[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

it works .... I am on.. have a hard disk that is full. OS X gives me a warning message "HDD is full." I must make clear my partition. I'll come back later and will report. what do you make therefore yosemite 10.10.5 starts.

Great news. Will get my test partition ready.

I'm such a stupid nut. I have made an adjustment, and now comes an error with sandbox, I'm fighting for to remove this error . At the end I get resetting iocatalogue !!!

New kernel... nice

apologized for the long wait, I had chaos, but now everything is great!

I upload just the files, there are many Mb's :D 

Edit:

shaneee, following the upload, I make a new kernel.
use either: kernel rc7 of Bronya or the last of Tora Chi Yo, or my last kernel, I booted with my last kernel on 10.10.5.

Edit:

I'm so excited that can you maybe not imagine. :D

Edit:

1.)

Uses the Yosemite HD v3 app from Chris1111, and create a finished executable OS X version. Please note very carefully the instruction from Chris !!!
The tool may only be applied to an HDD, as long as you do not need the data in it / partitions. All data and partitions will be deleted irrevocably !!!

2.)

(download the Extensions folder and the other files for 10.10.5: http://workupload.com/file/5OLOGXs7 )

then you need to exchange my Extensions folder against yours, and follow the instructions into Info.txt, then repair the disk permissions.

3.)

then enter in the terminal the prelinked code from a current OS X version to Yosemite 10.10.5 HDD/Partition:

cd /Volumes/Macintosh_HD

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

4.) and then restart your System!

5.) If the system should stop at first boot on:  **** [IOBluetoothHCIController] [SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport!   .....then please wait a little, or boot with:  -s -x ....

then

fsck -fy           (enter and wait a wile)

then

mount -uw /    (enter and wait a wile)

then

exit                  (enter , the System start)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Info for beginners:

When the scanning is finished and no problem was found, usually a message the following is displayed:

** The volume (name_of_volume) is apparently ok

If "fsck" detects problems and makes changes, repair or correction, this message appears:

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****

then repeat this process until the message appears:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good Luck!

Edit:

Info for beginners (for Experienced is that logically)

However, we should be very vigilant when updating! and note that a new update changed the Extensions folder !! then previously make a backup, and then make an update!

10.10.5 on AMD.png

Edited by spakk
  • Like 6

Edit:

I have all my drivers in /Extra/Extensions/   and   /S/L/Extensions remains unchanged ! :hysterical:download file, see above

Now I'm going to set up Yosemite 10.10.5 to my main operating system and I hope that all programs will work without problems. I'll start first with XCode.

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Edit:

I have all my drivers in /Extra/Extensions/ and /S/L/Extensions remains unchanged ! :hysterical: download file, see above

Now I'm going to set up Yosemite 10.10.5 to my main operating system and I hope that all programs will work without problems. I'll start first with XCode.

According this post i understand so that you install 10.10.5 without any changes in system except replacement of kernel and installing kexts for you hardware. Am I right?

According this post i understand so that you install 10.10.5 without any changes in system except replacement of kernel and installing kexts for you hardware. Am I right?

it should be a joke, fun... :D

if I had not made these changes, I would not boot 10.10.5.

I am sure that one or two system drivers in System/Library/Extensions/ gives us the problems, unfortunately I did not locate him. Maybe this system drivers must only be replaced by an older one. if someone has much time, this can be very happy to locate.

Edited by spakk

apologized for the long wait, I had chaos, but now everything is great!

I upload just the files, there are many Mb's :D

Edit:

shaneee, following the upload, I make a new kernel.

use either: kernel rc7 of Bronya or the last of Tora Chi Yo, or my last kernel, I booted with my last kernel on 10.10.5.

Edit:

I'm so excited that can you maybe not imagine. :D

Edit:

1.)

Uses the Yosemite HD v3 app from Chris1111, and create a finished executable OS X version. Please note very carefully the instruction from Chris !!!

The tool may only be applied to an HDD, as long as you do not need the data in it / partitions. All data and partitions will be deleted irrevocably !!!

2.)

(download the Extensions folder and the other files for 10.10.5: http://workupload.com/file/5OLOGXs7 )

then you need to exchange my Extensions folder against yours, and follow the instructions into Info.txt, then repair the disk permissions.

3.)

then enter in the terminal the prelinked code from a current OS X version to Yosemite 10.10.5 HDD/Partition:

cd /Volumes/Macintosh_HD

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

4.) and then restart your System!

5.) If the system should stop at first boot on:  **** [iOBluetoothHCIController] [searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] - Missing Bluetooth Controller transport!   .....then please wait a little, or boot with:  -s -x ....

then

fsck -fy           (enter and wait a wile)

then

mount -uw /    (enter and wait a wile)

then

exit                  (enter , the System start)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Info for beginners:

When the scanning is finished and no problem was found, usually a message the following is displayed:

If "fsck" detects problems and makes changes, repair or correction, this message appears:

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****

then repeat this process until the message appears:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good Luck!

WORKED FOR ME!!! Plus.... I skipped steps 1 and 3.  :P

post-1411155-0-93194600-1440455696_thumb.png

• Like 1

WORKED FOR ME!!! Plus.... I skipped steps 1 and 3.  :P

Which kernel did you use?

but that is the kernel based on 10.10.2 (Tora Chi Yo Rev.8 is based on 10.10.1), the new kernel based on 10.10.3, I will after I've finished installing Xcode, then build and will upload here.

Edit:

Maybe coming Tora chi yo or Bronya or Andy, in the meantime.
I get a headache, try my luck tomorrow to building a kernel. I can not think CLEARLY in the moment, sorry

Edit:

what about the rest, 10.10.5 works for you or not?

Edited by spakk

Based on Tora Chi Yo patch file. Need to wait on someone who knows what they are doing :D

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-08-24 at 21.09.31.png

Edit: Nevermind can't build this kernel vanilla either :(

Hi Shaneee,  similar problem, but the sun will surely shine tomorrow. :D

/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/makedefs/MakeInc.kernel:209: warning: overriding commands for target `/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/BUILD/sym/.dSYM'

/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/makedefs/MakeInc.kernel:194: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/BUILD/sym/.dSYM'

/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/makedefs/MakeInc.kernel:209: warning: overriding commands for target `/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/BUILD/dst//.dSYM'

/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/makedefs/MakeInc.kernel:194: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/Users/mein/Yosemite/xnu-2782.20.48_SSEPlus-v2/BUILD/dst//.dSYM'

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `setsegname.o', needed by `setsegname'. Stop.

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `externs.o', needed by `config'. Stop.

make[4]: *** [build_setup] Error 2

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `decomment.o', needed by `decomment'. Stop.

make[3]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_setsegname] Error 2

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `replacecontents.o', needed by `replacecontents'. Stop.

make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make[3]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_decomment] Error 2

make[3]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_config] Error 2

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `installfile.o', needed by `installfile'. Stop.

make[3]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_replacecontents] Error 2

make[3]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_installfile] Error 2

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `kextsymboltool.o', needed by `kextsymboltool'. Stop.

make[3]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_kextsymboltool] Error 2

make[2]: *** [build_setup_recurse_into_SETUP] Error 2

make[1]: *** [build_setup_bootstrap_RELEASE^X86_64^NONE] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

:)

use kernel Andy 

Darwin Mac-Pro-de-gils 14.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.1.0: di 10 feb 2015 02:21:50 CET; joris:XNU-AnV/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

now 10.10.5 14F27 works good  :thumbsup_anim:  with Extensions 10.10.4 and AppleMatch/Sandbox 10.10.5/Pthread 10.10 / ACPI/iopci patched  ;) 

:)

use kernel Andy 

Darwin Mac-Pro-de-gils 14.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.1.0: di 10 feb 2015 02:21:50 CET; joris:XNU-AnV/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

now 10.10.5 14F27 works good  :thumbsup_anim:  with Extensions 10.10.4 and AppleMatch/Sandbox 10.10.5/Pthread 10.10 / ACPI/iopci patched  ;) 

but problem with kext-cache , boot -f and voodooPstate no works  :worried_anim:

kernel Bronya works ;)

Vue d’ensemble du logiciel système :

Version du système : OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)

Version du noyau : Darwin 14.0.0

Volume de démarrage : test

Mode de démarrage : Normal

Nom de l’ordinateur : Mac Pro de gils

Nom de l’utilisateur : gils (gils)

Mémoire virtuelle sécurisée : activée

Temps depuis le démarrage : 5 minutes

Darwin Mac-Pro-de-gils 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Wed Mar  4 18:21:33 MSK 2015; Bronya:xnu-2782.1.97_amd/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

post-1093405-0-23580900-1440460515_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-33195900-1440462107_thumb.png

Edited by gils83
  • Like 1

Delete voodoostate! only makes problems ... This driver has cost me a lot of time.

• Like 1

but that is the kernel based on 10.10.2 (Tora Chi Yo Rev.8 is based on 10.10.1), the new kernel based on 10.10.3, I will after I've finished installing Xcode, then build and will upload here.

Edit:

Maybe coming Tora chi yo or Bronya or Andy, in the meantime.

I get a headache, try my luck tomorrow to building a kernel. I can not think CLEARLY in the moment, sorry

Edit:

what about the rest, 10.10.5 works for you or not?

Everything is working as of right now. The only issue I'm having is Chrome keeping my passwords saved.

Everything is working as of right now. The only issue I'm having is Chrome keeping my passwords saved.

change the settings in Chrome and disable the storing of passwords.

I use firefox, is fine.

Edited by spakk

Delete voodoostate! only makes problems ... This driver has cost me a lot of time.

Working FLAWLESSLY/NO ISSUES on my end!

ALSO.... I was a little curious with your success getting 14F27 to boot.... I applied that same method to 10.11 El Capitan Beta 2.... IT WORKS/DOESN'T WORK. I get 98% booted and right before finishing and stating the OS... it reboots. So, my 2 cents for tonight, your method to getting 14F27 just might be the answer to getting El Capitan to boot on AMD. Stuck with meetings all week at the office, won't be back for a few days.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!

P.S. - I used the Tora kernel and get NO kernel panics or errors. The issue comes down to something with the USB kext not working or I get stuck at Bluetooth.

• Like 1