[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

Hi all

First thank you very mucht for this great tutorial-

I have bought a dell optiplex 780 with an nvidia gforce 210 grafic card.

now i have created the usb stick and i try to boot from the stick but i get this error Messages

Can someone tell me whats wrong with my dell or stick ?

thank you very much for your help

mandragora

post-939632-0-30480200-1467115880_thumb.jpg

post-939632-0-32288700-1467115885_thumb.jpg

@mandragora

Did you follow Part 5, step 6 from post 1?

On the installer USB, use clover configurator to mount the EFI...

6. Open EFI Partition, then open EFI Folder, copy and paste the clover folder from Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip, to the EFI Folder, choose to replacefolder.

There are 2 different DSDT's in the Optiplex 780 (760) folder. Copy the appropriate DSDT for your installation to: EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

@mandragora

Use the Generic DSDT as you have an NVIDIA card

Hi ij88

thank you.

i doit like in the tutorial.

i have copyed the files again and now ist booting but with a new error:

Sound Assertion in AppleHdaDriver at line xxxxxxx

an hangs at this Point :(

new Problem but i hope you can help me again.

thank you

mandragora

@mandragora

It's sounds to me like you have copied over everything from the Optiplex 780 zip...

You just need to copy the Clover folder only. Then go in to clover/acpi/patched and paste in the generic DSDT from the optiplex 780 zip

Please upload your EFI folder as Polyzargone has advised...

I still haven't figured out how to upload files via insanely Mac as I am fairly new to this forum...

A tip if you can't figure it out either...

I found it easier to upload files to google drive or Dropbox to send a link when people have helped me on here

Cheers

Thanks Polzargone :-)  I couldn't find the upload tool?

@mandragora

I just pulled my working Optiplex 780 out of the cupboard and took the SSD out...  I pulled my EFI and uploaded it to dropbox for you.

Download this

Take a look at the screenshot.  When you load your EFI via Clover configurator... Open EFI partition on the desktop...  Once opened, this screenshot is how it should look.  Delete everything other than boot and copy the EFI folder that I have included to match my screenshot.  This has a working DSDT for NVIDIA and your config.plist in.

It should get you up and running.  You can then follow the guide from post 1 to patch your audio etc.

Hope that it helps

Cheers

Hi all.

thank you for your answers.

@iJ88

i have downloaded your zip file and have replaced it as you describe but still the same error.

http://screenpresso.com/=831lc

i have attached my EFI folder from my usb stick (still at the moment the files from iJ88)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhx27h49zgitnm4/EFI.zip?dl=0

Dont know whats happend on booting up.

thank you very much again for all your help

Hi Guys, 

I wish to upgrade my Dell 760 hackintosh by replacing my hard disk drive with a new SSD drive and rebuild my hackintosh completely. Is there any boot arguments or steps that I have to take within clover to make my new SSD bootable. On first try I am getting ACPI kernel Panics.

I would install Clover on your new SSD and then copy Clover folder from old EFI partition, on your HDD, to the new EFI partition, on SSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all

Good news..

I have created a brand new installation on my usb stick and now it works without problems.

dont know whats happend before

many many many thx for this great tutorial and your support.

i´m very very happy with my new el capitan installation on my dell optiplex 780 :)

thank you all and have a nice evening.

KR

mandragora

• Like 2

Hi again...

I have few problems that occour.

When my Opitplex is going to standby after powering up my mouse and keyboard doesnt work anymore or my system freezes. (at this moment i cannot sag whats wron exactly)

After reboot everything is working well.

Second problem is when i copy some files to my server from time to time my system doesnt work not more.

First my network connection is broken (i get this info from apps they are started) and i´m not able to start some apps more.

Mousepointer is spinning and spinning.

After reboot everything is fine again.

When i work normaly this problem doesnt occour.

I think when some traffic goes over the network card my system crashes with this sympthomes.

have anybody some idea how i can fix this two problems.

thank you again for helping me.

KR

mandragora

• 2 weeks later...

<offtopic>

@morpheousman (only for Dell Inspiron 3520, not for Optiplex)

I can not upload with Messenger.

try this:

>file deleted<

LayoutID is 3  !!!!!!!

</offtopic>

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, guys! 

Using this tutorial I was able, 4 months ago, to install El Capitan on my Dell Optiplex 790 DT that was`t being used.

I used to have a Macbook pro Late 2011, but my Optiplex showed me that has more performance than the tired macbook pro 2011.

Now, my primary computer is the optiplex, but the only one thing missing is a good graphics card (I have a ATI 6450 with sleep bug, it does`t wake).

I'd like to know your experience with a more modern graphics card (ex GTX 750, 950, 960 etc) in order to finish my setup. 

Is there the same bug as my  ATI 6450 (the computer sleeps, but can`t come back, no video)?

How is the sleep when using a nvidia? I would buy a new graphics card just for this 'working feature'.

Thank you, this is a great community! 

@pedroken It might not even be a graphics card related issue.. It seems to be a common issue for sleep when using USB wifi dongle for internet and or any type of other usb hardware like blueetooth etc.. If you do, try removing any other usb peripherals from the machine and try to wake up from sleep again. I could almost guarantee you that it'd work as long as your bios settings is correct.  Make sure that your wake from lan is disabled under bios also.

Kernel Panics around the AppleAHCIPort.kext when installing 10.9.2 and newer, including 10.11.6 on Optiplex 755. How did you decide this? 

Optiplex 755 owners, could you share your EFI-folder or DSDT, please? I need to analyze it  :) 

SATA Operation – AHCI.

Hi guys,

I have the new appleALC recompiled with the data for Optiplex 780 (760).
Please do not redistribute! Only for our experiments.
Tested with Dell Optiplex 780 under macOS Sierra DP3 - works well.

Manual:
-LayoutID 1
-Install Original (Vanilla) AppleHDA
-Install AppleALC with KextUtility to S/L/E
on the fly User:
-delete realtekALC.kext of Clovers Kext folder
-delete Kext-To-Patch entries in config.plist
- Start with bootflag (boot args) -alcbeta (at Sierra works only so, with 10.11, 10.10 ???)

Credits/Sources:
Copyright © 2016 vit9696 !!!
thanks to vit9696, vandroiy2012, Toleda, Mirone and all the others
InsanelyMac
root86

have fun  :wub:

Edit:
In the next version (1.0.13.RELEASE), it is then in the official package with LayoutID 11
  • Like 1

Hey guys, after trying for weeks to save my beloved Dell, I have to try on another computer because I need my data...

My question: I need a driver for the ATI 5450 video card. What do I have to modify in the DSDT.aml from this (or the 10.10 version) thread to use it on another PC? I'm confused! :/