OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I have never encountered this in my Hackintoshing days but whenever I get booted into the installer I am greeted with "OSX UTILITIES" rather than the OS installer. This means I cannot install OSX only DL it from the internet which of course requires apple verification which I fail. I put the installer on my flash drive by restoring the basesystem dmg to it. 

I've managed to get 10.10 installed succesfully on my Lenovo U310, however, QE/CI on my HD4000 is a fail for me.

Moving intel graphics drivers fixed the Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport issue, but OS X runs slow as heck.

FYI: I've hackintoshed before and testing out 10.10 on a different partition before I upgrade my 10.9. I also run clover as my bootloader.

Anybody got any ideas?

I've gotten the Installer to boot to the super-light gray screen with the NullCPUPowerManagement kext and FakeSMC, but as soon as it gets to the darker gray screen I get a KP saying something about no HPETs (but I do have HPET enabled and in 64-bit mode in my BIOS) and "CPUs configured incorrectly". I'm using Clover with no modifications other than the kexts on the Installer.

How would I go about fixing this? It seems like I need to patch the AppleIntelCPU kext, but that's for 10.9. How would I fix this?

Thanks!

Oh, and I'm using an Intel i7 870 with an 1156 GA P55 USB3 board.

I've got it installed now. My problems stemmed from expecting Ozmosis to be able to load its kexts at some point but instead I'm back to installing them into /S/L/E for now. Thanks to truesoldier for the tip.

My regular audio patch worked fine. Also, as the OpenCL power management bug is back I used MacAndor's OpenCL.framework patch to kill that.

Despite unchecking the box to reload my apps after a restart it insists on loading them up anyway.

I didn't like the old Finder icon but this new one is horrible.

The new folder icons are even worse.

Osx Yosemite have integrated drivers for touchscreen computers, touch works without commercial driver on the surface pro running it!!!!!!!!!!!

may we have to expect something new? ;)

• Like 3

I just got it installed. How do we apply our custom kexts? Ive tried using kext utility but now os X wont boot!

Also my wifi and Bluetooth started working natively. Bluetooth never worked before (it was integrated with the wifi card atheros ar9285 and I guess os X never liked it much). Could this be because of the new os X version or because of clover? Since I used chameleon up until 10.10...

I have Yosemite running on a 40 GB partition and it's working great except that, like most HP laptops, I can only boot up using cpus=1.  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext didn't seem to do anything.  Any ideas until Clover is able to make the Lapic patch work? 

I have Yosemite running on a 40 GB partition and it's working great except that, like most HP laptops, I can only boot up using cpus=1. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext didn't seem to do anything. Any ideas until Clover is able to make the Lapic patch work?

Glad to see you here my friend! I still can't get the installer to boot. Having the instant reboot issue. I forget now, was your HP a haswell i7 or was it the ivy bridge?

Glad to see you here my friend! I still can't get the installer to boot. Having the instant reboot issue. I forget now, was your HP a haswell i7 or was it the ivy bridge?

Ivy Bridge - Intel HM76 Chipset

• Like 1

I have never encountered this in my Hackintoshing days but whenever I get booted into the installer I am greeted with "OSX UTILITIES" rather than the OS installer. This means I cannot install OSX only DL it from the internet which of course requires apple verification which I fail. I put the installer on my flash drive by restoring the basesystem dmg to it.

Same here: rather strange. Did you manage to solve it? I'm actually posting this from the Safari version from inside the installer, for that matter.

Gave it a whirl since a couple of you said you got it going on ozmosis. Created my install USB and it booted no problem. My first attempt to install gave me the beach ball of death right at the start so I restarted and it worked the 2nd time. It booted right up and showed the setup assistant for a few seconds but then it flaked out on me until I force closed the setup assistant. I restarted and then got the "No" symbol halfway through the progress bar. I'm assuming it's a fakeSMC problem. Working on that now.

Hey Guys, I got the installer working, but after 3-4 minutes it fails and tells me an error occurred when unpacking "Essentials.pkg". Is the USB bad? OR is it something else?

Edit: 1 more thing... I have a working Mavericks Installation from which I prepare the Usb, everything is fine while the PC is on, but after I restart it(in case I need to remake the Usb like now) it tells me it cannot repair the disk and I cannot write  files to it. Is this common?

I have Yosemite running on a 40 GB partition and it's working great except that, like most HP laptops, I can only boot up using cpus=1. NullCPUPowerManagement.kext didn't seem to do anything. Any ideas until Clover is able to make the Lapic patch work?

Is it a probook or elitebook?