AppleHDA for El Capitan discussion

Austere.J

347 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

For those who want to test AppleHDA of El capitan: https://github.com/Mirone/AppleHDA_10.11_DP3

Hi Mirone,

I've tried your kext on DP Beta 7 but have no sound. My sound device is ALC892. Steps I used to install:

1. Install patched AppleHDA.kext via Kext Utility

2. Add Audio ID 7 into DSDT by following your txt guide.

Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

on El Capitan I got HDMI audio working by using the same Clover configuration that I do for Mavericks.

I've managed to activate the volume controls after creating a new dummy AppleHDA269.kext based on the one I use with Mavericks and updating some sections to make more sense with El Capitan's AppleHDA.

The new kext loaded fine, the volume menu bar icon is enabled and I can even change the volume level. In System Preferences > Sound > Input I can see the Input Level changing if I make some noise next to my Internal Mic. However no sound at all is coming from the internal speakers. How's that possible if I'm using exactly the same nodes as I do on Mavericks?

It sounds like something is just temporarily disabled, just like it happens sometimes on Mavericks when I need to reload EAPDFix.kext

For now I'm not using any other audio kext... What do you suggest me, Codec Commander?

I can't remove the orignal one from S/L/E :/ 

Which version of Closer do you use ?

Update to v3259 at least and disable SIP to get root access.

What do you suggest me, Codec Commander?

CodecCommander works almost all the time for me, when I have issues I just Sleep/Wake to get normal sound ... I still have to figure out what kills my EAPD randomly and not so often.

• Like 1

I've just patched AppleHDA for ALC233 successfully. And i'd like to share some expriences about patching AppleHDA on El Capitan (GM). I hope it'll be useful :)

1. Binary patching

We have 5 chain hexs that have to be modified.

8419d411 --> 3302ec10
8319d411 --> 00000000
6102ec10 --> 00000000
6202ec10 --> 00000000
8508ec10 --> 00000000

2. Tools

I recommend Hex Fiend. You shouldn't use Hex Edit, because I tried to modify hex by Hex Edit but not success. That's basic way. And the way that i truly love is Clover. See more at attached files. I attached my Config.plist and AppleHDA for ALC233 only.

Goodluck :)

AppleHDA-272.50-ALC233 Tuanpekoe.zip

config.plist.zip

• Like 2