OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

simple, you create the folder 10.10 within CLOVER/KEXTS.

And that works, I tried that and looked in .log and it doesn't show that clover even looks into that folder

Has anyone tried new Yosemite features like Continuity & Handoff? Are they available now in the DP or will they be released in future builds (like iBooks on Mavericks)?

Cheers

P.S. Thanks Slice and Clover Dev Team for new Clover builds, will try the latest one hoping that kext injection solves video blackout after installing devices' kexts. Will report asap.

i have a strange problem :(

my battery icon not displaying!
but when i do the following:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /
chmod -R 755 ACPIBatteryManager.kext
chown -R root:wheel ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kextload -v ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
exit

the icon appear untill i restart my laptop! and when i start my laptop again my battery not displaying again!

my laptop is Dell N5110
and ACPIBatteryManager kext in the attachment.
Can you help me please

ACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

what is best way to create cache in yosemite ?? 

As far as I remember since 10.6 you need no to create cache. The system will do this automatically if you delete old one

Drag all files from /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ to trash and reboot. Wait for a minute until the cache will appear again.

• Like 1

As far as I remember since 10.6 you need no to create cache. The system will do this automatically if you delete old one

Drag all files from /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ to trash and reboot. Wait for a minute until the cache will appear again.

Can you help me in my problem here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-23?do=findComment&comment=2025635

thanks in advance

OK It might be my hardware only but I think its worth to mention that in clover 2**95 and Yosemite memory profile detection will cause a black screen with mouse if enabled. Seems pretty weird because I have memory profile set to 1 in BIos but it doesn't take place on OSX unless I use clover detection which as I said cause the black screen with mouse.

And that works, I tried that and looked in .log and it doesn't show that clover even looks into that folder

I created a new Flash drive installation, I created this folder (10.10) in CLOVER/KEXTS added Fakesmc. kext and everything worked fine for me.

So how does Yosemite compare to Mavericks performance-wise?

How are simple things like boot speed, app launching, graphics (like system animations)... etc

So how does Yosemite compare to Mavericks performance-wise?

How are simple things like boot speed, app launching, graphics (like system animations)... etc

Do you really think we can say a single on that at the very first DP? No way nobody could ever tell.

I installed Yosemite successfully, but the system will now not boot.  I go through clover and try and boot using single user mode.  My system sleeps just as the Yosemite should be starting.  Should I use some boot flags. If so, which ones and do I add them in clover, options, Boot Arg.  Appreciate and help. 

Now I'm trying yosemite on different setup, though i keep hanging before i even enter in single user mode. This is on MSI H87-G43, pmpatched bios.

I plan on buying this board ! Where did get the bios patch? Is it the military gaming board? BTW it doesn't reach the installer coz kexts aren't being loaded correctly. Try clover 2**95. Or manually load fakesmc.

I used same installation on other machine, it worked, so i tried tweaking clover a bit, but no success, i'll give 2**95 a try if i can actually find official release? Tho i dont know how can i manually load fakesmc, when i cant get into single user mode.. hm.. 

i dloaded original bios from msi site, patched it with pmpatch, and applied patched bios from bios m-flash

I installed Yosemite successfully, but one big issue, everytime i start control panel, itunes or open some websites with safari like google, i get a beachball and the app is no longer reacting. If i press tab in the terminal, the same issue happens, its annoying to avoid pressing tab working on stuff in terminal ;)

Any idea whats happening here? fakesmc is up and running (signed version), no other kext installed.

Solved: issue was sound, after fixing the kext to get sound, all the above problems disappeared.

Kext injection is working for me with the newest Clover build.  Thanks Slice.  BTW, I tried booting without cpus=1 using the new Clover build and I no longer get a Lapic KP.  However, it hangs shortly after the boot process begins.  I'm not sure what's up with that but I have no problem booting up with cpus=1.

For anyone else having problems with the Lapic panic, I read up on Donovan6000's blogs and, according to what he wrote, the kernel patch cannot be made until Apple releases the source code for the new Yosemite kernel.  It will likely be necessary to boot with cpus=1 for the next several weeks.

post-270804-0-77121700-1401991828_thumb.png

For anyone else having problems with the Lapic panic, I read up on Donovan6000's blogs and, according to what he wrote, the kernel patch cannot be made until Apple releases the source code for the new Yosemite kernel.  It will likely be necessary to boot with cpus=1 for the next several weeks.

Try:

cp /System/Library/Kernels/kernel ~/Desktop/kernel.bak
sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x3B\x05\xAE\xFC\x69\x00)\x74\x11|${1}\xEB\x11|g' /System/Library/Kernels/kernel
  • Like 3