Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Pavo. I'm having another problem. When you plug in a flash drive or an external HDD pc restarts from scratch. See the error:

attachicon.gifnull

Some problem with the USB kext. In Clover is normal, as with the Ozmosis spit it restarts when I boot OS X or with a spiked stick, and then immediately kernel panic.

Have no clue, maybe the -xcpm boot flag you are using, not sure

With this flag "-xcpm", do not have any problem with the Clover. What were the bootflags you entered in the bios? 
You put the flag "-v" and also the "Kext-dev-mode = 1"? 

I'm not using the Yosemite. If you remove these flags and leave only the "-xcpm". It serves to take two states of power to the processor.

Pavo. I'm having another problem. When you plug in a flash drive or an external HDD pc restarts from scratch. See the error:

attachicon.gifnull

Some problem with the USB kext. In Clover is normal, as with the Ozmosis spit it restarts when I boot OS X or with a spiked stick, and then immediately kernel panic.

I am facing the same issue currently. It happens sometimes when a USB device is plugged in.

Are you using patched DSDT or SSDT or both?

I am facing the same issue currently. It happens sometimes when a USB device is plugged in.

Are you using patched DSDT or SSDT or both?

Yes I am using the DSDT patch. The SSDT is only for the processor.

I have tried to register for this site and I the Spam Verify answer isn't working for this question: Please indicate the result of "50 minus 49" in one word! I have tried one, 1 

1.0 perhaps.

I put the same boot flags you had in the Clover config you uploaded

I have also made a MORE readable and easier to follow guide for Ozmosis located here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301407-guide-insert-ozmosis-into-uefi-bios/

Pavo. you do not think this problem can be some conflict with the files in the same Clover EFI partition?

Get rid of DSDT and check.

Removed the DSDT, but it is the same. Restart when I plug in the usb ports mentioned device. Whatever it is, stick or other, it restarts! I ran the audio and without the usb 3.0 ports, because my DSDT is patched so that they work. 

Is it not because the SSDT? She is also not responsible for power management of both the processor and the system?

Removed the DSDT, but it is the same. Restart when I plug in the usb ports mentioned device. Whatever it is, stick or other, it restarts! I ran the audio and without the usb 3.0 ports, because my DSDT is patched so that they work. 

Is it not because the SSDT? She is also not responsible for power management of both the processor and the system?

DSDT was the culprit in my case, removing it fixed the problem for me. I didn't bother to figure out what needed to be patched in DSDT as I was only using it to enable HDMI audio, which can be enabled via SSDT as well, so I just got rid of it completely.

In your case I'd remove SSDT as well just to check.

Also, try switching back to AICPUPM.kext for PM.

DSDT was the culprit in my case, removing it fixed the problem for me. I didn't bother to figure out what needed to be patched in DSDT as I was only using it to enable HDMI audio, which can be enabled via SSDT as well, so I just got rid of it completely.

In your case I'd remove SSDT as well just to check.

Also, try switching back to AICPUPM.kext for PM.

I removed both the DSDT and SSDT, but still restart when plug in any USB stick or external HDD and the USB ports.

3220 doesn't use XCPM so the flag -xcpm is doing nothing

May be it. But when I did not use this flag, I had only two energy states. Now with the flag "-xcpm" I have four states. And I never had this problem with the USB connections CloverEFI. 

I do not even know how to solve this problem. 

I'll have to go back even with my origial BIOS. 

Thanks for your effort and nice work with my BIOS, Pavo. Thanks.

I removed both the DSDT and SSDT, but still restart when plug in any USB stick or external HDD and the USB ports.

May be it. But when I did not use this flag, I had only two energy states. Now with the flag "-xcpm" I have four states. And I never had this problem with the USB connections CloverEFI. 

I do not even know how to solve this problem. 

I'll have to go back even with my origial BIOS. 

Thanks for your effort and nice work with my BIOS, Pavo. Thanks.

@ Jorge, I read your KP and crash logs. what is KPing your system is the kext for the sensors kext in the bios. keep them in the OZ dir of the EFI partition and not hardcoded, or better yet, installed directly in /S/L/E. 1479 is unstable on some boards, and adding sensors to the bios adds to that problem. an alternative is to go back a revision to 894m. which is very stable and has fewer problems (it also has fewer graphics injectors).

food for thought.

HBP 

• Like 1

@ Jorge, I read your KP and crash logs. what is KPing your system is the kext for the sensors kext in the bios. keep them in the OZ dir of the EFI partition and not hardcoded, or better yet, installed directly in /S/L/E. 1479 is unstable on some boards, and adding sensors to the bios adds to that problem. an alternative is to go back a revision to 894m. which is very stable and has fewer problems (it also has fewer graphics injectors).

food for thought.

HBP 

Thanks for the info friend. But the 894m version, does not inject the correct one for my video card framebuffer. Causing, black screen with no video signal on the monitor. 

This latest version injects the correct information and have the visible desktop.

Friend. Solved this problem! I redid the system cache with "kext wizard" and ran these commands in terminal: "sudo touch / System / Library / Extensions" and "sudo nvram c". 

I rebooted the PC, tested, plugging a flash drive into the USB ports and worked without rebooting.
  • Like 2

Injector injects the correct name for the Intel SATA chipset into System profiler.

Disabler disables various kexts like AppleIntelCPUPM, AppleTYMCE etc.

I think both are for booting from a 10.6 or 10.6.3 install disc. I could never get either to load with my 10.6.8 system so I use my own injector kext and NullCPUPM.

I assume it inject 7 series ahci?

If I have 9 series it's useless for me?

Regarding Disabler - if appleintelcpupm is disabled how will power management/sleep work?

I assume it inject 7 series ahci?

If I have 9 series it's useless for me?

Regarding Disabler - if appleintelcpupm is disabled how will power management/sleep work?

It is not used for the newer chips the xcpm I think Xenu Cpu Power Management

is what it expands too is built into the Kernel now not a .kext, that is why sometimes the Haswell kernel patch is needed on some machines so it will load and not error/panic on boot.

I have tried to register for this site and I the Spam Verify answer isn't working for this question: Please indicate the result of "50 minus 49" in one word! I have tried one, 1 

1.0 perhaps.

German forum German word for one, eins.

• Like 1

disabler and injector kext is to get around unsupported cpu and dvd booting for 10.6 only! DO NOT use these kexts if you have no plans to boot and install from 10.6 dvd media..

Also would like to address fakesmc and sensor kexts. Sensors kexts in firmware are made to match and work with included fakesmc. DO NOT mix fakesmc and sensor kexts from different builds.. You will get a panic on fakesmc kext.

• Like 3

Can someone help me with rEFInd please?

It is intended for real mac, not for hackintosh, and there is a good instruction on his site but the instruction is for real mac.

Can someone help me with rEFInd please?

put it in the EFI partition under /EFI/BOOT labeled bootx64.efi make sure that the rest of the stuff you downloaded is in the same dir. 

reboot, and then bring up your boot list, and select boot from uefi from that drive...

that should give you access to the rEFInd gui, but then I don't need one and haven't verified the above instructions, that's just my experience with UEFI boards, if you want a boot loader, name it /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi and it will boot overtime that is selected as the default uefi boot drive.** notice I said UEFI boot drive not default boot drive, if you have OS X set as default you will never see the menu.

HBP

It is intended for real mac, not for hackintosh, and there is a good instruction on his site but the instruction is for real mac.

I read somewhere on this thread that rEFInd can be used with Oz, that's why I was trying. Thanks for replying btw at least now I'll not waste my time on this.

put it in the EFI partition under /EFI/BOOT labeled bootx64.efi make sure that the rest of the stuff you downloaded is in the same dir. 

reboot, and then bring up your boot list, and select boot from uefi from that drive...

that should give you access to the rEFInd gui, but then I don't need one and haven't verified the above instructions, that's just my experience with UEFI boards, if you want a boot loader, name it /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi and it will boot overtime that is selected as the default uefi boot drive.** notice I said UEFI boot drive not default boot drive, if you have OS X set as default you will never see the menu.

HBP

Thanks for the info but I have successfully installed it already, it just doesn't load OS X, gets stuck on this.

56dN8WX.jpg?2

I read somewhere on this thread that rEFInd can be used with Oz, that's why I was trying. Thanks for replying btw at least now I'll not waste my time on this.

Thanks for the info but I have successfully installed it already, it just doesn't load OS X, gets stuck on this.

56dN8WX.jpg?2

does ozmosis load OS X for you without rEFInd?  If so try installing http://hwsensors.com/ (that is who actually is maintaining FakeSMC)  it will install FakeSMC and additional plugins into /S/L/E (like it would on a real mac) and that often times can resolve that issue. the other route is to go into bcfg in the edkII shell and add the /EFI/BOOT/Bootx64.efi to the boot options. that way you know for sure that all the ozmosis plugins in bios are being read during boot.

HBP

does ozmosis load OS X for you without rEFInd? If so try installing http://hwsensors.com/ (that is who actually is maintaining FakeSMC) it will install FakeSMC and additional plugins into /S/L/E (like it would on a real mac) and that often times can resolve that issue. the other route is to go into bcfg in the edkII shell and add the /EFI/BOOT/Bootx64.efi to the boot options. that way you know for sure that all the ozmosis plugins in bios are being read during boot.

HBP

I already have fakesmc installed in S/L/E.

I don't have EFI shell, there was no room left for it in bios. Can I run it from a USB drive or something?

you have to strip out network or other drivers to make room for the EFI shell, though I s'pose that you could boot it off the EFI partition the only way to tell it to do that is via the EFI shell, so it's a catch 22, your damed if you do and damed if you don't.  it is better to put network drivers, or the sensors in the EFI partition then leaving out the shell, which ozmosis is using in the launch process.

just my two cents worth as it has been my experience.

HBP