Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hi Pavo,

I've just flashed the Bios with all ozmosis stuff with enought free space, but it doesn't see the OS X partition, maybe it will not work with and without FileSystem.ffs.

Ah ok, but i'm talking about the FileSystem.ffs that i need to delete from the original Bios Image it's attached.

Ok i've found it, it's name is Fat.ffs; i'll try and rebort, but please PRAY WITH ME :angel:  :D  :drool:.

i have a few issues that need fixing: my cpu is being held back a ton it's the i7 3770 i have it overclocked galore but sadly it's not showing it's real power and when i add a ssdt it get's even worse 

i have a few issues that need fixing: my cpu is being held back a ton it's the i7 3770 i have it overclocked galore but sadly it's not showing it's real power and when i add a ssdt it get's even worse 

clocked at 800 mhz?

I have the same CPU and I had similar trouble.

My perfectly fixed SSDT > https://www.sendspace.com/file/mrthl2

Good Mornig 

@Pavo

Please if i want to use my DSDT coustomize...where add this dsdt?

In wich folder?

Thanks

Copy yout DSDT to the folder 

EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load

in EFI system partition.

Hi there,

I have a Quo board.

Flashed it with the latest H3C.

I can't get the multidisplay to work.

I tried with two monitors on the same card, with two cards (one ATI, one Nvidia, just in case)

No luck :(

The bios logo is displayed on both screens, the apple Logo is displayed on both screens but just before the login screen the second screen is switched off and only the main one is used. No double display option in the preferences.

Any hint ? 

Thanks

Curious if anyone has run into similar problem as me. I've had some minor hardware issues with my computer which may be part of the cause, but I'm finding multiple, partitions I suppose, showing up in the boot list. When I initially installed, I had Windows boot, Mac, Recovery and Shell. At some point it grew to 2 or 3 shell prompts, and eventually another mac prompt and recovery prompt. Now when I hold F12 to select boot device I have a list of like 10 different things, most of which are redundant. Not sure why this is happening.

I went with Ozmosis as it's supposed to be the most vanilla way of putting OS X on a hack, but I'm finding it far more difficult to maintain than Clover ever was.

Curious if anyone has run into similar problem as me. I've had some minor hardware issues with my computer which may be part of the cause, but I'm finding multiple, partitions I suppose, showing up in the boot list. When I initially installed, I had Windows boot, Mac, Recovery and Shell. At some point it grew to 2 or 3 shell prompts, and eventually another mac prompt and recovery prompt. Now when I hold F12 to select boot device I have a list of like 10 different things, most of which are redundant. Not sure why this is happening.

I went with Ozmosis as it's supposed to be the most vanilla way of putting OS X on a hack, but I'm finding it far more difficult to maintain than Clover ever was.

Ozmosis bug it adds them entries you can reset it with the four key Command + Option + p + r combination to clear the pram. If you want to do it manually then choose the last shell in the list at the F12 to enter the shell once there bcfg boot dump gives you the listing of them, bcfg rm ? will remove the number you used for the ? in my example. Leave the last shell entry as it is the only one that is real in my experience.

Hi there,

I have a Quo board.

Flashed it with the latest H3C.

I can't get the multidisplay to work.

I tried with two monitors on the same card, with two cards (one ATI, one Nvidia, just in case)

No luck :(

The bios logo is displayed on both screens, the apple Logo is displayed on both screens but just before the login screen the second screen is switched off and only the main one is used. No double display option in the preferences.

Any hint ? 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a similar issue with my Radeon 5770

I went for the RadeonFramefuffer using sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AtiFramebuffer=RadeonFramebuffer and I got my 2 monitors up & running

If it does not help, try the others framebuffers

Stef

their two with the radeon 5770 ... i have the same card (original mac edition), but i have a other question.

can you see the right number in System Information? i see in system profiler only this:

post-530903-0-73315600-1420447869_thumb.png

but my card it is 5770 ... 100%

Ozmosis bug it adds them entries you can reset it with the four key Command + Option + p + r combination to clear the pram. If you want to do it manually then choose the last shell in the list at the F12 to enter the shell once there bcfg boot dump gives you the listing of them, bcfg rm ? will remove the number you used for the ? in my example. Leave the last shell entry as it is the only one that is real in my experience.

Thanks. I'll have to give the shell command a try. Unless I'm incorrect, clearing PRAM would also clear the NVRAM, meaning I would have to set my ROM, MLB, etc. all over again.

Thanks. I'll have to give the shell command a try. Unless I'm incorrect, clearing PRAM would also clear the NVRAM, meaning I would have to set my ROM, MLB, etc. all over again.

Yes that is correct do it manually from the shell to keep them variables set to what you have now.

Yes that is correct do it manually from the shell to keep them variables set to what you have now.

If I were to place these values in Default.plist and place in Efi/Oz folder, then I could clear PRAM without having to reset values correct? I'm using Oz bios from hackintosh-forum.de. It works well, but not sure if there is a default.plist already included in bios. There's a generic MacPro3,1 and serial, etc that is included in bios, but not sure if that is generic across Oz firmwares or whether it is from whoever compiled it and put on the forum I downloaded it from. I'd like to get my defaults set and eventually incorporate them into the bios myself, but I'm still new to Ozmosis, so one step at a time.

I was also curious about using rEFInd as a way of easily selecting boot drive at startup. Currently using F12 and the gigabyte boot selection. I've read part of the rEFInd website  and understand it works a little differently with Yosemite. Anyone here using it successfully? Any tips tricks, etc?

If I were to place these values in Default.plist and place in Efi/Oz folder, then I could clear PRAM without having to reset values correct?

That's correct. And the Defaults.plist on ESP has priority over the one in the firmware.

To stop the entries re-appearing you can remove the HermitShell module from your BIOS. It's not something I tended to use here so I can manage without it.

I'm sure the bug has already been fixed and won't occur whenever we get the next Oz release.

• Like 1