Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I can do whatever i want with bios, it's on chip removable so i can read and program as i want.

My big problema it's' DSDT i have a concrete head that dont want to understand howto patch DSDT :D  so if i cant find the rigth patch, i cant try but i dont want to ask to someone to patch for me, so i have to start understand howto patch, and where get the patches.

I dont have internal GPU i'm using a Nvidia GTX680 so i can forget IGPU problem 

Excuse me Aigors because it's not my job, why did you buyed Asrock x79 board, since Gigabyte X79 should work with. You can go here: http://www.rampagedev.com, download DMG, take a proper DSDT for your Board. And the DSDT patch is easy, because you just need to understand the error that appear in the app to know what you should make. It's my proper experience with it, since Pjalm blame me for doing patches! You just need to go here: http://sourceforge.net/p/maciasl/wiki/Home/ to learn de code of patch and what is the patch and etc... as you will see it's simple, just need some need to do it, then you will patch what you want, exept X79, X99 and some errors in other chipsets. And if you patch DSDT for your X79 Board don't inject it into the Bios, it's my opinion, but for Sandy, Ivy and Haswell builds you already know how! 

You have not to excuse :D it's' my old mobo, it's 2 years old and i would like to build an hackintosh with it 

I know rampagedev but for my knowledge i tend to not use "rigth food" i love to understand what i'm doing, in this way i learn most of my real job because only if you understad you can fix by yourself ;-) 

Tonigth i will try, one question for you, for what you know, it's' better practice use Csmvideo from quo bios instead of original one?

You have not to excuse :D it's' my old mobo, it's 2 years old and i would like to build an hackintosh with it 

I know rampagedev but for my knowledge i tend to not use "rigth food" i love to understand what i'm doing, in this way i learn most of my real job because only if you understad you can fix by yourself ;-) 

Tonigth i will try, one question for you, for what you know, it's' better practice use Csmvideo from quo bios instead of original one?

I really don't know, if you plan to inject it into an dual bios MOBO just try it, but if it's an single chip bios MOBO no need to wast time for a failure result. You can do it only if people had good result with injecting them into there MOBO!

Hi guys! Since ozmosis do not find my memory modules correctly,

i wounder if u can add them manually in the SMBIOS? in defaults.plist?

Someting like this from Clover configurator:

<key>Memory</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Channels</key>
			<integer>2</integer>
			<key>Modules</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<string>1600</string>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<string>8192</string>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<string>1</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR3</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
					<string>Corsair Extreme</string>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<string>1600</string>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<string>8192</string>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<string>3</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR3</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<string>1600</string>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<string>8192</string>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<string>2</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR3</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Frequency</key>
					<string>1600</string>
					<key>Part</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Serial</key>
					<string>#</string>
					<key>Size</key>
					<string>8192</string>
					<key>Slot</key>
					<string>0</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>DDR3</string>
					<key>Vendor</key>
				</dict>
			</array>
			<key>SlotCount</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>

Hi friends, i have a weird view on my Asus Z97I-PLUS, i have ozmzosis in place, edited DSDT into EFi/Oz/Acpi/Load with all errors fixed and with some cosmetic patches so i can see right pci devices.

In my case a have a BCM4532 wifi mini pic but i can't add right DSDT injection to use this card, but i can use bluetooth as you can see in image named bluetooth

As you ca see in USB you notice  bcm controller under USB, it's only cosmetics, but how can fix this? 

post-840738-0-23576700-1424730656_thumb.png

post-840738-0-67042000-1424730939_thumb.png

It's like that you can do it but maybe it need modifying EEPROM for region code:

Step 1: you need to boot with native DSDT not patched one.

Step 2: You need to open IORegistryExplorer to view where your BCM is placed.

Step 3: You need to note that place in paper.

Step 4: Open your patched DSDT and inject your BCM card in the place where you have seen before in IORegistryExplorer it should be Under: PCI0/RP0X/PXSX. The RP0X is the place you have seen in IORegistryExplorer and the 0X can be 05 or 06 or 07, then you need to add your BCM4532 card Under Device PXSX.

But for your BCM4532 to work "maybe" you steel need a right patch and maybe correct region code for it to work!

Hi Friend finaly i got it :D i had to delete the whole DSM definition under _SB.PCI.RP04.PXSX , so the patch has been correctly installed under sp/pci/rp04/pxsx into first sb folder on DSDT, now i have to figure howto fix cosmetic issue for BT under USB 

Insane idea, i don't know how to contact ozmosis developer, so i try to write here.
Is in future plains of ozmosis the ability to network boot an hackintosh? 
I have a old idea that consist in the ability to create a boot server in some linux machine to serve boot image for install hackintosh via network, or, like real apple, to run diskless hackintosh, i dont have needing skills to tray to build something like i wish because i dont know netboot process of apple, but i'm afraid that it's' not enough because we don't use a real apple machine with real apple bios, so i have to emulate an hybrid environment because i have one part of boot process ( post and eventually netboot first step of) related to intel pc bonded to network implementation into bios, and other part related to Apple environment.
I know that apple use a proprietary protocol to ask booter and kernel, this is BSNP ( looks like IPXE ) that send booter and other stuff, but after it's' normal boot sequence.
The first part could be implemented via UEFI via ipxe.efi, but i dont know what happens after, which files i need, how to specify nfs root path to send to machine, and so on.

Is there someone who can clarify the process? 

• 2 weeks later...

How to fix this problem. I do not know where else to look for the answer to this problem!!!!?

This is wrong processor speed:

attachicon.gifAbout This Mac.png

but this is ok processor speed:

attachicon.gifSystem report.png

My Darwin Dumper

attachicon.gifDarwinDumperReports.zip

Both values are calculated by a bootloader and sent to OSX. What can you fix? The bootloader?!

Both values are calculated by a bootloader and sent to OSX. What can you fix? The bootloader?!

Look @Slice I don't have a problem with bootloader I have a problem in my About This Mac how to write speed of my processor.

You see on pic speed of my CPU is 4.3GHz. But in system report is good write normaly.

Look @Slice I don't have a problem with bootloader I have a problem in my About This Mac how to write speed of my processor.

You see on pic speed of my CPU is 4.4GHz. But in system report is good write normaly.

Thats the same on my t410. You have to get the type of your cpu. Read http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU