[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

@pastrychef

So no webdrivers at all ? :o

Also, I see that you're using the DSDT AND the iMac10,1 SMBios ? So it would mean that they're both OK for this GFX.

Interesting…

May I ask you what's the brand of this GT 730 ? Mine is a Gainward and as Theoprofil, it won't work until I install them.

Oops.   I'm sorry.  I have a GT 630, not a GT 730.

Yes, it worked without need for Nvidia web drivers but can also work with them.  After you boot in to your Optiplex, you can download and install the web drivers if you wish.  This is what I did.

Yes, I am using the DTST and config.plist from post #1.  They are fine for my GT 630.  

I have a Zotac brand GT 630.

post-47840-0-56703300-1464565478_thumb.png

Please ignore that it reports my CPU as Xeon.  It is in fact just a Q9550S.

Well, don't get me wrong too :P !

I have absolutely nothing against the idea to add an appendix to the guide. But in case you've missed it, I'm not the OP of this guide and I have no rights to do so ;).===>>>I really don't care for the Appendix. But i care for people have the same GT 720  :yes: It's a pity to abandon the installation project of disappointments . 

Now, if we sum-up a little bit what happened to you, there are some paths that can be investigated (and this is my whole point here : trying to understand why and what fails) :

- Is the GT 720 not the culprit ? To me, this is very likely. As I said, I own a GT 730 that I would never buy/advice again for this reason : Fake Kepler.===>>>100% definitely it is. I also tried the same GT 720 on my dell precision. I manage to make the card work with web drivers BUT i couldnt manage to have 100% native resolution. I have a difficult monitor attached to my precision. A LG ULTRAWIDE 21:9 27" 2560X1080. The resolution the GT 720 gave me was 1920X1080. Also million experiments on my precision with the same bad bad bad god damn card. Stay away from this card. 

- Is the SMBios not the culprit ?--->>> No it is not i guess. If i have a GT 740 for example i think it would be like a piece of cake to do the installation. But on Hackintosh scene NEVER TO SAY NEVER.

- Is the DSDT the culprit ?--->>>The DSDT in combination with MacPro SMBIOS give problems with the usb ports. But the dsdt has nothing in common with the bad 720. 

I definitely don't understand nor see why nv_disavle=1 didn't worked. I mean, it's a totally standard boor-arg that works regardless the bootloader, the hardware (NVIDIA of course), the software (DSDT/SMBios actually) or even the fact that it's a Hack or a Mac. His job is to disable all nvidia related kexts so you don't have to care about the GFX is supported or not. Basically, it tells OS X : don't load any NVIDIA kexts and use VESA drivers (the same used in Safe mode).---->>> Absolutely right! I can't understand it too. It make no sense. It is a boot argument. The GT 720 was unconsiusness with this boot argument! Yes i know it is unbelievable.... But happened!

But if you say you never achieved to make it work, that's OK and I believe you. No problem. --->>>i appreciate very much you believe me. We already saw here some Radeon HD 5450 that prevented people from installing until they unplug them, install OS X and replug them after. Really strange but why not ?---->>> Really? Hmm crazy Hackintosh things happen around...  :rofl:

I totally agree when you say that one should not be sure of anything when it comes to Mackintosh :).--->>>Only a stupid selfish could not agree with this. And you are very smart.  :)

Back to investigation, I was just wondering if just changing the SMBios w/o the need to unplug the GT 720 AND remove the Generic DSDT wouldn't be enough to get the install screen. You're right when you suspect it and I also think that it might be the real culprit in all of this. ---->>>Probably i guess i could. But i don't have the courage to try it. Sorry i am tired of the 12 hours experiments...  :P I am sure, i can say that it will be a 100% hit. But who knows...?

That's why I proposed you to try booting with the Generic DSDT. If it's a success, you'll have the possibility to get both native AppleHDA sound and hopefully working sleep/wake :D.--->>>I tried that. I have reboots after the verbose and before the GUI. I tried also (after installation) the generic  DSDT with SMBIOS of MacPro but i didn't have USBs so i couldn't move my mouse and i couldn't type something with the keyboard. 

PS : Ideally, we all should have a self-patched DSDT for every single Optiplex models. Sadly, I'm not skilled enough to do that. The best I can do is to try. So if you provide a dump of clean ACPI files (hit F4 at Clover's boot menu and post zipped folder of EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin), I could try some things.--->>> Ok this is easy i guess and i can do it but will the dump ACPI files be in common with my BIOS settings? Can you reply this question? 

But again, I really doubt that the DSDT has something to do here. But again (again), I totally agree when you say "my experience so far in Hackintosh scene, taught me NOT to believe that everything is obvious and "because THIS then THAT.".---->>>> The problem is that although the generic DSDT worked perfect with the MacPro SMBIOS when i arrived at the installation screen with success and i had to go to disk utility to format the drive i could move my mouse and i could't even use any button on my keyboard. e.g. the TAB button. So it was impossible to go farther and proceed.... Got it? I wrote it: Million of experiments i did...  :rofl:

@ Theoprofil:

Hello.  I also had a bit of difficulty with my Optiplex 780 with GT 730.  Here is what I did to get everything working:

1.  Install OS X El Capitan to a new drive from a working Mac or hackintosh.

2.  When installation is done, run Clover and install the Clover boot loader on to the same drive.

3.  Copy the Clover folder to the EFI partition.

4.  Copy the DTST to the EFI partition.

5.  Shut down and move the drive to your Optiplex and boot up.

For me, everything works including GT 730, sleep/wake, audio over HDMI.  I had slight problem with ethernet but I figured out a workaround.

Thanks for the feedback. I never could thought something like that. Now you make me a better Hackintosher! Nice and smart idea to something like this! The HDMI audio is native or HDMI.kext? (HDMI.kext) has disgusting quality. Much more worser than the disgusting quality of VoodooHD.About the ethernet problem i am pretty sure that it is in common with the revision and the settings of your BIOS. I am sure 100%! Different Bioses need different DSDTS. e.g i ALWAYS disable the serial and parallel ports to every BIOS. And it works like a charm. Because a real original Mac has never parallel or serial ports. Keep  this as a Hint.  :hysterical:

Oops.   I'm sorry.  I have a GT 630, not a GT 730.

Yes, it worked without need for Nvidia web drivers but can also work with them.  After you boot in to your Optiplex, you can download and install the web drivers if you wish.  This is what I did.

Yes, I am using the DTST and config.plist from post #1.  They are fine for my GT 630.  

I have a Zotac brand GT 630.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-05-29 at 7.42.39 PM.png

Please ignore that it reports my CPU as Xeon.  It is in fact just a Q9550S.

You are gonna make us crazy man!  :hysterical:  Anyway no problems! Everybody has the right to write something wrong! No worries!

I tried that. I have reboots after the verbose and before the GUI. I tried also (after installation) the generic  DSDT with SMBIOS of MacPro but i didn't have USBs so i couldn't move my mouse and i couldn't type something with the keyboard.

The problem is that although the generic DSDT worked perfect with the MacPro SMBIOS when i arrived at the installation screen with success and i had to go to disk utility to format the drive i could move my mouse and i could't even use any button on my keyboard. e.g. the TAB button. So it was impossible to go farther and proceed.... Got it? I wrote it: Million of experiments i did...  :rofl:

Humm… That was totally expected :P !

Remember when I said : "Did you read this BTW ?"

I wanted to point out that I already made an USB_Injector.kext that works with MacPro3,1 SMBios ;). Since you're not using the same SMBios than the one used in original USB_Injector.kext, you have to edit it to match the new one. Luckily, this is already done :).

Now, we know that the DSDT is not the culprit and that you can use it to regain access to native AppleHDA and sleep/wake. That's great news isn't it ?

Last thing to investigate is whether the GT 720 is the real source of the problem or something else we can't think of ATM. To me, you have a f**ing problem with this damned GT :hysterical:. The issue with nv_disable=1 AND that strange message "Fatal error with kepler chipset" , "Fatal error with unknown kepler chipset" "NVDIAXXXXX not compatible drivers" makes me think this GT 720 is doomed (any exorcist here ?) !

Ok this is easy i guess and i can do it but will the dump ACPI files be in common with my BIOS settings? Can you reply this question?

Clover will dump ACPI files directly from your Bios so yes, Bios settings will also be dumped. Well… I guess :hysterical:

Oops.   I'm sorry.  I have a GT 630, not a GT 730.

Indeed, that's a totally different story ;).

I believe that installing using the method I outlined above should still work even with GT 730.  Especially for Theoprofil since he has another Optiplex he can boot up from to install the Nvidia web drivers if needed.

I believe that installing using the method I outlined above should still work even with GT 730.  Especially for Theoprofil since he has another Optiplex he can boot up from to install the Nvidia web drivers if needed.

Yes, this may be very well a good option. For him.

The point here is for whatever reason, he couldn't install OS X as long as the GT 730 was plugged in the Optiplex. As soon as he unplugged it, the process went good so that's why I'm now wondering if changing the SMBios was also necessary :unsure:.

Humm… That was totally expected :P !

:thumbsup_anim: 

Remember when I said : "Did you read this BTW ?"--->>>You convinced me to click this link. Let's see what i am going to read... maybe i underestimate this link.... I will take a look ....

I wanted to point out that I already made an USB_Injector.kext that works with MacPro3,1 SMBios ;). Since you're not using the same SMBios than the one used in original USB_Injector.kext, you have to edit it to match the new one. Luckily, this is already done :). --->>>Where is the link man? I want it...! pls

Now, we know that the DSDT is not the culprit and that you can use it to regain access to native AppleHDA and sleep/wake. That's great news isn't it ?---->>>Wow these are perfect news. A usb_injector for MacPro 3.1 ????Super. Can you give some courage to complete the project, because i ruled out of fuel. I am exhausted of the 12 hours efforts and experiments...  :hysterical: 

Last thing to investigate is whether the GT 720 is the real source of the problem or something else we can't think of ATM. To me, you have a f**ing problem with this damned GT :hysterical:. The issue with nv_disable=1 AND that strange message "Fatal error with kepler chipset" , "Fatal error with unknown kepler chipset" "NVDIAXXXXX not compatible drivers" makes me think this GT 720 is doomed (any exorcist here ?) !--->>> Man i know it is ridiculous . But feel free to ask me photos of the verbs mode. BELIEVE IT OR NOT even now the Hackintosh work on verbose mode i have the same messages!!!!!! Man believe me this card is damned . I need an insanely exorcist !!!!  :hysterical: 

Clover will dump ACPI files directly from your Bios so yes, Bios settings will also be dumped. Well… I guess :hysterical:--->>>So if you guess right then i have not only to patch and the ACPI file but i have also to take photos of my BIOS settings and send them to you. Other way it make no sense to patch something without the other doesn't know my bios settings. For me, a guide without Bios settings is not a perfect guide. I appreciate every effort,  everybody gives to write the perfect guide but guide without Bios settings is a miss or hit... 

Yes, this may be very well a good option. For him.

The point here is for whatever reason, he couldn't install OS X as long as the GT 730 was plugged in the Optiplex. As soon as he unplugged it, the process went good so that's why I'm now wondering if changing the SMBios was also necessary :unsure:.

Definitely necessary to change the SMBIOS. Its meaningless  to doubt about this. With iMac 10.1 i had always reboot meanwhile the installation after the verbose mode ending and the time the GUI is about to start. = Video card problem.

Ok…

Have some rest, go trash this fu**king card and buy a new one… I think we can all agree that this one sucks and doesn't deserve the time and pain you spent on it.

:lol:   Well, at least the alternate install method can help others since another Mac or hackintosh is required to make the USB installer, they should have access to a another machine anyway.

For me, using this method had my Optiplex up and running El Capitan in under an hour.  It was easier than installing Windows 10.

• Like 1

Polyzargon i promise you to upload pictures of verbose mode to see the satanic soul of this card. You will read the messages and you try to find an exorcist...  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

• Like 1

For me, using this method had my Optiplex up and running El Capitan in under an hour.  It was easier than installing Windows 10.

It is very easy to install windows 10 but it is very hard to live with them as a daily OS because they are a piece of {censored}.  :hysterical:

Anyone suffering CPU issues like me?

kernel_task always shows highest cpu time. Other system processes with high cpu are:

• WindowServer
  • coreaudiod
  • (tuxera_ntfs) > not really a system process, but a driver
$ uptime
13:17  up 13 days, 22:23, 5 users, load averages: 2,17 2,22 2,22
$ top -n 8 -o time
PID    COMMAND      %CPU TIME     #TH   #WQ  #PORT MEM    PURG   CMPRS  PGRP  PPID STATE    BOOSTS        %CPU_ME %CPU_OTHRS UID  FAULTS     COW      MSGSENT    MSGRECV    SYSBSD      SYSMACH    CSW
0      kernel_task  0.8  19:56:30 473/4 0    2     1693M  0B     0B     0     0    running   0[0]         0.00000 0.00000    0    38136      0        722405378+ 574226948+ 0           0          2553733941+
68162  firefox      18.7 15:04:25 53    1    2431  1437M+ 5316K  2202M  68162 1    sleeping *0[7160]      0.00000 0.00000    501  374818278+ 3651070  25488639+  12020272+  635929603+  167839537+ 163577118+
822    WindowServer 4.0  09:28:42 4/1   1    1029  34M    13M    165M   822   1    running  *0[1]         0.00000 0.00000    88   21563758+  222487   301181794+ 111475844+ 10277920    310193554+ 169140418+
66798  JavaApplicat 3.2  08:36:07 53    1    343   151M   0B     913M   66798 1    sleeping *0[2451]      0.00000 0.00000    501  26990713   10662    51468444+  23610779+  587251552+  76180256+  401759342+
1410   tuxera_ntfs  0.0  07:53:15 2     0    12    18M    0B     8516K  1410  1    sleeping *0[1]         0.00000 0.00000    0    2378246    2369     4351       38         1805433122+ 5545       911867026+
1820   Google Chrom 1.2  05:08:34 43    0    959   49M    0B     103M   1820  1    sleeping *0[8268]      0.00000 0.00000    501  13265659   42202    237095382+ 22807991+  1552284175+ 799321296+ 257844676+
148    coreaudiod   0.8  03:10:30 4     0    623   944K   0B     3884K  148   1    sleeping *0[1]         0.00000 0.00000    202  286565     179      246573883+ 466007     1477897698+ 492362091+ 491235778+
1468   Finder       0.0  02:32:17 9     0    1230  17M    0B     254M   1468  1    sleeping *0[9085]      0.00000 0.00000    501  35750347   32505    81380096   33994780   163069542   112334073  60218592

Is this maybe a problem with our custom drivers or do you have an idea what could cause this?

Thx guys.

• 2 weeks later...

New appendix for guide of installation of optiplex 780 El Capitan:

After 12 hours of every possible combination every possible experiment on bios and on clover ver.3543 i made my optiplex 780 run el capitan with Nvidia GT 720.

I am not a noobie (at last i think so) i already own 4 hackintoshes (an optiplex 760, an optiplex 780, a dell precision 490, a HP laptop  HP62 b82ev, and i also have made an optiplex 780 for my father in law) and 3 original mac (see my signature).

It was really very very frustrating to make this optiplex with the God damn nvidia 720 to work... REALLY  :(

So i propose to the admins of this thread if they want to put an asterisk in the guide and made an appendix for an optiplex 780 and Nvidia gt 720.

My configuration is:

CPU core 2 duo @2,93

Memory 2 dimms of 2 GB RAM ddr3 1333 = 4gB

Sound card on board ADI1984A

Ethernet on board 

HDD rotational type WDC WD2500AAJS-75M0A0       = 250 GB

In other words is a classic OOB configuration and the only thing i have add is the Nvidia gt 720.

HOW I MANAGE TO MAKE IT WORK:

1) I installed el capitan with the onboard graphics card intel 4500. (NO WAY TO INSTALL EL CAPITAN WITH GT 720. Neither with nv_disable=1)

2)I made a usb installer with the last clover ver. 3453 boot loader. I copied the usb_injection.kext & the Intel kext for ethernet & the fakesmc.kext inside the EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11

3)I DID NOT COPY THE GENERIC DSDT FROM THE FOLDER OF THE GUIDE TO EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!

4)I HAD TO CHANGE THE SMBIOS TO MACPRO 3.1 THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!

5)When the installation ended and the hackintosh booted for the very first time i downloaded nvidia web driver from here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia®-webdriver-updaterapp/

6)I install nvidia web drivers and i downloaded the latest drivers . I did not patched the NVDAStartupWeb.kext for obvious reasons

7)i set the nvidia web drivers application to use the nvidia graphics drivers and NOT the OS X nvidia drivers

8)Now you have already  do all the previous 7 steps it is time to install at the ESP partition the clover according to the picture of the guides of this thread.

9)I also attach* the config.plist which is the same for the 2 stages : (1st before installation for the usb installer &  2nd stage after the installation for installing the boot loader. Copy now the config.plist to the EFI/Clover and and confirm the replace of the file pressing the confirm button when you will asked for.

10)Download vodooHD installer from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/517-voodoohda-288pkg/ (select version 3) and install it as method 2 (You must read well the instruction (to understand which is the method number 2) at the time you install the .pkg file of vodooHD . For you help i explain is the installation at ESP, not UEFI , not Legacy. Because we don't use anymore the generic dsdt and probably we don't use the iMac 10.1 SMBIOS anymore it is IMPOSSIBLE to  have native sound. Yes i know its a petty but i cannot help anymore except @MacPeet wants and can help.

What works ?

Almost everything except the DVD ROM   (It works on el capitan 10.5) and the awake. You can sleep the optioplex put when you awake the optiplex the Nvidia never awake. So the oiptiplex is alive with no screen display.  :(  Also some times it can not restart. It stuck at the bios . I have the latest bios revision A15. 

P.S. Feel free ask for help. Every time you update the OS X you have to boot with boot argument nv_disable=1 to finish the update and after to download the new nvidia web drivers . So i hardly recommend not to update IMMEDIATELY but to wait 20 days , so the nvidia to update new drivers. If you update as soon as a new OS X launch then you will not have QE/QC support until nvidia upload new drivers. 

*Because i cannot attach config.plist (it is not permitted for me to this, maybe only the admins can...) i copy paste my config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
<false/>
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>AddHDMI_8000000</key>
<true/>
<key>AddIMEI_80000</key>
<true/>
<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
<true/>
<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
<true/>
<key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>
<true/>
<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
<true/>
<key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
<true/>
<key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
<true/>
<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Patches</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>EHC1 to EH01</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RUhDMQ==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RUgwMQ==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>EHC2 to EH02</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RUhDMg==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
RUgwMg==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>DMAR</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>CpuPm</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>HaltEnabler</key>
<true/>
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>EnableC6</key>
<true/>
<key>Generate</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>darkwake=1</string>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>OS X</string>
<key>Fast</key>
<true/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>UseARTFrequency</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>IMEI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>IntelGFX</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>LAN</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>NVidia</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>SATA</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>WIFI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
<key>XHCI</key>
<string>0x0</string>
</dict>
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>AddClockID</key>
<true/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>Nothing</string>
</array>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>CustomIcons</key>
<true/>
<key>Language</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>DoubleClick</key>
<integer>500</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Mirror</key>
<false/>
<key>Speed</key>
<integer>8</integer>
</dict>
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<true/>
<key>Legacy</key>
<false/>
<key>Linux</key>
<false/>
<key>Tool</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1680x1050</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>ios7</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<false/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>BoardType</key>
<integer>11</integer>
<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
<string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
<key>ChassisType</key>
<string>06</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>G8932URGXYL</string>
<key>Trust</key>
<false/>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

@Theoprofil

I also have issue when upgrade to 10.11, while the system works fine in 10.10, although the web driver does not work, only works on official drivers. Could you please share your clover folder content?

my system is Dell 780 with X3363 and GT 730 2GB video card.

• Like 1

====SUCCESS REPORT: GT 740====

Fully operational using an asus nvidia GT 740, graphics acceleration and screen resolution appear to be working perfectly.

What I used:
- The generic DSDT supplied by the guide

- SMBIOS randomly generated using iMac13,1

- Edited USB_Injector.kext - Change all appearances of "iMac10,1" to "iMac13,1" (download mine here)

- nvda_drv=1 boot arg.

- NVIDIA web driver 346.03.10f02, obtained here

If you're using a Haswell CPU rather than the Core duo that comes with the optiplex, you will need to:

- Use SMBIOS generated for iMac14,2 to avoid power management issues

- Edit the USB_Injector.kext for iMac14,2 instead of iMac13,1 as I described above

I'm a complete noob to hackintoshing, so if anyone has any trouble with the GT 740, it will probably be quite easy to fix. Hmu if you have questions.

Big thanks to the man himself, for advice on the USB_Injector kext and SMBIOS edits - @polyzargone

• Like 3

@Theoprofil

I also have issue when upgrade to 10.11, while the system works fine in 10.10, although the web driver does not work, only works on official drivers. Could you please share your clover folder content?

my system is Dell 780 with X3363 and GT 730 2GB video card.

Yes i will definitely do it! I know that web drivers not works perfect for the 100% of the occasions. Differnet occasions needs OS X drivers. But polyzargon now reads my post and shake his head.  :P I will also upload the picture i promise  to polyzargon which writes something about haunted kepler kernel. I just prepared this optiplex for my son and i have to pay a visit to my son's house to take the picture and take the EFI Folder. I promise i do it maybe TODAY!!!! Polyzargon be ready for haunted verbose mode  :hysterical:

====SUCCESS REPORT: GT 740====

Fully operational using an asus nvidia GT 740, graphics acceleration and screen resolution appear to be working perfectly.

What I used:

- The generic DSDT supplied by the guide

- SMBIOS randomly generated using iMac13,1

- Edited USB_Injector.kext - Change all appearances of "iMac10,1" to "iMac13,1" (download mine here)

- nvda_drv=1 boot arg.

- NVIDIA web driver 346.03.10f02, obtained here

If you're using a Haswell CPU rather than the Core duo that comes with the optiplex, you will need to:

- Use SMBIOS generated for iMac14,2 to avoid power management issues

- Edit the USB_Injector.kext for iMac14,2 instead of iMac13,1 as I described above

I'm a complete noob to hackintoshing, so if anyone has any trouble with the GT 740, it will probably be quite easy to fix. Hmu if you have questions.

Big thanks to the man himself, for advice on the USB_Injector kext and SMBIOS edits - @polyzargone

Frankly i knew it that it was not only problem with the GT 720 . I never try iMac 13.1 . I choose the safe bet : MacPro 3.1  :hysterical:  Can you explain us how you edited the USB_Injector.kext . You said you are a noobie(!) but if you managed edited a kext how you call yourself "noobie"? Can noobies edit kexts?  :surprised:

HELP! plz

Hi I followed the steps and everything is smooth but clover wont boot my system without the installer flash drive. if the flash drive it taken out an the system is booted i get this error screen..... 

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8002acfac4): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/sources/xnu/xnu-3248.50.21/iokit/Kernel /IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665 Debugger called: <panic>    

my specs are  osx 10.11.5  Dell 780 Sff

• Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz
  • 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM
  • 160gb HDD

Are you sure you have a hard copy of the efi folder from usb to efi part of the disk? Because it is strange  :surprised:

my Dell 780 works with macOS Sierra 10.12  :D

Works quite well. Even Siri.

post-1358580-0-73641700-1465988584_thumb.png

Audio on the fly is not working  :construction:
Audio with patched HDA of Capitan works  :thumbsup_anim:
HDMI-Audio works nativ  :thumbsup_anim:
Appstore, Cloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Airdrop, AirServer, Siri and... works  :thumbsup_anim:

Update:
on the fly works with macOS Sierra  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

new Binary-patch on 00000000

post-1358580-0-74662500-1466006991_thumb.png

Copy Layout1.zml.zlib and Platform.zml.zlib to VanillaHDA and install VanillaHDA

cache rebuilt

realtekALC to Clovers kexts 10.12
  • Like 4

No, just create Install medium (Stick or intern Medium) for a Clean-Install with the createinstallmedia-method and the new Clover Version Clover_v2.3k_r3561.

Edit:

News Update in my Post 919 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308097-guide-el-capitan-1011x-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790/page-46?do=findComment&comment=2243182 !!! On the fly works.  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Got everything working 100 percent! I installed from internal partition and everything is working fine alongside my main El Capitan install. Thank you to everyone who works hard to keep the Optiplex alive and well.

post-865364-0-93315400-1466043904_thumb.png

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test Sierra on mine till I get a new CPU :(.

Everyone should know that Sierra won't run on any CPU that does NOT ship with SSE4 instruction set. So I'm f**cked up with my e6600 Core2Duo :cry:.

Anyway, I've got a more serious problem with my Optiplex as the PSU seems to be dead and when I see that a replacement one cost almost as much as getting a new computer, I think I let it RIP.

• Like 1