OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

"Noobs" shouldn't try bleeding edge developer previews. The more experienced users will be busy enough trying to run it themselves to provide any support. If you're positive to try it anyway, it's expected that you're able to solve at least the basic stuff by yourself. Good luck!

• Like 4

{censored}, I cannot migrate an user to a Disk, only to a Hack connected to the same network. Still stuck at the first setup screen.

If I try to boot with the Clover UEFI installed on the EFI partition of the Yosemite disk, I get the same result as you, and the next time I boot I get a report that my system restarted because of a panic. Seems related to the fact I'm using the Intel HD4000 and a discrete NVidia card at the same time, but I didn't bother testing with only one of the GPUs, or even reading the logs, because I managed to bypass this by using the Clover UEFI installed on the EFI partition of my Mavericks HD and selecting the Yosemite HDD from the menu. Try to boot from your installer and select your Yosemite HDD from it.

If I install UEFI clover on my Mavs drive, it's gonna overwrite Chameleon. Can't risk that on my main rig. I have absolutely no experience with Clover, this is it lol

i have same problem like everyone here before. My system keep getting reboot before i can't reach installer screen, FakeSMC seems to be loaded loaded successfully but why always getting reboot. i Have rebuilt my usb stick many times but still get same result.

Okay cool I didn't do the kextload -m

Found that here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298458-installation-guide-for-1010-dp1-usb/

Now I'm getting no signal and a reboot about 5 seconds later -_- I'll try and figure this one out myself.

i think kextload would be necessary at this time, me myself try to figure it out using all combination boot flags but always getting reboot.

Guest wader1111

I read something about someone having the same problem with Mavericks (no signal from monitor then reboot). They fixed it with a patched mach_kernal....

And this shouldn't be a Graphics issue correct? since it restarts after a few seconds? One would think an issue with graphics would cause it to hang on a blank screen

Okay well I can get it past the kernel loading without any boot arguments at all. Just no signal and reboot still

Solved the issue described in the post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2025276. In the end, it was caused by Apple's Magic Mouse being incorrectly detected: seems that pressing return on the USB keyboard wasn't being recognized as a click, so mouse support was crucial to the first setup process. After I finished this, it was just a matter of pairing the mouse and it's now working just like with Mavericks. Now, migrating all my apps from my main HDD to test which ones will work. Stay tuned.

All the best!

I don't understand why I would need a patched kernel. I have a i5 2500K. Should be completely compatible with OSX. This is why I switched to Intel in the first place.

It's so frustrating watching everyone get their systems working on the first boot, and not be able to even boot a freshly completed install.

{censored} Clover, I'm over it. I'll wait for Chameleon. Thanks guys.

Man, you shouldn't be testing pre release software if you're asking for support every time you hit an obstacle. As I said, the experienced users are getting hard times to get it running for themselves. This way, you're adding noise to the thread. I really don't want to be harsh, because I know how frustrating it is when things don't work. There's a couple of guides, just follow them, and ask help in the appropriate topics. If they doesn't work for you, I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait the official release, or at least more developed and proven workarounds.

All the best!

• Like 8

Guest wader1111

Okay so I'm pretty sure it's the fact that I'm using a GT 630. I have my DSDT in Clover/ACPI/Patched on the USB. Didn't seem to change anything. Tried GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes with nothing changed. Anything else? 

Wader, be sure you're following the available guides strictly, and to get familiar with Clover, which is a completely different environment. That said, that's an interesting possibility: perhaps some low end cards are not supported (very unlikely, since my old 9800 GT is running from VGA!), so try using the IGFX only, or swap the GPU with other card.

Guest wader1111

Wader, be sure you're following the available guides strictly, and to get familiar with Clover, which is a completely different environment. That said, that's an interesting possibility: perhaps some low end cards are not supported (very unlikely, since my old 9800 GT is running from VGA!), so try using the IGFX only, or swap the GPU with other card.

Ehh. If that's true, I was planning on buying a new card soon anyways lol. Heading over to my friend's now so I'll know whether or not its messed up settings in Clover or if it's the card. Thanks a bunch for all the tips and support! I'll start reading up on Clover tonight :P

I had to go out and grab this 650 for Mavs cuz my Radeon HD5750 wasn't compatible any more... I have a bunch of old cards I can try but none of them worked in Mavs. So that's probably not gonna be an option for me...

Hahaha didn't even think about that bro... Never ran a DP before lol

This is the first year I didn't have an AMD rig at the time of launch. Every other year I've had to wait months lol

Thanks for all the great posts and helpful information!  I finally reached the installer after trying everything under the sun to get to this point. In the end I have no idea how it got there, but now I just have 1 min left on install.  Now I juts have to figure out how it will boot into Yosemite.  

I had to go out and grab this 650 for Mavs cuz my Radeon HD5750 wasn't compatible any more... I have a bunch of old cards I can try but none of them worked in Mavs. So that's probably not gonna be an option for me...

i use a 5750 with mavs 10,9.3 works great, dont kno why it's not working for you