Austere.J

AppleHDA for El Capitan discussion

347 posts in this topic

I tried to install OS X El Capitan on my PC and laptop, and so far everything seems to work fine.

However, AppleHDA sound driver may become problematic on desktop.

Brief hardware configurations:

PC: i3-530/MSI H55M-P32/GTX460/RTL8111D/ALC888

Laptop: i3-380M/ASUS H55/AMD6370M/BCM4322/CX20585

I made a new patched driver based on native AppleHDA driver on 10.11 DB1, and my CX20585 works fine.

However, when I tried to patch ALC888, I found that some codec ids such as 0x10EC0855 0x11D41984 are missing.(My bad)

So it seems that AppleHDA binary has changed a lot.

I reinstalled an old version (OS X 10.10.3) of AppleHDA.kext and ALC888 worked again.

So is there anyone who make their desktop audio work properly by using 10.11 DB1's AppleHDA?

Any suggestions?  :)  Thanks in advance.

Update 1 @ 2015.06.10

OK, I solved my ALC888 audio issue.

Apple added a new codec id 0x11D41983 in AppleHDA binary.

If you are replacing 0x11D41984 with your codec id, please make sure that you disable 0x11D41983 codec. (Thanks to @lisai9093)

You can either modify the binary by Hex Editor or use Clover's KextsToPatch.

Name

AppleHDA

Find

8319D411

Replace

post-1432100-0-58486800-1433917350_thumb.png

I modified toleda's audioALC script to support OS X 10.11 and I can confirm it works for ALC888 on OS X El Capitan.

Update 2 @ 2015.06.15

new patch-hda script with OS X 10.11 supported: 41F by pokenguyen.

new audio_RealtekALC script with OS X 10.11 supported: 42F by me.

Note that Intel HD Graphics 4600 HDMI Audio in 10.11 is not supported by this script.

I don't have HD4600 now so I cannot test whether the previous patch is still working.

If you have HD4600, you can try it and post a feedback. :) Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

I tried to install OS X El Capitan on my PC and laptop, and so far everything seems to work fine.

However, AppleHDA sound driver may become problematic on desktop.

Brief hardware configurations:

PC: i3-530/MSI H55M-P32/GTX460/RTL8111D/ALC888

Laptop: i3-380M/ASUS H55/AMD6370M/BCM4322/CX20585

I made a new patched driver based on native AppleHDA driver on 10.11 DB1, and my CX20585 works fine.

However, when I tried to patch ALC888, I found that some codec ids such as 0x10EC0855 0x11D41984 are missing.

So it seems that AppleHDA binary has changed a lot.

I reinstalled an old version (OS X 10.10.3) of AppleHDA.kext and ALC888 worked again.

So is there anyone who make their desktop audio work properly by using 10.11 DB1's AppleHDA?

Any suggestions?  :)  Thanks in advance.

Boot args : rootless=0 and delete applehda orginal and install kext ( applehda working pre 10.10.x ) and reboot 

Boot args : rootless=0 and delete applehda orginal and install kext ( applehda working pre 10.10.x ) and reboot 

That is not the problem.

His problem is some binary code changed inside AppleHDA. So previous binary patch won't work properly.

That is not the problem.

His problem is some binary code changed inside AppleHDA. So previous binary patch won't work properly.

bcc9's script isn't updated to El yet, so wait for it. How about your end with the HD5500 ?

bcc9's script isn't updated to El yet, so wait for it. How about your end with the HD5500 ?

Cannot wait lol..... I figured out the missing codec patching. It is 0x11d41983 that needed to wiped to zeros.

10.11 solves my HD5500 freezing problem OOB. cheers!

Cannot wait lol..... I figured out the missing codec patching. It is 0x11d41983 that needed to wiped to zeros.

10.11 solves my HD5500 freezing problem OOB. cheers!

Maybe it should solve the IGPU crash on the Broadwell Intel NUC

What do you mean by IGPU crash?

Issue like @lisai9093's HD5500?

It restarted itself, not hanging though. Usually cause a KP. What about USB ? Do you guys have problem with it ?

It restarted itself, not hanging though. Usually cause a KP. What about USB ? Do you guys have problem with it ?

Nope I only have USB2.0 on my current machine and they are working fine.

So what's your problem with USB?  XHC?

So far no problem encountered. But bluetooth failed to work. Not sure if it is related to USB.

So far no problem encountered. But bluetooth failed to work. Not sure if it is related to USB.

If you use BTFirmwareUploader from EmlyDinesh, change the kext's version to 999, it should work

Nope I only have USB2.0 on my current machine and they are working fine.

So what's your problem with USB?  XHC?

Yup, on my real Mac, I can only use one USB 3.0, the other's dead on 10.11; on my friends's laptop and desktop, USB 3.0 refuse to work since Apple create a whole bunch of new USB kexts, GenericUSBXHCI cause panic, and the patches for Clover need to be re-done. Some has unusable USB 2.0

If you use BTFirmwareUploader from EmlyDinesh, change the kext's version to 999, it should work

What you mean by version to 999? Is it bundle version under info.plist?

What you mean by version to 999? Is it bundle version under info.plist?

Dunno, I quote the entire line of one of my friend who said he got bluetooth working

Thanks for the post!  I've got the native 10.11 AppleHDA working for VT2021.

BTW, "8419D411" in the code box in the OP should be "8319D411". ;)

I modified toleda's audioALC script to support OS X 10.11 and I can confirm it works for ALC888 on OS X El Capitan.

Could you make one for ALC892, current audioALC script doesn't work for El Capitan and ALC892 sadly

I currently need to apply bcc9's patch (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284004-script-to-patch-applehda-binary-for-osx107108109/) in order to get my AppleHDA working with my ALC269.

Is there a way to apply bcc9's patch on the fly using Clover and working with El Capitan? 

I currently have to replace platforms and layout3 xlib in Apple HDA and apply the patch for the AppleHDA to work. Would Toleda's patch do all this work automatically?

Could anybody help to set up my ALC 898 on my Z77X-UD5H?

I already have the codec ID (0x10EC0899) and the native HDA, do I need anything else?

I currently need to apply bcc9's patch (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284004-script-to-patch-applehda-binary-for-osx107108109/) in order to get my AppleHDA working with my ALC269.

Is there a way to apply bcc9's patch on the fly using Clover and working with El Capitan? 

I currently have to replace platforms and layout3 xlib in Apple HDA and apply the patch for the AppleHDA to work. Would Toleda's patch do all this work automatically?

Toleda's Clover ALC will auto set up clover patch on the fly for you, but ALC269 is not supported by Toleda, and it's not updated to suit 10.11

You can use this guide to turn your patched AppleHDA to vanilla AppleHDA + patch on the fly:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

Toleda's Clover ALC will auto set up clover patch on the fly for you, but ALC269 is not supported by Toleda, and it's not updated to suit 10.11

You can use this guide to turn your patched AppleHDA to vanilla AppleHDA + patch on the fly:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

With that guide, is the RehabMan's modified patch of BCC9's updated to work with El Capitan? (just because it says it was uploaded 4 days ago)

Yes, I updated the script.

Just to tell you it worked great!

Perhaps you can help me with something else. I have an Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle with the BCM20702A0 chip.

The dongle is recognized OOB. I have an Atheros AR9285 as a Wifi card, recognized as an Airport card. 

On Yosemite, I could use handoff features (send/receive messages and make/receive calls) - without performing any patch. On El Capitan that feature is gone. 

When it worked I didn't have the Handoff option in system preferences but I don't remember if the dongle had Handoff support: yes on the system profiler.

Is there anyway I could get handoff to work again?

Thanks

Just to tell you it worked great!

Perhaps you can help me with something else. I have an Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle with the BCM20702A0 chip.

The dongle is recognized OOB. I have an Atheros AR9285 as a Wifi card, recognized as an Airport card. 

On Yosemite, I could use handoff features (send/receive messages and make/receive calls) - without performing any patch. On El Capitan that feature is gone. 

When it worked I didn't have the Handoff option in system preferences but I don't remember if the dongle had Handoff support: yes on the system profiler.

Is there anyway I could get handoff to work again?

Thanks

Did you see Bluetooth in Sys Pref?

if yes, you have to replace the handoff patch to suit 10.11

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2143521

Did you see Bluetooth in Sys Pref?

if yes, you have to replace the handoff patch to suit 10.11

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2143521

http://cl.ly/image/3H3F392D3C26 (before patch)

http://cl.ly/image/1V1Z3j0e1t0c (after patch)