OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

:no: Would Someone please help me! Whenever i try to boot into clover and enter bootargs and then enter onto the bootable usb drive i get a black screen, tried on two different computers with same result. I made bootable usb again and again and I'm sure it's 100% fine. I just can't get what's the problem. Any help is most appreciated!

having the same problem here!

So i found that clover is hiding my yosemite partition for some reason, checked config.plist under hide, it is not setup to hide it.

2:437  0:050   6: 'USB'
2:592  0:155    hiding entry: \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi

P.S. for no confusion i named my yosemite as USB long time ago when i installed mavericks, but didnt rename it afterwards.

I have an HD4600 Built in card.  I do see this card listed under Clover, option, Graphics Injector. Intel Inject is checked and Injext EDID is unchecked.  I changed Nvidia to true in my clover boot config file, but seeing I am not using an  Nvidia card this may not help.  Let me know what else I can do.  Thanks

I have an HD4600 Built in card.  I do see this card listed under Clover, option, Graphics Injector. Intel Inject is checked and Injext EDID is unchecked.  I changed Nvidia to true in my clover boot config file, but seeing I am not using an  Nvidia card this may not help.  Let me know what else I can do.  Thanks

HD4600 is not supported by apple. Try to edit your graphics kexts or buy a PCI-E graphics.

Correct me if I am wrong :)

Good Luck :)

This is an alternative guide to install Yosemite.

All this steps must be run on Mavericks/Mountain Lion

1. Restore the BaseSystem.dmg in a USB device.

2. Delete the Packages link in /Volumes/USB/System/Installation/

3. Eject, from Disk Utility, OS X BaseSystem

4. Rename, as a simple directory, your usb from "OS X BaseSystem" to "Install"

5. Copy Packages directory from /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages in /Volumes/Install/System/Installation/

6. Copy, with " cp -rp /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.*     /Volumes/Install/ "

7. Eject, from Disk Utility, OS X Install ESD.

8. Copy the FakeSMC.kext and other kext you need. (Start with very needed kexts!)

9. Delete /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

10. Download this -> kernel ( is the kernel of OS X 10.10 )

11. Run, from terminal, this command:

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K ~/Desktop/kernel /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions

Now, if you have errors on kext dependencies you can remove it (if not needed) and retry to execute the command above.

Tips: to search for a kext with terminal use the find function with: "find /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions -name kext_name" and it will search also in PlugIns subfolders.

Now you must install Clover to boot the system. (I'm not writing the steps here because are very simple and depends on your system)

Good luck! 

PS. This is the method that I have used to install Yosemite on my Acer Aspire 6930G (in signature)

Edited by Marchrius
  • Like 8

Thanks Marchrius! I'm getting these errors though:

VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is not authentic; omitting.

VoodooPS2Mouse.kext is not authentic; omitting.
VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext is not authentic; omitting.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not authentic; omitting.
CPUSensors.kext is not authentic; omitting.
ACPISensors.kext is not authentic; omitting.
FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting.

And these kexts are pretty much essential for me. Is there any way to solve this?

(also, it's kextcache, not kextcahce (typo)).

Thanks Marchrius! I'm getting these errors though:

And these kexts are pretty much essential for me. Is there any way to solve this?

(also, it's kextcache, not kextcahce (typo)).

This 2 kext are not required (is only for graphical info)

CPUSensors.kext is not authentic; omitting.
ACPISensors.kext is not authentic; omitting.

For this:

VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext is not authentic; omitting.
VoodooPS2Mouse.kext is not authentic; omitting.
VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext is not authentic; omitting.
VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not authentic; omitting.
FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting.

Is the file present in /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache/Startup/kernelcache ?

If the answer is yes you can launch the installation with kext-dev-mode=1 -v -s and the rebuild the kernel cache, with the same command, from there.

If the answer is no I think you must add the kexts to AppleKextExcludeList.kext

I've built my USB installer and followed these guides to the letter, but I keep getting reboots right before I reach the installer GUI. Any ideas guys?

The boot log?

Just removed graphics kexts and now I can see that it's a KP. Trying to capture a drill before it reboots this time so I can report back.

Lol and of course this time, after failing several times, I got it! Lol

Is the file present in /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.cache/Startup/kernelcache ?

If the answer is yes you can launch the installation with kext-dev-mode=1 -v -s and the rebuild the kernel cache, with the same command, from there.

If the answer is no I think you must add the kexts to AppleKextExcludeList.kext

How can I view the contents of kernelcache file? Also, I've tried adding those kexts to the excludelist using KextExcludeListUpdater (sudo KextExcludeListUpdater -f /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext -k /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext - is this the right syntax?) but it didn't make any difference.

@theconnactic, don't know if you're still getting that installer error, but that has to do with the way the installer was created. I ran into that with Mavericks. I'll have to look back to see how I fixed it.

@Zetch, that's because you didn't copy all the pkg files to the installer so it's trying to download everything.

I am surprised that I am unable to load Yosemite through Clover due to having the HD4600.  That means that everyone that has the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H is in the same boat unless they have a dedicated GPU.  Would I need to put an Nvidia card in just to do the installation or would I need to keep it in whenever I am running Yosemite.  Thanks

How can I view the contents of kernelcache file? Also, I've tried adding those kexts to the excludelist using KextExcludeListUpdater (sudo KextExcludeListUpdater -f /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext -k /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext - is this the right syntax?) but it didn't make any difference.

The -f option must be used with a directory (e.g /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions) then it will add all the new kexts to AppleKextExcludeList.kext :)

This makes it even worse because AKEL.kext wont be authentic after editing anymore.

post-376898-0-89951400-1401912142_thumb.jpg

The -f option must be used with a directory (e.g /Volumes/Install/System/Library/Extensions) then it will add all the new kexts to AppleKextExcludeList.kext :)

Yep, figured it out already and it has done its job, but...

This makes it even worse because AKEL.kext wont be authentic after editing anymore.

This is true unfortunately, it now indicates that AKEL.kext is not authentic.

I am surprised that I am unable to load Yosemite through Clover due to having the HD4600. That means that everyone that has the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H is in the same boat unless they have a dedicated GPU. Would I need to put an Nvidia card in just to do the installation or would I need to keep it in whenever I am running Yosemite. Thanks

Create a dsdt and try this patch into your dsdt.aml then put the dsdt.aml into clover under Clover/ACPI/patched

https://github.com/xenatt/Hackintosh/blob/master/DSDT/Patch/INTEL-HD4600.txt

Here the patch:

hope you have an Intel hd4600, so should your graphics card to work. What settings do you have to make in clover config.plist ... because you have to search in the clover instructions.

Good luck!

Edited by spakk

Is there any way to sign it after editing? Maybe Rehabman have some ideas as some of his kexts are in the AKEL.kext OOB...

• Like 1

Are you creating the kext instead of kernelcache? If you do this things from OS 10.10 single mode user you must start with kext-dev-mode=1