El Capitan on GA-Z170X-Gaming 5

Cyberdevs

769 posts in this topic

OK I now have graphics sorted as well as sound but I'm having issues choosing an smbios to match my i7-6700k the 17,1 does not show all cores/threads. Have I done something wrong?

You've got to add SMBIOS info to your config.plist with text edit because Clover Configurator doesn't support iMac 17,1 yet.

See this link for iMac 17 SMBIOS details.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308706-imac-172-smbios/

I don't see my:

* True CPU speed

* CPU PWM fan speed ("0 rpm")

In HWMonitor. Didn't try iStat.

The other things like temps etc display all seem to display OK.

Google SSDT-i5-6600K.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml and put them under ACPI>Patched under clover's EFI folder. It might solve you hardware monitor problem.

• Like 1

There are some differences in audio chipsets

Audio

GA-Z170X Gaming 5

• Realtek® ALC1150 codec
  • High Definition Audio
  • 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  • Support for S/PDIF Out

GA-Z170X Gaming 7

• Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
  • Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
  • TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifier
  • High Definition Audio
  • 2/5.1-channel
  • Support for S/PDIF Out

I personally use VoodooHDA 2.8.8 and there is a new version of it available for download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 V3 in download section.

I've posted some tips about VoodooHDA configurations here at this topic that you might find useful.

here is the link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309352-el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-gaming-5/?p=2199304

If you are going to use toledo's script you got to remove all the related patches from your config.plist. Find anything with HDA name and remove them, save the plist and then run toledo's command. You have to make sure your Layout ID is set to 1 which is the layout for mainboards with 6 audio jacks.

Which option for the z170x gaming 5 would I choose from in 2.8.8 v3?

Please excuse if images are too large unsure how to upload correctly. HWInfo is only showing 2 frequencies for my CPU x9 and x40 does not seem right for a i7-6700k. Please help.

post-1083558-0-03263300-1452728979_thumb.pngpost-1083558-0-39566200-1452728986_thumb.png

I have run ssdtprgn and put the ssdt in efi -> clover -> acpi -> patched. Disabled all ssdt in clover and dropped oem but those settings won't boot to osx I just get the black screen with the O with a / through it.

Regarding your hardware sensors, my Hardware monitor doesn't show the FAN speed maybe because I don't use the correct hardware sensors.

And regarding the second comment you posted i guess you have to use you're USB installer's clover and instead of booting into the installer choose your internal hard disk which has the OS X on it and boot into it and redo whatever change you made to your clover's config.

Regarding your hardware sensors, my Hardware monitor doesn't show the FAN speed maybe because I don't use the correct hardware sensors.

And regarding the second comment you posted i guess you have to use you're USB installer's clover and instead of booting into the installer choose your internal hard disk which has the OS X on it and boot into it and redo whatever change you made to your clover's config.

That's what I have been doing....using the usb to boot the ssd if I muck it up.

The problem is not fans though, it's my cpu speedstep. I only have 2. 900mhz and 4ghz there doesn't seem to be anything in between. That is what my screen shots are showing.

@savage001

make sure Generate PStates and Generate CStates are ticked in clover's Acpi under SSDT.

OK thanks for confirming that.

I'll be checking different sensors to see if I can't get the fan speed sensor to work, and I'll get back to you with the results.

Hey Guys,

I came across a post regarding HWMonitor and it's working great.

This was posted by Allan at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310288-which-fakesmc/?p=2204791

All the sensors are working and the version on RehabMan's FakeSMC.kext is flawless.

All you have to do is to download the FakeSMC.kext from the link and follow these instructions.

1. Right click on FakeSMC.kext and click "Show Package Contents"

2. Create a new folder under "Contents" folder and rename it to "Plugins"

3. Copy these files to Plugins folder: (You can rename these files and remove the "FakeSMC_" part)

FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext or ACPISensors.kext

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext or CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext or GPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext or LPCSensors.kext

4. Replace your old FakeSMC.kext under clover's EFI folder with the new one

5. Reboot and lunch the HWMonitor and see the magic

Thanks to RehabMan and Allan

Hey Guys,

I came across a post regarding HWMonitor and it's working great.

This was posted by Allan at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310288-which-fakesmc/?p=2204791

All the sensors are working and the version on RehabMan's FakeSMC.kext is flawless.

All you have to do is to download the FakeSMC.kext from the link and follow these instructions.

1. Right click on FakeSMC.kext and click "Show Package Contents"

2. Create a new folder under "Contents" folder and rename it to "Plugins"

3. Copy these files to Plugins folder: (You can rename these files and remove the "FakeSMC_" part)

4. Replace your old FakeSMC.kext under clover's EFI folder with the new one

5. Reboot and lunch the HWMonitor and see the magic

Thanks to RehabMan and Allan

Good looking out, works a treat for me.

Still having speed set issues though, cpu is either @ 4ghz or 900mhz

post-1083558-0-24893500-1452928896_thumb.png

These two files are two different files, SSDT.aml is for the mainboard and all its resources such as CPU, USB hubs, SATA ports etc. and SSDT-i7-6700K.aml is specifically for your cpu, google it and put it in your ACPI>Patched folder and see if it fixes the speedstep problem you are having.

These two files are two different files, SSDT.aml is for the mainboard and all its resources such as CPU, USB hubs, SATA ports etc. and SSDT-i7-6700K.aml is specifically for your cpu, google it and put it in your ACPI>Patched folder and see if it fixes the speedstep problem you are having.

So your speedstep is working? What are your acpi clover settings?

Do you mean this .zip file dated 30th December 2015(or newer)?

RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-1230.zip  2.6 MB

yes it does, it changes the value up to 4.0 GHz

You don't use a FakeCPUID in your config.plist by any chance do you?

I don't think so but I'll check tomorrow and post back.

I'll also check which kexts I have in clover folder.

After monitoring my CPU frequencies for couple of minutes I realized my CPU Package multiplier only changes between x9.0 and x40.0 too but CPU package average changes from 1.25 GHz Up to 4.0 GHz

I launched the following commands in terminal:

curl -o ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh

and here is the result:

Error: Unknown processor model ...

Visit http://ark.intel.comto gather the required data:

Processor Number

TDP

Low Frequency Mode (use AppleIntelInfo.kext)

Base Frequency

Max Turbo Frequency

Cores

Threads

Aborting ...

Done.

When I eariler said my speedstep is working I tought it does because of the changes in the CPU frequencies but I guess I was wrong about that. My Bad!

I also can't install Intel Power Gadget, and I don't know why.