AppleHDA for El Capitan discussion

Austere.J

347 posts in this topic

Rampage VII Impact/4770K/db1

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-06-19 at 10.03.36 AM.png

I used older patched dummyhda for yosemite and clover applehda patch to get hdmi and general sound. Do you try DSDT AppleHda and HDMI patches  or do you try to rebuild caches again?

My installation with an error that prevented me to rebuild caches. but I'll wait for DP2, I'm out of time and patience for a new installation.

@sebinouse

Try to check FixDisplay, FixHDA and UseIntelHDMI in config.plist. You may also need DSDT or SSDT injection. You can also try Haswell.dmg at RampageDev.

Thanks everyone !

I used to have a SSDT injection and a clover patch for Azul FrameBuffer for 10.10.X ...

Device (HDAU)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x03
                    })
                }
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                })
            }
        }
First DP connector to HDMI
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
00000400 00870000 000204
00000800 00060000 000204

I will try again and dig deeper this time !

Could someone test these kexts and you tell me if they work

See post #56 

ALC892 on GA-Z87M-D3H with El Capital

Layout 5, 7 and 9 not working.

Layout 1 is working

MXc.png

NXc.png

LXc.png

KXc.png

Thanks for your hard work Mirone :)

• Like 2

Yes I used your ALC892 from post #45.

Layout id 1 worked.
5, 7 and 9 not.

See post #56 
--------------------
[Edit]
Here’s another one: ALC889a on GA-P35C-DS3R
Working fine with Layout ID 5, 7 and 9

RXc.png
QXc.png
PXc.png

• Like 1

Rene, you used  my AppleHDA and only changed the layout_id?

Sorry Mirone, I forgot to tell you I was also using KextToPatch:

TXc.png

Forget what I said. Your ALC892 works fine. It’s me being stupid.

I was using also a dummyHDA.kext with layout id 1.

Your ALC892 was already patched. And with my dummyHDA it was set to layout id 1. Thats why it was working with layout id 1.

Sorry man, next time I will have a better look at my system before complaining :P

• Like 1

Hello, metod with Dummy.kext works you in OS X 10.11, but not me? This tutorial  -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

This old method works me on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

I have codec ALC888  legacy rev 100202, ALC888S-VD patch codec id 0x10EC0888 audio device 0x808627D8 sub device 0x1458A002 revision 0x0001

Info: other metod by Tolda patch AppleHDA.kext for OS X 10.11 work OK for me  audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip

In Clover Configuration I have add:

form https://www.firewolf.science/2015/06/realtek-alc888-os-x-el-capitan-patched-applehda-audio-driver/ 

Name: AppleHDA

Find

Find: 8319D411

Replace

Replace: 00000000

A

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>ALC888S-VD patch codec id 0x10EC0888 audio device 0x808627D8 sub device 0x1458A002 revision 0x0001</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>1</string>
			<key>ResetHDA</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>

DummyHDA.kext.zip

Hello, metod with Dummy.kext works you in OS X 10.11, but not me? This tutorial  -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

This old method works me on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

I have codec ALC888  legacy rev 100202, ALC888S-VD patch codec id 0x10EC0888 audio device 0x808627D8 sub device 0x1458A002 revision 0x0001

Info: other metod by Tolda patch AppleHDA.kext for OS X 10.11 work OK for me  audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip

In Clover Configuration I have add:

form https://www.firewolf.science/2015/06/realtek-alc888-os-x-el-capitan-patched-applehda-audio-driver/ 

Name: AppleHDA

Find

Find: 8319D411

Replace

Replace: 00000000

A

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>ALC888S-VD patch codec id 0x10EC0888 audio device 0x808627D8 sub device 0x1458A002 revision 0x0001</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>1</string>
			<key>ResetHDA</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>

Read the guide again. In step 1, you have to run script and copy the patch to your config.plist. For your codec I don't think you need to zero out  8319D411, but you can try both.

If you want an easier solution but automatic, use toleda cloverAlc for 10.11. It will survive 10.11.x update, but it won't survive 10.11.x->10.12 though.

I will try again and dig deeper this time !

I finaly found the solution for my HDMI Audio Out on IntelHD5000 ... a simple cache rebuilt ... sorry for that  :blush:

All the tools I used gave bad results (DCPIManager, Kext Wizard ...), only terminal worked !

Edit: and it's broken again ! :shock:

Edit 2: I can find a way to get ALC283 and HD5000 working properly ... alone and together ... 

I get a random result with sometime one Audio out working and after reboot (without any action on caches) nothing ... 

I finaly found the solution for my HDMI Audio Out on IntelHD5000 ... a simple cache rebuilt ... sorry for that  :blush:

All the tools I used gave bad results (DCPIManager, Kext Wizard ...), only terminal worked !

Edit: and it's broken again ! :shock:

Edit 2: I can find a way to get ALC283 and HD5000 working properly ... alone and together ... 

I get a random result with sometime one Audio out working and after reboot (without any action on caches) nothing ... 

Try CodecCommander, there is a fix for ALC283 inside the kext.

Try CodecCommander, there is a fix for ALC283 inside the kext.

i already tried with and without ... no improvement so far.

Where did you see something special for ALC283 inside the kext ? I use it on Yosemite only to keep the codec alive when there is no sound or after sleep.

i already tried with and without ... no improvement so far.

Where did you see something special for ALC283 inside the kext ? I use it on Yosemite only to keep the codec alive when there is no sound or after sleep.

It fixed the issue where you need to use Audio MIDI and mute one channel in order to use the Headphone jack. Well it works on my NUCs, sleep also works and sound works after sleep

It fixed the issue where you need to use Audio MIDI and mute one channel in order to use the Headphone jack. Well it works on my NUCs, sleep also works and sound works after sleep

Great can u share plist and appleHDA ? thx  :drool:

@sebinouse,

Your biggest problem is with Audio HDMI? HDMI audio as we all know works just adding a patch in DSDT or SSDT in your case would be in SSDT, so your Audio HDMi would work with a native AppleHDA. Now if there is a problem with the onboard audio could be several things but still there are many reports that the AppleHDA of 10.10. 3 still works well in 10.11. make sure that there is the same patch (HDAU) Applied in their DSDT and SSDT otherwise will be conflicted.

• Like 1

@sebinouse,

Your biggest problem is with Audio HDMI? HDMI audio as we all know works just adding a patch in DSDT or SSDT in your case would be in SSDT, so your Audio HDMi would work with a native AppleHDA. Now if there is a problem with the onboard audio could be several things but still there are many reports that the AppleHDA of 10.10. 3 still works well in 10.11. make sure that there is the same patch (HDAU) Applied in their DSDT and SSDT otherwise will be conflicted.

Everything is fine with HDMI/ALC283 (Headphone Stereo/Mic) on 10.10.3 ... but the exact same patches/SSDT on 10.11 DP1/2 give random results ... I've been able to test each one on 10.11 but never together and I really don't understand why !

I'll try again from scratch with a clean install with HDMI first and then ALC283 

I'll try again from scratch with a clean install with HDMI first and then ALC283

I did a fresh install of 10.11.DP1 ... upgraded to DP2.

I had luck with HDMI audio ONCE ... but ONLY ONCE ... with my 10.10.3 files (+"rootless=0")  :mad:

Then I followed Toleda's guide to make HDMI audio work ... and nothing !

I gave up and focused on ALC283 which works (Headphone/Mic) with custom plist/layout/platforms and is stable.

I had to use this script for caches :

#!/bin/sh
# fix permissions and rebuild cache
# El Capitan|Yosemite
echo "Fix permissions ..."
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
echo "Kernel cache..."
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ 
sudo kextcache -Boot -U / 
exit

I noticed that

- the latest version pf CloverConfigurator(4.23) corrupts my .plist ...  :surprised:

- Clover Azul Patch : 5 times on 10.10.3 and only 3 times on 10.11.DP1/2

- HDMIAudio.kext in /EFI/... not working

I attached debug files as per HDMI audio thread, I will be thankful if you can give a look ... because I have no ideas left !   :whistle:

Clover / SSDT / port 6 DP>HDMI   / port 5 DP>HDMI

had luck with HDMI audio ONCE ... but ONLY ONCE ... with my 10.10.3 files (+"rootless=0") 

Kernel cache is fine, incorrect kext patches (D. Kext edit/HD4600 only)

HD5000 HDMI audio codec is native in 10.10 and 10.11 (NUC)

HD4600 HDMI audio codec is not native in 10.10 and 10.11 (not NUC)

Remove 10.11/config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/

1. 10.9-10.10-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-1of2

2. 10.9-10.10-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-2of2

Remove 10.11/config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/

1. 10.9-10.10-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-1of2

2. 10.9-10.10-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-2of2

Thank you for your quick answer : no HDMI sound ...

I tried to modify the binaries manually : no HDMI sound ...

I tried PikerAlpha script v3,0 to patch AzulFB : no HDMI sound ...

I tried the 10.10.3 Azul kext : KP

I tried to inject every combinaison of IGP and HDAU with SSDT injection or Clover injection: no HDMI sound

Is there a place where I can force the codec ? I want 0x80862807 like in 10.10.3