Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

The HardwareSignature key in Ozmosis defaults sets the seed for what ends up being calculated as your Hardware UUID. This is the same as you would do with Clover's SmUUID SMBIOS key and Chameleon's SMsystemuuid SMBIOS key.  One difference is Ozmosis also sets the HardwareSignature key value as DMI table 1 -> UUID where this is not the case with Clover and Chameleon where extra 00’s pad the values.

What is ‘System-ID’?

• Like 1

Then that will be the same as what's in DMI type 1 -> UUID.

Here on my iMac I see the same data:
$ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id

|       "system-id" = <e4XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX69>

DMI Type 1 (From DarwinDumper)
System Information
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Product Name: iMac11,3
Version: 1.0
Serial Number: 00000000000
UUID: E4XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX69
Wake-up Type: Power Switch
SKU Number: Not Specified
Family: iMac

Clover can only actually inject system-id

Hardware uuid is calculated from system-id. If you inject the same system-id to both system, they will have the same Hardware UUID, no matter difference in Serial Number, BSN, ROM, ....

Clover can only actually inject system-id

Hardware uuid is calculated from system-id. If you inject the same system-id to both system, they will have the same Hardware UUID, no matter difference in Serial Number, BSN, ROM, ....

Can inject and can not inject. I live without it.

slice$ ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id
 slice$ 

I already started my own thread here, but it's Ozmosis related so I figured I'd post here too. I flashed Ozmosis 1479 on my z77x-ud5h installed Yosemite and got it up and running. I tried using migration assistant to copy over my data and now I get kernel panic. The TM backup was taken from my hack which had 10.10 installed using Clover. I would guess that is what is causing issue but not sure what to do. Please, any and all help is welcome. Thanks!

-picture can be found on my thread i linked to

Solved:

The backup had copied over FakeSMC conflicting with the version in ozmosis causing a KP

• Like 1

Hello all. Been lurking for a while and decided to give Oz a go on my GA-Z77N-WIFI. Downloaded a modded bios from the German forum for F3 and the 149x (sorry don't have details in front of me at the moment). Q-Flash went fine but I can't get anything to boot. Vanilla 10.10.1 USB boots very slowly from white logo on black screen and then shows the no parking symbol (still waiting for device). I get the same if I try booting a formally working chimera partition (still has some kexts). I removed the EFI folder from an old Clover attempt just to ensure that I was booting vanilla but I see that there is some reference to EFI/Oz etc. I thought Oz was the boot loader but it still needs to load an EFI partition? Any ideas as to what is up? I also tried doing my own patch with MMTool but get the same no parking symbol result... Finally: tried checking a new build of Oz was up but the site appears offline?

Hmm Oz version on that modded bios was probably 1479.

Hello all. Been lurking for a while and decided to give Oz a go on my GA-Z77N-WIFI. Downloaded a modded bios from the German forum for F3 and the 149x (sorry don't have details in front of me at the moment). Q-Flash went fine but I can't get anything to boot. Vanilla 10.10.1 USB boots very slowly from white logo on black screen and then shows the no parking symbol (still waiting for device). I get the same if I try booting a formally working chimera partition (still has some kexts). I removed the EFI folder from an old Clover attempt just to ensure that I was booting vanilla but I see that there is some reference to EFI/Oz etc. I thought Oz was the boot loader but it still needs to load an EFI partition? Any ideas as to what is up? I also tried doing my own patch with MMTool but get the same no parking symbol result... Finally: tried checking a new build of Oz was up but the site appears offline?

F3 and F4 versions of BIOS do not have writable NVRAM, but F2 does, so look for a modded F2 file or bake your own. Check the first post for requirements regarding NVRAM.

I read through this thread and modded my own BIOS with Oz and learned a lot in the process - I warmly suggest you do the same and start over. You will really gain a lot even if it is a lot of reading!

Oz *is* the bootloader and EFI partition is used on genuine Macs too, so it is not something that tarnishes the "vanilla" and for sure should not be removed.

other solution, boot with {command + V} and see what is lagging out... it could be as simple as the bootflag kext-dev-mode=1 is not set (so fakeSMC is not loading...)  I keep with the version I know works and doesn't have issues with the Fusion Drive setup I run that is 894m, also available from that Ozmosis repo.

I am willing to help troubleshoot just post the info requested.

HBP

I already started my own thread here, but it's Ozmosis related so I figured I'd post here too. I flashed Ozmosis 1479 on my z77x-ud5h installed Yosemite and got it up and running. I tried using migration assistant to copy over my data and now I get kernel panic. The TM backup was taken from my hack which had 10.10 installed using Clover. I would guess that is what is causing issue but not sure what to do. Please, any and all help is welcome. Thanks!

-picture can be found on my thread i linked to

Solved:

kext-dev-mode=1 was not added to boot arguments prior to migration so kext dependencies are causing KP

Welcome to the land of Freedom!!!  Freedom from having to worry about what the next revision is going to frag in the boot loader ;P

HBP

Can this be done on MSI motherboards?

it can be done on ANY EFI boards, but we don't recommend doing it unless there is a backup of some sort, if something goes wrong, and you only have 1 bios, you fragged your board by flashing the bios.

HBP

I have recently installed Ozmosis on my Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UP5 TH.

It works perfectly so far, except for one thing...

Whenever I try to sign into the App Store, iCloud, or any other Apple-related service, I get this message: "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."

I (we) have tried everything. Any help is appreciated.

Is your Ethernet en0?

According to System Profiler, it's en2.

Edit: Here are some screenshots.

App Store:

lvlxicb.png

System Profiler:

1wRicZx.png

Here's my Defaults.plist: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36i80ZMIemuRlI4azhBd201MVE/view?usp=sharing

I'll get you guys my BIOS image, lemme find it real quick....

Never mind guys, it worked! Thanks to @CrazyCreator for the suggestion. I changed ethernet to en0 and now it works flawlessly. 

You must change the BSD Name to en0

write this in your terminal

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Then reboot

Thanks, that solved it. I just have one more issue. So, internal gfx work just fine, that's what I've been using for the installation. With Chameleon, I need GraphicsEnabler=No to boot with the card in. I understand Oz doesn't have an option to input boot flags, so how would I go about enabling my card? It's a Gigabyte AMD R9 270x.

Shutdown ... Disable intern GPU and Enable your Card and change it to the right slot ... all in bios of course. ... reboot.

i think this is the trick ... but i don't have tested. 

Already tried that, it boots, but right before it hits the desktop is stops outputting video. 

I've been looking at my Defaults.plist, and found this:

Z0WnLCb.png

Could I add GraphicsEnabler=No to the key? If so, what do I use to separate the flags?

Already tried that, it boots, but right before it hits the desktop is stops outputting video. 

I've been looking at my Defaults.plist, and found this:

Z0WnLCb.png

Could I add GraphicsEnabler=No to the key? If so, what do I use to separate the flags?

Hi,

Could I add GraphicsEnabler=No to the key? If so, what do I use to separate the flags? NO

But you can use these flags.

Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101

DisableNvidaInjection = Yes

DisableIntelInjection = Yes

DisableAtiInjection = Yes

Fred

Just curious what can be used to monitor hardware...? From my understanding Netkas' HWMonitor installs FakeSMC which will cause KP. Does iStat work? I guess more than anything I like to be able to monitor CPU temps and CPU speed steps.

Hi,

HWMonitor works fine with OZ 1479, all needed kexts are include.

Fred

Hi,

HWMonitor works fine with OZ 1479, all needed kexts are include.

Fred

I wasn't sure about HWMonitor as I've been trying to set up my hack with 1479, and I've run into multiple KP's regarding a conflict with FakeSMC. In any case I was mistaken in thinking HWMonitor had something to do with it, but I just installed iStat and it's working great.

Hi friends,

I'm crazy but, i whant to know what's the name of Filesystem.ffs Inside the Bios of this HP ProBook 4540s, because i didn't see it anywhere. The CoreDxe name is DxeMain but the FileSystem don't know yet. Can anyone try to just tell me where is it, or can i use this bios with Ozmosis stuff because it's allready there exept FileSystem? Thank's :wink_anim:

Edited by ammoune78