AppleHDA for El Capitan discussion

Austere.J

347 posts in this topic

it seems this script is for x99 only

awful SIP won't let me restore my stock AppleHDA from my time machine backup, despite the boot args I set in Clover for unrestricted access: 

The script does not support x99 audio, no x99 messages.  IOReg shows AppleHDA.kext as native

IOReg/AppleEFINVRAM/csr-active-config/00 00 00 00, SIP enabled, patching not possible.

config.plist has major problems:

SystemParameters missing; no kext injection

#KextsToPatch; commented out

RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig/0x67 not working; 0x3 is all that is required to patch AppleHDA.kext

Preferable to set value to NO instead of commenting out YES.

• Like 1

Thank you, Toleda!

Ended up using your Clover script. I was making a rather silly mistake: I have an external 500GB HD that I use as a "OSX on the go" occasionally, that have Clover installed. Somehow my motherboard set it as the default boot HD and thus its own config.plist - don't ask me how, I really don't know - was being used instead of the one I uploaded here. I just unplugged the disk and voilà, HD audio is here. Thank you very much for the help and all your patience.

All the best!

Forked & trying to get Pikes "AppleHDA8Series.sh" work with El Capitan. Any help would be appreciate..

NOTE:

* Turn ON DEBUG=1 to read more log

NEW:

gCapitanCommandString="#\x83\x19\xd4\x11,\x00\x00\x00\x00" # El Capitan AppleHDA Workarround???
Multiple patch pattern support each AppleHDA / AppleHDAController, separate by "#" char

ex: ~/Desktop/hack/AppleHDA8Series.sh -a 892 -l 1 
-b AppleHDA:\x8b\x19\xd4\x11,\x92\x08\xec\x10#\x83\x19\xd4\x11,\x00\x00\x00\x00 
-b AppleHDAController:\x3d\x0c\x0a\x00\x00,\x3d\x0c\x0c\x00\x00#\x3d\x0b\x0c\x00\x00,\x3d\x0c\x0c\x00\x00 
-d /Library/Extensions

FIX:

Default pattern patch
Patch multiple bytes founded by egrep
Md5 comparing new & old data

LIMITATION:

HDMI with iGPU still doesnt work
Manual repair permissions
  • Like 1

Yes Toleda, I saw that post week ago and still didnt find any new commit. Maybe Pike still busy right now finding new propper method decribed before against SIP.. Thank you

The methods are already ready, should I send the files to Pike tomorrow then he

must proceed with updating the script Although I think he hasn't

done it not by my cause but for other occupations.

• Like 1

@ Mirone. 

will you update the patched AppleHDA.kexts like you have released for DP3 of el capitan, as here- http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

I am currently using your patched "AppleHDA-272.40-IDT92HD75B3X5.zip"  for my system. Tried using your HDA patcher to patch the latest HDA.kext in 10.11.1 but that does not work.

My codec is  "IDT92HD75B3X5", am using dsdt fix  + patched kext to get sound.

Any suggestions.

Hi Mirone,

My Audio was working all the way through 10x using both Clover Binary Patch and PatchApple.kext prepared by another developer.   The PatchApple.kext is basically the information normally found in the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver ConfigData in plist.  It also has the Platform and Layout Ids within the plugins.  I don't think any of that needs editing just this one Clover Binary patch and curious if you know what that would be in AppleHDA 10.11, or how would I go about finding out what the hex should be for 10.11   Screenshot below of the highlighted hex.   Thanks

G750JX with ALC282 codec.

post-135888-0-51971400-1443421086_thumb.png

oSxFr33k,

find:        8319d411

replace:   00000000

Thanks so much!! Works 100%.  Is there some guide explaining how and why the ALC663 checks, I am assuming need to be disabled with 00000000?  Is that the stock AppleHDA ALC663 audio devices checks that are being disabled?  The checks seem to be the only thing that changed and nothing else in 10.11 at least for my Audio device.

Thanks Again!!

Hi,

I have updated to os X 10.11 GM and I don't have sound... I have the ALC662v2, what do you think about this patch with audio = 12 ?

Thx :)

Isn't there suppose to be one more binary patch for you device?  I see the 3 nulls but no binpatch for your actual device?

Hi,

I have updated to os X 10.11 GM and I don't have sound... I have the ALC662v2, what do you think about this patch with audio = 12 ?

Thx :)

6102ec10? really?

it's wrong, change for 6206ec10.

find:       8419d411

replace: 6202ec10

find:       8319d411

replace: 00000000

find:       8508ec10

find:       8408ec10

i think is all.

• Like 1

@Mirone,

I got a Dell XPS 9343 with 10.11GM the Audio Codec is ALC288 so I installed your AppleHDA-272.18.1-ALC288 along with HDAEnabler3.kext. The weirded thing is after boot up if I don't play any sound within 30 seconds I will lose sound from the speakers but the sound from headphone is working fine. If I start play any sound within 30 seconds of boot up the sound will continue playing through the speakers but as soon as I stop playing sound I lose sound from the speakers right the way but headphone still works. Any idea? please let me know if you want me to attach any file for you to see.

6102ec10? really?

it's wrong, change for 6206ec10.

find:       8419d411

replace: 6202ec10

find:       8319d411

find:       8508ec10

find:       8408ec10

i think is all.

Thx, but it's still not working with that patch :(

@Mirone,

I got a Dell XPS 9343 with 10.11GM the Audio Codec is ALC288 so I installed your AppleHDA-272.18.1-ALC288 along with HDAEnabler3.kext. The weirded thing is after boot up if I don't play any sound within 30 seconds I will lose sound from the speakers but the sound from headphone is working fine. If I start play any sound within 30 seconds of boot up the sound will continue playing through the speakers but as soon as I stop playing sound I lose sound from the speakers right the way but headphone still works. Any idea? please let me know if you want me to attach any file for you to see.

try this: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads

I'm attempting to get sound working on my laptop using the dummyhda method and the files I found for ALC271x here: https://github.com/Mirone/ALC_Laptop_Patches

I used patch-hda.pl and followed the instructions from this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2030060

to generate the accompanying Clover patch. SIP is disabled with clover flag 0x67.

On boot, all I see in console is:

9/30/15 5:39:24.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 560
9/30/15 5:39:24.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 417

and, after booting with no caches, I see nothing related to AppleHDA in console while rebuilding the cache.

I had this same method working on Yosemite. What am I doing wrong?

Attached is an IOReg, my DummyHDA, my DSDT, my clover config and my codec dump.

Acer Aspire v5-171-9661, i7-3517u, hm77 chipset.

edit: I needed an IRQ fix patch for my DSDT. Using the same DummyHDA I used for Yosemite, sound now works for El Capitan.

Can't get sound to work on today's released El Capitan, somehow my audio card gets  Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 0

and I receive this error during script execution: Audio ID: 0 is not supported, continue (y/n) . If I choose to continue script generates patches and finishes correctly. However after rebooting I see the same report for audio card in system report (and why the ID is 0 and how it even gets detected without proper driver?). I don't know what is wrong, everything worked fine in Yosemite, btw I have ALC892..

@justpal, try my theracemaster forked.. Rollback your AppleHDA.kext to vanilla first if patched. Paste / apply supplied clover KextsToPatch, set layout-id to: 1/2/3 & SIP to 0x11

I did all this, and now I can only airplay something in my local network, but still no i/o devices in sound control.

UPD: forgot to set layout id. everything works.