AppleHDA for El Capitan discussion

Austere.J

347 posts in this topic

I've just patched AppleHDA for ALC233 successfully. And i'd like to share some expriences about patching AppleHDA on El Capitan (GM). I hope it'll be useful :)

1. Binary patching

We have 5 chain hexs that have to be modified.

8419d411 --> 3302ec10
8319d411 --> 00000000
6102ec10 --> 00000000
6202ec10 --> 00000000
8508ec10 --> 00000000

2. Tools

I recommend Hex Fiend. You shouldn't use Hex Edit, because I tried to modify hex by Hex Edit but not success. That's basic way. And the way that i truly love is Clover. See more at attached files. I attached my Config.plist and AppleHDA for ALC233 only.

Goodluck :)

Thank you !

Working:  

Internal Speakers

Jacks

Not Working

Internal Microphone

HDMI Audio

Am I missing something or this is normal ?

• Like 1

Thank you !

Working:  

Internal Speakers

Jacks

Not Working

Internal Microphone

HDMI Audio

Great to see you got it almost all worked out.  There is one thing I have never liked about OSX , the hex editors.  They are all look, feel and work like, well you know!!  I use crossover and HxD.  The best hex editor in my opinion.  I wish they made one for mac!!

Sorry about off topic.

Hi guys,

Hopefully you can help me get some sound back through my speakers.

I had sound working on my rig (Asus P5Q motherboard with ALC1200) with Yosemite's (10.10.5) native AppleHDA that I patched with Clover.

I replaced 8508EC10 with 8808EC10, set FixHDA_8000 to true and Audio Injected to 12.

However with El Capitan and this method I have no luck.

Thanks,

Eddie

Thank you !

Working:  

Internal Speakers

Jacks

Not Working

Internal Microphone

HDMI Audio

I think your pathmaps of Mic is wrong. You could send me your Codecdump and your AppleHDA what are you using. I probably fix it for you.

Toleda's Clover ALC will auto set up clover patch on the fly for you, but ALC269 is not supported by Toleda, and it's not updated to suit 10.11

You can use this guide to turn your patched AppleHDA to vanilla AppleHDA + patch on the fly:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

Successfully updated to 10.11 El Capitan, almost everything working, only not the audio from the Alc269.

With the patched working in 10.10.5 AppleHDA (AppleHDA-272.18.1-ALC269VB_v2.zip) I managed to get sound but only via HDMI.

Tried to make an on the fly patch with the bcc9's script modified by RehabMan and Pokeguyen via guide: #28

but unfortunately without succes. See attachment for patch.

Please help me to make my AppleHDA work.

patch-hda 10.11.zip

Hi, I wish to ask for some assistance regarding my ALC663. Using the Yosemite patched kext by Mirone, I managed to get everything working apart from the internal microphone. I tried following this guide, but I just don't understand how to insert the correct pathmap into the platforms.xml file. I attached a zip containing the kext, codec dump + svgs and verbs.txt. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ALC663.zip

Thanks for the post!  I've got the native 10.11 AppleHDA working for VT2021.

Hi guys,

im trying to get this same codec to work under el capitan but having no luck.

lacedaemon's page says he hasn't been around since june :( - so wondering if there was any chance someone could give a quick rundown on what to edit?

I've disabled the codec as per Austere.J's instructions via clover - just not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance!

I think your pathmaps of Mic is wrong. You could send me your Codecdump and your AppleHDA what are you using. I probably fix it for you.

Here it is. My Ubuntu shows 2 cards (card0 and card1), i didn't know what is the correct one. So, i created a codec dump for the two, in separate files.

AppleHDA.kext.zipCodec_dump.zip

For audio Hdmi you need to insert HDEF section in DSDT.

Search hdmi Toleda's patch

Thank you, i'll test it and give feedback ASAP.

-----EDIT-----

Looking fot "Toleda HDMI patch" on google, i found this:

https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers

But it doesn't list my graphics card (HD4400), only HD3000/4000/4600. =/

the bad news is:

I'll be out of hackintosh scene

for an indefinite period.
that's all, guys

The good news is that updated

best regards

Mirone

What a pity!  [2]

Hope everything's ok with you, and good luck.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Up until yesterday I was using VoodooHDA and putting up with the occasional kernel panic until I got my head around DSDT and the aim for a cleaner OSX build. I've got a Gigabyte z77x-ud3h mobo and only using pjalm's DSDT patches for my board (HDEF section attached). Also using Clover as the bootloader in UEFI only mode.

It seems the VT2021 codec is a little harder to find info for compared to the realtek chipsets. After trying a handful of AppleHDA kexts from various sites I stumbled upon a working 10.10.4 AppleHDA that works with the VT2021 (attached).

I ran the kext through a comparison app to find the differences between a stock 10.10.4 kext and this modified one in the hopes I could edit my own in the future. 

Discoveries...

Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA:

84 19 D4 was replaced with 41 04 06 in two places. 

Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

<dict>
<key>CodecID</key>
<integer>283904133</integer>
<key>ConfigData</key>
<data>
AZcdMAH3HeE=
</data>
<key>FuncGroup</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>LayoutID</key>
<integer>12</integer>
</dict>

was replaced by 

<key>CodecID</key>
<integer>285606977</integer>
<key>ConfigData</key>
<data>
IkccECJHHUAiRx4RIkcfASJXHPAiVx0AIlce
ACJXH0AiZxzwImcdACJnHgAiZx9AIncc8CJ3
HQAidx4AIncfQCKHHPAihx0AIoceACKHH0Ai
lxzwIpcdACKXHgAilx9AIqccUCKnHTAipx6B
IqcfASK3HGAitx2QIrceoSK3H5AixxzwIscd
ACLHHgAixx9AItccICLXHSEi1x5FItcfByLn
HPAi5x0AIuceACLnH0Ai9xzwIvcdACL3HgAi
9x9A
</data>
<key>FuncGroup</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>LayoutID</key>
<integer>12</integer>
</dict>

Contents/Resources:

In the downloaded and working kext - it only has two files:

layout12.xml.zlib (328 bytes)

Platforms.xml.zlib (8341 bytes)

vs the stock kext which has the above two files but different sizes:

layout12.xml.zlib (1036 bytes)

Platforms.xml.zlib (16351 bytes)

plus another 90 layoutxxx.xml.zlib files.

Applying the discoveries to mod stock El Capitan AppleHDA.kext...

The stock 10.11 AppleHDA binary had the same two hex entries which I swapped out for what the working kext has.

The stock 10.11 AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver Info.plist had the same Codec ID entry which I replaced with what the working kext has.

As for the layout and platform files - I think this is where might be getting stuck and hopefully one of you fine gentleman can lend a hand.

I cleared out all the files from the stock AppleHDA Resources folder and dropped in the two from the working kext (layout12.xml.zlib and platforms.xml.zlib) but the modded kext doesn't give me any sound.

Just wondering if someone would be able to point out where I'm going wrong? Or if it is even possible?

Thanks in advance!

AppleHDA-10.10.4-Working.zip

HDEF.txt

the bad news is:

I'll be out of hackintosh scene

for an indefinite period.
that's all, guys

The good news is that updated

best regards

Mirone

Thanks a lot for your help !

Can you share the tool (script ?) that helps you create all these kexts so we can maintain it while your are out ?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone would be able to point out where I'm going wrong? Or if it is even possible?

Thanks in advance!

You thoroughly followed the best method to patch AppleHDA.kext  :yes: 

Are you aware that El Capitan brought new Security feature ; System Integrity Protection that prevent kext modification / kextcaches. It can be bypassed by bootloader.

Even if your active security config allow it, you have to rebuilt kextcache after each modification of this kext.

ALC892 working nicely here with Toleda's audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0c.command

except for the infamous "lose audio after sleep" issue, in other words "Me Too".  I have tried CodecCommander at default settings (which worked in Yosemite) and with EAPD reset enabled, no luck.

One observation - without CodecCommander after sleep you can just about hear a quiet popping sound when you're adjusting volume (with "play feedback when adjusting volume" enabled in system prefs), it's always been like that even in Yosemite.  But after sleep and wake with CodecCommander running, it's completely silent.  Don't know if that indicates anything.

EAPDFix.kext (at least the one I could find) causes a kernel panic boot loop for me, and I have to boot in safe mode and remove it.

I have the same problem with ALC892

So do you need help with the AppleHDA patching scene ?

But why, sir?

thank you, but the point is that
I need to finish some things
in my personal life, so I will stay out
scene until everything is resolved.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Can you share the tool (script ?) that helps you create all these kexts so we can maintain it while your are out ?

No need to worry about it
I'll keep my github repository always
updated, I promise.
  • Like 5