updated to the latest firm but nothing fixed. I also noticed that sometimes when I boot in bios I can't change the boot order of my drives, I have to manually select my drive and through pressing space get it all the way up where I need it. BUT my biggest problem is I can't get my pc to sleep nor with win10 or El Capitan. It goes to sleep for a second and then wakes up again. Is your sleep working at least on win?

Windows 10 sleeps perfectly fine on my system.

I only have Mac OS X on my system. I didn't install windows so the problem is not related to the number of partition which mac os x or/and windows is installed. The problem is in UEFI management either with clover boot loader or BIOS itself.

Regarding the sleep, it doesn't work either but I thought the problem is because of AMD GPUs, so it's confirmed that on nVidia it doesn't work too?!

Sleep is not working on my os x 10.11.3 with nvidia graphics.

Yes I have an old nvidia gtx260 and sleep doesn't work on either o.s.

Windows 10 sleeps perfectly fine on my system.

Sleep is not working on my os x 10.11.3 with nvidia graphics.

On a ga-z170x gaming 3?

If it boots, but black screen, I tried to nvda_drv = 1, black screen

nv_disable = 1, just display dvi but as before continuously flashing screen, HDMI lod not start, I will continue testing more options

I tested it without any injections for graphic adapters and it automatically detected my AMD Radeon 5770 and acceleration works completely, I tested it with DVI and everything was ok just didn't test it with HDMI.

Does it recognize your VGA when booting OS X or not?

my biggest problem is I can't get my pc to sleep nor with win10 or El Capitan. It goes to sleep for a second and then wakes up again. Is your sleep working at least on win?

Hi John,

Yes, sleep is working for me on win10. Since i dont care about sleep have not tested it on mac. It is not the mobo.

I have only Intel iGP graphics at the moment. So what you are describing sounds like an issue either with your very old GPU, or else some other attached pheripheral(s) not letting it go to sleep.

So you only have to test 2 situation:

1) disconnect all possible pheripherals (including mouse and keyboard, or use different ones)

2) disconnect graphics card, reboot with intel iGP

Sleep can be stopped for many reasons. Check windows event log.

Yes I'll check it with windows event log. It also doesn't work in Osx either but since I haven't managed to make it work under win I didn't look into it for the moment. I'll post an update

I also quoted gigabyte about it and about multiple hdd entries in bios

Yes I'll check it with windows event log. It also doesn't work in Osx either but since I haven't managed to make it work under win I didn't look into it for the moment. I'll post an update

I also quoted gigabyte about it and about multiple hdd entries in bios

It is no point trying to debug OS X sleep until you have fixed sleep in windows. Just physically disconnect suspicious devices. Its easier than checking event log.

Great. Please let us know what gigabyte says about the multiple HDD entries. We are all dying to know what the problem is.

Your Graphic Adapter is 660 not 6600 edit it in your signature

try using this id

0x011c0

GK106 [GeForce GTX 660]

and disable Intel Graphics in the bios just to make sure it doesn't interfere with you discreet graphics

no you have to put the device id under devices section

ig-platform-id is for intel graphics

remove all the data you inserted in those fields

if that didn't work use this one instead 0x11c10de

post-1011040-0-24033700-1454622824_thumb.png

Hi chris111 welcome.

gorki gorki don't give up test chris111's solution I hope it works but if it didn't we'll find out a way to get your computer to work.

It took me a month to get my computer up and running.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to give up, it's crazy, I'll see later, thanks for your help

Your trying to run an operating system that is made from scratch to run on apple hardware. It's not going to be easy but it can be done. Don't give up, read, learn, practice, fail then start all over again. We have all been through it.

So after contacting Gigabyte they asked me to send them over pictures of the multiple hdd entries in bios. They also send me a new beta bios but problem still exists. i managed to solve my sleep problems both in windows and OS X but now I'm facing the problem that many people have in OS X. After sleep i get a full of static sound i have to reboot. Any solutions?

• Like 1

Good to know that everything is working gorki,

So after contacting Gigabyte they asked me to send them over pictures of the multiple hdd entries in bios. They also send me a new beta bios but problem still exists. i managed to solve my sleep problems both in windows and OS X but now I'm facing the problem that many people have in OS X. After sleep i get a full of static sound i have to reboot. Any solutions?

John_s

You didn't tell me in which OS you have static sounds, Mac OS X or Windows?