[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Help me I have a frustrating problem with the graphic card black screen (Not signal)and I tried it with 2 graphics cards (GTX 285 AND GT 210) only works with nv_disable = 1 but the eternal graphic does not work and the graphics cards and the captain works perfectly in another Motherboard different :cry: (OPTIPLEX-755)

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting the dead and hope for help:

I'm still on 10.11.6 and just got myself a new BT USB adapter but for the heck of it I can't get it to work. PnP doesn't work and RehabMans Brtcm PatchROM don't work either eventhough the ID/Chipset is in the supported list.

The device is listed under "About this Mac/System Report.../USB" but not in the Bluetooth department.

Interesting fact: There is no bluetooth setting under "System Preferences".

Specs:

iAmotus Bluetooth USB Dongle

Chipset: Broadcom BCM20702

ID: 0a5c:21ec

USB 3.0

Any idea?

post-658904-0-94673200-1515507381_thumb.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread has been a big help for me to get my dell optiplex 755 to work. However, I have a big issue relating the USB ports. The way i installed it was using a windows machine i used a el pwn dmg file and made a bootable usb with transmac. I managed to install el capitan using Legacy mode in bios on drives operation and using the boot flag nv_disable=1. Then i installed the nvidia web drivers before i installed clover and managed to make it work 100% by using again legacy mode but this time I used nvda_drv=1. After i followed this thread and succesfully installing clover, booting wirh my gpu wouldnt work, it would result in the screen not receiving signal half way through the boot. I managed to fix this by changing the system definition to imac14,2 and it worked, the gpu worked but now none of my USB ports work. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT710 and before you say i should of installed sierra, my cpu (core 2 quad q6600) is not supported.

What do i need to do to get my usb ports working? The usb ports work in the clover bootloader but not in the actual os

I supposed you're using USB_Injector.kext from Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3.zip right?

If so, try this one :

Yes I was, do I put it in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 or do i install it in S/L/E?

I also tried to change the references of imac10,1 in the info.plist file in the kext but it resulted in me getting the prohibited sign on boot

In EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 or EFI/Clover/kexts/Other it will be just fine.

I also tried to change the references of imac10,1 in the info.plist file in the kext but it resulted in me getting the prohibited sign on boot

Hmmm… That's basically what I did :P.

Anyway, just try it and we'll see.

In EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 or EFI/Clover/kexts/Other it will be just fine.

Hmmm… That's basically what I did :P.

Anyway, just try it and we'll see.

I did and its still the same issue, booting with -v shows some kind of loop regarding the USB Ports. I'm very confused as to why

post-2269309-0-16736100-1519689054_thumb.jpg

Yes, just rename the original to say, config2.plist and you'll be able to load it at the Clover boot screen. You'll have to hit the O key (not the 0) and choose config.

Unfortunately it did not work, booted to the login screen but no USB ports working

What Kexts are responsible for the usb ports in the Clover Bootloader? As the USB ports work in clover. I'm thinking maybe I could bring the responsible kexts on to the actual os like install them with Kext Wizard

Well I guess that's because USB port mapping is different on 755 series… You could try USBInjectAll.kext to see if you can determine the correct ports number.

How will I go about using this kext and determining the correct ports number? I apologise for the high number of questions, i am quite new to the Hackintosh scene

First, put USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or Other (this folder will load any kext regardless the running macOS version).

Second but optional, add this in Kernel and Kext Patches of you config.plist :

Name : AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Find : 83bd8cfe ffff10

Replace : 83bd8cfe ffff1f

Comment : 10.11 change 15 port limit to 30

MatchOS : 10.11.x

Reboot and pray that all your USB ports will work :P !

First, put USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 or Other (this folder will load any kext regardless the running macOS version).

Second but optional, add this in Kernel and Kext Patches of you config.plist :

Name : AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Find : 83bd8cfe ffff10

Replace : 83bd8cfe ffff1f

Comment : 10.11 change 15 port limit to 30

MatchOS : 10.11.x

Reboot and pray that all your USB ports will work :P !

Unfortunately still doesn't work.

Also one other thing I tried before trying the USBInjectAll.kext method was to go to S/L/E, find IOUSBHostfamily.kext, find AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext and find iMac14,2 and chance EHC1 and EHC2 to EHC01 and EHC02 respectively, this didnt work either

What Kexts are responsible for the usb ports in the Clover Bootloader? As the USB ports work in clover. I'm thinking maybe I could bring the responsible kexts on to the actual os like install them with Kext Wizard

There's no kext responsible for the USB port in Clover. Not sure what you mean by 'As the USB ports work in clover' :unsure:.

In short, Apple has changed its USB management since El Capitan and that's why we need to use Injectors to bypass the limits they have set. So basically, you need to tell where are your USB ports in a kext so macOS will see them.

Unfortunately, it's hard to tell where are those addresses since you can't even boot in macOS with at least one working.

Maybe you can try another SMBios that will enable both USB ports and GTX graphics. I suggest you to try the iMac12,2 for instance.

Of course, you'll also need to edit the info.plist of USBInjector.kext accordingly!

And remove both USBInjectAll.kext and Kext Patches in config.plist.

There's no kext responsible for the USB port in Clover. Not sure what you mean by 'As the USB ports work in clover' :unsure:.

In short, Apple has changed its USB management since El Capitan and that's why we need to use Injectors to bypass the limits they have set. So basically, you need to tell where are your USB ports in a kext so macOS will see them.

Unfortunately, it's hard to tell where are those addresses since you can't even boot in macOS with at least one working.

Maybe you can try another SMBios that will enable both USB ports and GTX graphics. I suggest you to try the iMac12,2 for instance.Of course, you'll also need to edit the info.plist of USBInjector.kext accordingly!

And remove both USBInjectAll.kext and Kext Patches in config.plist.

I really have no clue why my machine is doing this, I have tried the iMac12,2 definition and it would do the same as iMac10,1 which is that it would cut signal half way through the boot

I can boot into MacOS using the iMac10,1 system definition config.plist with nv_disable=1 and all the USB ports work but I of course, the Nvdia drivers are disabled

I managed to install el capitan using Legacy mode in bios on drives operation and using the boot flag nv_disable=1. Then i installed the nvidia web drivers before i installed clover and managed to make it work 100% by using again legacy mode but this time I used nvda_drv=1.

Actually, you shouldn't need to install the webdrivers with a GT710 so question is : did you try without them?

BTW, what's the video output you're using for your monitor?

Actually, you shouldn't need to install the webdrivers with a GT710 so question is : did you try without them?BTW, what's the video output you're using for your monitor?

Yup, I just uninstalled the drivers and booted on the iMac10,1 system definition config and it restarted half way through. The computer just reebots half way through the boot

It is really weird as to why my usb ports and gpu worked before i installed clover

I'm using VGA but i tried HDMI and the display port and I got the same result

Well, are you sure you installed Clover the right way on your HDD? I mean, did you copy/replace (and not merged) the whole CLOVER folder of your USB pen to the EFI partition of your HDD?

Sorry, it's very late here in France so I'll come back after sleep :).

Well, are you sure you installed Clover the right way on your HDD? I mean, did you copy/replace (and not merged) the whole CLOVER folder of your USB pen to the EFI partition of your HDD?

I followed the exact steps other than the fact that my USB stick couldnt have clover as i only had access to a Windows machine so i had to use EL Pwn Version.dmg and Transmac to make the USB Stick bootable. I then followed the exact procedures of installing the Clover Bootloader, and copying the CLOVER folder from the provided Zip file to the EFI partition, then I copied the generic DSDT file to ACPI/Patched, followed by the installation of the Nvidia Web Drivers. This was the second time I installed OS X El Capitan.

The first time was exactly the same except for the fact that I installed the Web Drivers first and that's how I know that the Drivers and USB ports were working. However now mentioning it I do remeber that the default SMBIOS was on mac1,1. I will try that system definition and see if it works

EDIT: it does not work, gives me prohibited sign straight after selecting the boot disk