[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

:)

package for  UEFI AMD motherboard  10.10 at 10.10.4 with kernel Bronya 

did you update or install from scratch?  Also what kernel is in the package? What chameleon version are you using? Do you use a special boot file?  thanks :)

I believe the answer is yes but I want to confirm.

Is fakesmc.kext built-in to the kernel? thanks

MrJayViper, you already asked that same (silly) question back in May for the Mavericks AMD kernel. So same answer: kexts are not built into the kernel!

I think he ask about embedded decryptor into kernel.

It is possible and was here in early kernels for 10.4 Tiger. But I also don't know if new developers embed this feature into new kernels.

In this case the system can works without fakesmc. Sure!

• Like 1

thanks guys. and It's not really since since mavericks and Yosemite are so different, the kernel devs might have embedded the fakesmc to the kernel. Also one of the guys said in the Install=>AMD section said that fakesmc is built-in!

Thanks for the "update package" the update was seamless :) . I think i have some performance problem :/ . Any idea? Smbios or kext problem?KU9z2ff.png

Thanks for the "update package" the update was seamless :) . I think i have some performance problem :/ . Any idea? Smbios or kext problem?

no problem but disable beamSync with QuartzDebug   ;)

may I ask if you're using a special boot file? I know RC7 comes with its own. thanks :)

You can use this bootloaderit's already patched for AMD CPU's thanks to Bronya, so bus speed, FSB and Multiplier will be correct. You don't need old boot file, which was uploaded earlier with kernel of Bronya.

p.s. Also will test 10.10.4 soon...

• Like 1

Can i use your package to update my release? My motherboard is hybrid EFI and i use chameleon as bootloader

Now I have tested 10.10.4 and it's working nice! No problem... Also I have tested both Bronya and Tora Chi Yo kernels and both working good (Thank you again guys!). There screenshot:

yvIsdu5l.jpg

And I am with Clover bootloader now...

• Like 1

can you please reply back which kernel are you using? I downloaded your zip file above and the file size is different to Bronya RC7 and Tori rev8.

thanks! :)

I think he used rc6 kernel of Bronya, but you can use rc7 or Tora Chi Yo kernel too. :)

• Like 2

Hi, coders and testers,
I try clean install 10.10.4 with kernel Bronya and Tora Chi Yo, both on two opcode error   :no:

sorry, I found a more relevant topic

Thanks anyway!

Edited by #McFly

idem for FX no problem stable and performance 

FX o/c à 4,3 / 1,35 v :D

use voodopstate for cool energy ;)

same  cpu, same kernel, osx 10.10.4 but cinebench score 540 pt 

I'm waiting for someone to post the first "How do I install Mac OS X El Capitan on my AMD?" I can literally see it happening very soon.

FYI for fellow AMD users, we will only see this being worked on when the source from Apple gets released, and with their rate maybe early next year!

EDIT: Instead I got a PM message  :thumbsdown_anim:

Hello Duran,

hello guys

my current test to start "El Capitan OS X 10.11" with Yosemite "AMD Kernel" ends as.  Booting with the various kernels running amazing very clean, unfortunately end them all in "Kernel Extensions in backtrace, see image.

I tested with various kernels and various adjustments in the system directory, unfortunately we have to wait until Apple released the xnu source to create a suitable amd kernel for El Capitan.  ^_^

Edit:

I'm grateful for any idea to fix this problem, but I look at the whole thing as to experiment. :)

20150715_183826.jpg

20150715_192749.jpg

Edited by spakk
Edit
  • Like 3

Hello Duran,

hello guys

my current test to start "El Capitan OS X 10.11" with Yosemite "AMD Kernel" ends as.  Booting with the various kernels running amazing very clean, unfortunately end them all in "Kernel Extensions in backtrace, see image.

I tested with various kernels and various adjustments in the system directory, unfortunately we have to wait until Apple released the xnu source to create a suitable amd kernel for El Capitan.  ^_^

Same issue on my end that you're having. However... About a month ago, Bronya told me somewhere in the Chameleon topic that he knows/has one/for AMD that works and boots. Just isn't sharing! So, I have a feeling it will be sooner than the release of the XNU source. Just Saying!  ;)

• Like 1

Same issue on my end that you're having. However... About a month ago, Bronya told me somewhere in the Chameleon topic that he knows/has one/for AMD that works and boots. Just isn't sharing! So, I have a feeling it will be sooner than the release of the XNU source. Just Saying!  ;)

I know that  :yes: