OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

My laptop's keyboard doesn't seem to be working upon entering single user mode, I get to the bash prompt but I can't type in anything. So I guess I have to either wait for a new Clover release that will support injecting VoodooPS2Controller kext *or* use an external USB keyboard, right?

My laptop's keyboard doesn't seem to be working upon entering single user mode, I get to the bash prompt but I can't type in anything. So I guess I have to either wait for a new Clover release that will support injecting VoodooPS2Controller kext *or* use an external USB keyboard, right?

What you need is a usb keyboard. ps2 drivers are not loaded in single user mode

• Like 1

All installed now thanks to the kind folk of insanely mac. Just having trouble installing clover now because it keeps putting the EFI folder in the EFI backups folder. My audio also does not work even though I am using a USB headset which is detected in settings and worked on previous installs. Everything else is flawless though.

Did you try this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/?p=2024790

If it does not work yet you can try this kernelcache with essential kexts included, just replace the original in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and boot with kext-dev-mode=1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4cx18r

Did you try this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/?p=2024790

If it does not work yet you can try this kernelcache with essential kexts included, just replace the original in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and boot with kext-dev-mode=1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4cx18r

Yes, I'm using this particular version of Clover right now and unfortunately it does not inject kexts properly yet (even with kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as per suggestions).

I'm going to give this kernelcache a try, thanks!

edit:

Clover fails to boot the OS,

OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

Requested mem: C43000 - 6835FFF, Pages: 5BF3, Size: 5BF3000

Reloc block: BLF2C000 - B6319FFF, Pages: 43EE, Size: 43EE000

Reloc block can handle mem requests: 0 - 43E0FFF

Exiting in 30 secs ...

Error allocating 0x5bf3 pages at 0x0000000000c43000 alloc type 2

Error loading kernel cache (0xe)

Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting ...

So after installation in Clover i see Mavericks Partition, recovery hd(after yosemite installation) and windows partitions, i can't boot into yosemite cuz can't find its partition.

Then maybe the EFI folder is missing in your USB Stick/Partition. Install the EFI folder in your USB Stick/Partition. and boot again.

I'm using VoodooHDA.kext, version 2.8.5 and it's working just fine.  I added a patched node in order to get my subwoofer to work and created a multi-output device in order to use the analog speakers and subwoofer together.

There is present EFI folder in EFI partition, so i just installed EFI folder in yosemite partition as well, but still cannot see it in Clover bootloader, i can only boot in mavericks.

P.S. partition named USB is where Yosemite has been installed to.

post-238389-0-38759300-1401903278_thumb.png

Thanks for all the great suggestions on getting Yosemite installed!  I load clover & get into single user mode.  I type in all the commands and then the system tries to get to the installer, but the screen just stays black.  Is there a boot flag I need to enter, if so where do I enter that? 

Works fine here.

It does work, but not 100%. 

Only thing it works is the alert sound, which is weird. But when listening to music, its some sort of static.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I forgot to set the output... 

Colask8,  You are exactly right!  My monitor is going alseep as my USB is trying to load the installer and then I am just getting a back screen.  There is two injector options - an intel and an EUIE? Do i have both ticked.  I tried that it it does not work.  Does this mean that I do not even need to load the commands as my problem is monitor going to sleep. Any other ideas would be much appreciated.  

Using Voodoo 2.8.4, I can get system sounds to work, but not in iTunes, Youtube, etc.  Anyone else seeing this?  Otherwise, it's working great!

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.  Carry on!  Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

Edited by burkett375

@Craig which graphics card are you using? Does it recognize your graphics card in option on clover bootloader? What I had to do is to edit clover config.plist and edit under Graphics > Injector > nvidia from false to true.

:no: Would Someone please help me! Whenever i try to boot into clover and enter bootargs and then enter onto the bootable usb drive i get a black screen, tried on two different computers with same result. I made bootable usb again and again and I'm sure it's 100% fine. I just can't get what's the problem. Any help is most appreciated!

Does nvidia inject in clover work with yosmite? and does it work if i boot the installation image from disk? for the kext-dev-mode, i used nvram to set the bootargs, i'am able to get into single user mode and load fakesmc from another hardisk. the remaining issue is on installation is no video, i can see the hard disc led flicker regular, but i have no video to install yosmite :/

i'am currently install yosimite in vmware fusion to extract the kernel and make a normal usb install image, i hope this works.

use a DSDT.aml with graphics cards patch and add the dsdt in clover