[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

WOW!!! Awesome!!!

I installed 10.10.3 beta via App Store and it works just perfect!

And most importantly, I don't know how but iCloud now work perfect. Before update I can get sync in all apps with iCloud, but in System Preferences it still wanted that I confirm my iCloud account with password and says that my ID valid but not iCloud account.

But after update My iCloud begin works fully for all 100%!!!

Thanks!!! Great kernel and kext!

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2015-03-10 в 12.58.54.png

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2015-03-10 в 12.59.14.png

Do you have clover or Chameleon?? Still not working iCloud on my Mackintosh. I have Chameleon now.

boot up with a niresh usb and fix permtitions to of the disk got the same error

o also found out that niresh install USB disk doesnt have time machine so now i need a AMD boot with time machine inside to recover the sistem

i went back a tried again..

looks like you already fixes all CPU problems, i went back and test couple of times, sometimes it random boot in Opcode errors once awhile and its seems your latest kernel vs Bronya rc6 benchmark faster than his thats a good start..and i say this in my perspective i have FX cpu and he does too..but the matter you fixes the FSB corrections for overclockers and 990fx chipsets stability..i appreciated your hardwork,,still need lot more people like yoursevles can figureout of making drivers and kexts since hackers is not going to wait for apple fix things on next patches...maybe we should all starting hacking on drivers next since kernels is not going help any much since already running 100% on my AMD FX correctly now its figure out why the GPU slowdowns with apps and Benchmarks than last Maverick version was running lot faster in those areas.. 

Wierd, I got opcode errors with this kernel, using an 8350FX on an 990FX Sabertooth Rev2.0.

Got ACHI enabled, played with some flags, which did you use?

yes, are the same and even kernel kext since 10.10.1 :D

Nice! Thank you!

I admit I yet have to read up a bit more about the in depth, technical,  struggles and compatibility for OSX and AMD.

I'm gonna try this tonight and report back. :D

P.S.

Is there a donation sort of thing going for the AMD hackintosh devs?

i will try this later on there is something on the kernel you use glis83 my machine doesnt like and it panics

that doesnt happen with the defaul amd64 build on 23 november ..dont know what yet

use distro ? 

Why is a distro a bad idea?

I just discovered Niresh's distro, and it's very appealing.

no , no and no .

look method ;)

post-1093405-0-59736600-1429318547_thumb.png

Hello 

well i m trying to make a AMD only install USB boot disk and i have to say tank you very much glis83 for that video on youtibe i follow it

my problem is that i cant find a kernel that boots ..the r8n gices me a unsuported cpu and the bonka rn7 gives me dectedted invalid wnmsr and stops

any ideia why i still have the kernel inside niresh distro to tes the amd64 one but its older i think

thank you

this is the kernel that i m using right now i dont think i can use it to upgrade to 10.10.3 or 10.10.2 for that matter

Darwin rictecs-Mac-Pro.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: So 23 Nov 2014 19:18:01 CET; mein:BSA_10.10_rc1_a/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Hello 

well i m trying to make a AMD only install USB boot disk and i have to say tank you very much glis83 for that video on youtibe i follow it

my problem is that i cant find a kernel that boots ..the r8n gices me a unsuported cpu and the bonka rn7 gives me dectedted invalid wnmsr and stops

any ideia why i still have the kernel inside niresh distro to tes the amd64 one but its older i think

thank you

this is the kernel that i m using right now i dont think i can use it to upgrade to 10.10.3 or 10.10.2 for that matter

Darwin rictecs-Mac-Pro.local 14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: So 23 Nov 2014 19:18:01 CET; mein:BSA_10.10_rc1_a/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Now, i have tora chi yo kernel working perfect

I Have an Amd Phenom ii x4 nvidia gt 220

• Like 1

Now, i have tora chi yo kernel working perfect

I Have an Amd Phenom ii x4 nvidia gt 220

Thank you for the info

i would like to thank glis83 for that incredible video on youtube without it i would take months to figure it out

also like to thank Bronya for his incredible fast kernel wow its very good 

and also to Tora chi without his kext my 9800GT would probably never work

my USB pen is done now i will do the upgrades 

PS i m using this kernel with 10.10.1

14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Wed Mar  4 18:21:33 MSK 2015; Bronya:xnu-2782.1.97_amd/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

thank you all

thank you Andy for this info 

I did almost exactly this just copied the kernel to the root not to /kernel 

i also already had the Bronya kernel running but without the phtread.kext loaded and it KP on update

conclusion to anyone who as a AMD Phenon 9950 .....upgrading from 10.10.1 to 10.10.3 with a similar motherboard as mine

copy all the 14d131 glis83 zip kext files to /Extra/Extensions

copy the Bronya kernel to the root  

note that AppleACPIPlatform.kext may not work for you so remove it and also phtread.kext save a copy of that one 

install 10.10.1 normally from the image file and boot with the Bronya kernel with /Kernel you dont need to put all the settings because nothing will be changed on Extra

copy over the phread.kext before updating to 10.10.3

run the update 

reboot with /kernel again 

after update is finished copy kernel to /S/L/K

enjoy 10.10.3 

thanks to all the guys that made this possible :D

• Like 3

thank you Andy for this info 

I did almost exactly this just copied the kernel to the root not to /kernel 

i also already had the Bronya kernel running but without the phtread.kext loaded and it KP on update

conclusion to anyone who as a AMD Phenon 9950 .....upgrading from 10.10.1 to 10.10.3 with a similar motherboard as mine

copy all the 14d131 glis83 zip kext files to /Extra/Extensions

copy the Bronya kernel to the root  

note that AppleACPIPlatform.kext may not work for you so remove it and also phtread.kext save a copy of that one 

install 10.10.1 normally from the image file and boot with the Bronya kernel with /Kernel you dont need to put all the settings because nothing will be changed on Extra

copy over the phread.kext before updating to 10.10.3

run the update 

reboot with /kernel again 

after update is finished copy kernel to /S/L/K

enjoy 10.10.3 

thanks to all the guys that made this possible :D

Which Bronya kernel did you use, do you by any chance have a link? :P Thanks!

Edit:

Nvm, everything can be found in this zip:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-59?do=findComment&comment=2127237 Right?

Thanks to Gils83. (And ofc the other devs!)

• Like 1

Which Bronya kernel did you use, do you by any chance have a link? :P Thanks!

Edit:

Nvm, everything can be found in this zip:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-59?do=findComment&comment=2127237 Right?

Thanks to Gils83. (And ofc the other devs!)

this one 

14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Wed Mar  4 18:21:33 MSK 2015; Bronya:xnu-2782.1.97_amd/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

taken from glis83 zip file here