Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I read somewhere on this thread that rEFInd can be used with Oz, that's why I was trying.

I just see no sense to use it as it will not help us.

Thanks for replying btw at least now I'll not waste my time on this.

Thanks for the info but I have successfully installed it already, it just doesn't load OS X, gets stuck on this.

• Like 1

I still have a strange problem - after clearing nvram (command+alt+p+r) the boot entry for Yosemite is gone and I have to add it manually through shell.

I also have recovery and Yosemite installation partitions which the boot entries for them are intact.

Anyone have a hint for me? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been that always for me but no clue what changed.

this is bless info for my system

looks fine

finderinfo[0]:      2 => Blessed System Folder is /
finderinfo[1]: 399949 => Blessed System File is /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi
finderinfo[2]:      0 => Open-folder linked list empty
finderinfo[3]:      0 => No alternate OS blessed file/folder
finderinfo[4]:      0 => Unused field unset
finderinfo[5]:      2 => OS X blessed folder is /
64-bit VSDB volume id:  0x244F1F69DDDF6345

Hi xpamamadeus,  I'm trying to install Osmosis on my bios (laptop in signature, UEFI Phoenix Tiano BIOS) but I don't know what file I need to delete, because the content of my bios is really different from the example one, ,my bios if full of .efi files. Can you get a look, please. Thanks in advance

bios.zip

I already have fakesmc installed in S/L/E.

I don't have EFI shell, there was no room left for it in bios. Can I run it from a USB drive or something?

Remove all fakesmc and sensors either for EFI partition, S/L/E and Bios. Download the latest FakeSMC from here: http://www.hwsensors.com/content/01-releases/32-release-1328/HWSensors.6.11.1328.Binaries.dmg, convert FakeSMC in .ffs, add it in Bios and put other sensors in EFI partition only, clear nvram, flash bios and reboot!

Edited by ammoune78

I still keep Ozmosis 828m atm,

1. There is some booting issue related with the no. of HDD,

http://pastebin.com/tKRF5SCg

In case of 894m and 1479, it did not booting.

yea, It's O.K. 1 HDD for booting with 894m and 1479.

2. I inserted Network Driver in BIOS,It seems to be O.K. but, not working.

http://pastebin.com/4Twws2rH

I still keep Ozmosis 828m atm,

1. There is some booting issue related with the no. of HDD,

http://pastebin.com/tKRF5SCg

In case of 894m and 1479, it did not booting.

yea, It's O.K. 1 HDD for booting with 894m and 1479.

2. I inserted Network Driver in BIOS,It seems to be O.K. but, not working.

http://pastebin.com/4Twws2rH

1. The first FAT formatted partition it finds as listed by the drive order in your BIOS is where the files it uses will be put, disk0s1 in your case assuming that is the first one listed there.

2. Damned old driver your using there if you have an 8111 or 8168 based nic get the Realtek8111 driver on here that is rock solid stable and well maintained by Meize. And it is not really needed in the BIOS you can put it in the EFI partition in the EFI/OZ/Extensions/Common if my memory serves me well at this moment.

It is intended for real mac, not for hackintosh, and there is a good instruction on his site but the instruction is for real mac.

What makes you think so? It's a nice GUI and works fine on Hackintosh as well. You should know as Clover GUI is based on RefiT.

• Like 1

What makes you think so? It's a nice GUI and works fine on Hackintosh as well. You should know as Clover GUI is based on RefiT.

rEFIt has a successor too, i.e. rEFInd......:)

F'ed up my motherboard, I compressed core_pie and now board won't boot. I just hear 6 beeps and then it restarts. :P

I tried many methods to enable backup bios but no luck. I guess I will have to RMA this thing.

This may or may not work for your motherboard, but at least for my GA-Z77N-WIFI, the recovery mode is set by just pressing the power button and keeping the button pressed until the power switches off. After the computer has powered off, you can release and then press again the power button normally, and the recovery procedure will be started.

This may or may not work for your motherboard, but at least for my GA-Z77N-WIFI, the recovery mode is set by just pressing the power button and keeping the button pressed until the power switches off. After the computer has powered off, you can release and then press again the power button normally, and the recovery procedure will be started.

Tried that as well as many other things including shorting bios chip's pins and stuff.

Positive side is that now we know to never compress core_pie. This info should be added to the op. XD

More personal one little problem, the pc keeps calling from nothing during sleep. 

I ran this by eating at the terminal I saw on a forum:  "syslog -k Sender kernel -k Message Req Wake"

And he showed me this:

post-1145065-0-82786300-1413456880_thumb.png

How do I solve this problem "Wake reason: GLAN EHC1" and "Wake reason: GLAN EHC2".

In CloverEFI, did not have this problem. The pc usually sleep without getting all the time calling. 

I thank the help of friends.

F'ed up my motherboard, I compressed core_pie and now board won't boot. I just hear 6 beeps and then it restarts. :P

I tried many methods to enable backup bios but no luck. I guess I will have to RMA this thing.

try to pull out the nvidia card and connect IGPU ... it should boot , if not try to press F8 frequently when the PC boots and flash the stock BIOS .. that thing occurred with me 

How do I solve this problem "Wake reason: GLAN EHC1" and "Wake reason: GLAN EHC2".

In CloverEFI, did not have this problem. The pc usually sleep without getting all the time calling. 

I thank the help of friends.

Do you have External storage connected by USB? Does your bios have a setting for "Dynamic Storage"? If so make sure its checked as some external storage will not allow sleep

@DiscoDancer, you learned a valuable lesson, do not tamper with files in firmware that you do not know about. Ozmosis is perfectly safe if you are only adding filesystem drivers and oz specific files.

Check if you have Wake for Ethernet network Access checked in Energy Saver section of System Preferences and uncheck it.

Both the wake for network access and also bluetooth options are disabled. But still I am with this problem.

@DiscoDancer, you learned a valuable lesson, do not tamper with files in firmware that you do not know about. Ozmosis is perfectly safe if you are only adding filesystem drivers and oz specific files.

I'm not complaining bro. I am aware of the fact that it was my fault.

Ozmosis didn't kill my motherboard, curiosity did.

I was relying a lot on the backup bios though, wonder why it didn't work this time.

• Like 1

Both the wake for network access and also bluetooth options are disabled. But still I am with this problem.

Sorry, I edited my post after you replied. EHC1/EHC2 means something connected to the USB controller is waking the system, this can be any device using this controller, USB storage just happens to be the most common factor.

This problem can also be fixed by having proper definitions for EHC* in dsdt.

• Like 2

Sorry, I edited my post after you replied. EHC1/EHC2 means something connected to the USB controller is waking the system, this can be any device using this controller, USB storage just happens to be the most common factor.

Yes and in addition of that, with my latest Z87X-UD4H just added a patch for EHC* and xHC* with no kext worked Properly and natively!

You can check my DSDT? This is it: DSDT Jorge.zip

I applied the patch this site: http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0

I was relying a lot on the backup bios though, wonder why it didn't work this time.

You don't have to touch something that can kill you hardware, in order to flash your board with modified bios:

1- Shut down your board

2- Press the power bouton until your board boot and shut down again them self

3- release power bouton and press them again to power on your board, the back up screen should now appear

I wish you good health for your board!  ^_^

Friend, I have also messed with my motherboard. I had these errors with these beeps, you just press the on / off switch cabinet holding it and count 5 seconds will turn off the plate, and press the button again for 5 seconds, it will turn off again and get in the way BIOS recovery. I think it goes back to the F4 version. My back to this version. Was only after upgrading to the latest version, the F15.