OS X El Capitan DP's builds!

924 posts in this topic

I tried to install the software from the pkg but the installation failed. The last permission i used to set where via chown -R  0:0 instead of root:wheel for drivers so i wonder if this also works for this app (got a kext in there)..atm im copying all the files from the pkg via cp -R -v into their destination folders. hope that are the right permissions and the app works.

Posix permissions for root:

Group owner account name: whell 

Group owner account id: 0   

Owner account name: root 

Owner account id: 0  

file posix permission 493 (folder), 420 for the file

is the same. But I think that you need to disable SIP. Or you need to know what permissions an app need (what app??)

it Is not inside a Payload??

thats in my config:

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>0x67</string>

1. Try adding rootless=0 to your config.plist.

2. Reboot.

3. Retry.

Alternatively, you can try booting with rootless=0 as boot argument (if you don't want to add it permanently to your config).

Even with rootless=0 (does that even make sense in DP6?) and     <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
                                                                                                 <string>0x03</string>

I get : "Installation failed". I looked via Pacifist in the .pkg and the default install path for the kext is S/L/E. Should i c"p -R -v" that kext in L/E ?

The program starts and it looks fine (installed it via Pacifist) so i think this is a bug. I am talking about iLok License Manager App + iLok2 USB-Stick, the error-message is :

"Error communicating with an iLok. A USB failure has been detected." This is an rare already known issue but i think its related to PACE/iLok. so..offtopic.

I try to install another app from a .pkg because im wondering about that "Failed Installation"-Error.. just tried Kext Drop but it didnt changed anything. All other USB-Devices on all ports are running fine now so its not USB-related.